Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I am amazed

RyansRangers

I agree to an extent, but......despite the fact that Snyder would take heat for the team's performance no matter what, I really don't think the guy does himself any favors by not putting himself more out there publicly, and of course the numerous stories of how he's treated people who are not his equals don't help his case.

Along with that, he has ruined the Washington Redskins

I don't know. It seems that the franchises who had great QB/Coaches have a hell of a time replacing them. I mean, once Coryell was gone, how long did it take the Chargers to get to the SB? When Young finished with San Fran, did they have a lot of success? basically, most teams that have tried to replace elite, HoF type franchise QBs (and I'll include coaches) have failed for years, even decades.

Did the Packers "front office" ruin themselves in the 70s and 80s? Or did Lynn Dickey and the like just not add up to the championships? What about Cleveland? They've made mistakes but they've hired GMs and such an done it 'the right way,' perhaps until very recently.

Hell, the Steelers weren't so hot in the 80s either. Did the Rooneys magically ruin then unruin their franchise?

If anything, we've had more success under Snyder's ownership than we did in the post-Gibbs/pre-Snyder era. Is it a lot of success? No. But part of that was coaching decisions by Gibbs to stick with Brunell in 2005 when he was gimped up, stick with Brunell in 04 for no reason (lol) and not listen to Al Saunders about who should be QB.

Who knows what 2005 or 2007 could have been with more prompt changes (as swift as Gibbs moved with, say, Ramsey rather than his incredibly slow rate of change with Brunell or Campbel)

If we had gone to an NFC title game or Super Bowl instead of merely a couple of playoffs---could you honestly say the franchise is ruined?

Now, that's not to say mistakes are not aplenty over there in Redskins Park. You can't ban signs, that's dumb. They should have just hired Gregg Williams. They should fire Vinny, not merely for 'incompetence' but because he's not independent enough of Snyder. (I'd actually be fine with a severe demotion, Vinny can still work with scouts, I think.) They should have tailored the transition around continuing that family feeling rather than goin with Zorn, allowing Vinny someone weaker or beholden to him, and not worrying about developing Campbell at the expense of the team.

That's a big fault but it's not even the one I think that fans are complaining about.

I think you're overreacting. Have you encountered anyone in your daily life that can't focus on work, family, can't sleep, etc. because of their hatred for Snyder? I seriously doubt one person on here would say that the Redskins are more important than soldiers in Afghanistan or kids with terminal cancer. The reason why you think the vitriol is out of proportion to reality is because the only place you encounter it is on ES, and since it's isolated from other aspects of people's lives, it comes out more strongly here. It's really a case of people expressing their displeasure in the proper forum and not letting it carry over disproportionately into their daily lives. I really don't see the problem, to be honest.

Great, what are we supposed to talk about on a Redskins message board now?

How much we hate child molesters, rapists, murders, and drunk drivers?

Isn't this a Redskins message board? The team that's 2-5 after playing 5 straight complete garbage teams and couldn't put 20 on any team? Despite the owner doing the exact same **** for a decade the wrong way we should love him for being an imbecile? OK. Sure. I'll try, but not very hard.

I agree to an extent, but......despite the fact that Snyder would take heat for the team's performance no matter what, I really don't think the guy does himself any favors by not putting himself more out there publicly, and of course the numerous stories of how he's treated people who are not his equals don't help his case.

Bad decisions have been made no doubt......but he isn't on the field on the sideline like Blank and Jones during EVERY 4th quarter...heck, neither is Vinnie......but they could be egged or it could be battery night so its a sound decision. LOL

Great, what are we supposed to talk about on a Redskins message board now?

How much we hate child molesters, rapists, murders, and drunk drivers?

Isn't this a Redskins message board? The team that's 2-5 after playing 5 straight complete garbage teams and couldn't put 20 on any team? Despite the owner doing the exact same **** for a decade the wrong way we should love him for being an imbecile? OK. Sure. I'll try, but not very hard.

Never said anything about being happy with the skins or him.. .never said anything about liking him.. didnt say cant criticize the orginization.... The team is awful he is a big part of the problem..

THAT WASNT MY POINT

Haha obviously you don't realize what message board this is. This is EXTREME skins. Maybe a moderate skins message board would be more suitable for you.

On a more serious note. There's plenty of hatred to go around. We can hate murderers, sex offenders, etc and still hate the owner of this team. I'm sure the Redskins aren't the only concerns of the people on this board. People have a right to be pissed and it's something that has built up over 10 years. A definate overreaction IMO.

I think you're overreacting. Have you encountered anyone in your daily life that can't focus on work, family, can't sleep, etc. because of their hatred for Snyder? I seriously doubt one person on here would say that the Redskins are more important than soldiers in Afghanistan or kids with terminal cancer. The reason why you think the vitriol is out of proportion to reality is because the only place you encounter it is on ES, and since it's isolated from other aspects of people's lives, it comes out more strongly here. It's really a case of people expressing their displeasure in the proper forum and not letting it carry over disproportionately into their daily lives. I really don't see the problem, to be honest.

I agree with you that this is a place to vent. But some of the rants and some of the actions people want to take outside of the messageboard are Extreme (not the fancard idea, I actually like that one)

Alright, I think it's time for all of us to do our anger management exercises. I'll go first...

It's ok for me to be upset about trading away too many draft picks.

It is not ok to wish that Dan Snyder's penis would somehow get caught in one of those old time movie projectors, being stretched until the reel could spin no more, stopping right as the tip is pressed against the burning hot lightbulb.

Who would like to go next?

RR, I seriously doubt that the people on here ripping Dan wish ill for him or his family.

But I don't think you should be surprised by people's reaction to him, especially at this time when the team isn't doing well. How do you expect people to react to the way some fans were treated at the MNF game? Also, if you heard of someone who insisted on being called "Mr.," wouldn't you think that person was a bit snobbish?

Having said that, I honestly don't have much of a problem with his remarks today. He said just about all he could at this time.

It is not ok to wish that Dan Snyder's penis would somehow get caught in one of those old time movie projectors, being stretched until the reel could spin no more, stopping right as the tip is pressed against the burning hot lightbulb.

:hysterical: This has to be the post of all time on ES!

alright, i think it's time for all of us to do our anger management exercises. I'll go first...

It's ok for me to be upset about trading away too many draft picks.

It is not ok to wish that dan snyder's penis would somehow get caught in one of those old time movie projectors, being stretched until the reel could spin no more, stopping right as the tip is pressed against the burning hot lightbulb.

Who would like to go next?

hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

RR, I seriously doubt that the people on here ripping Dan wish ill for him or his family.

But I don't think you should be surprised by people's reaction to him, especially at this time when the team isn't doing well. How do you expect people to react to the way some fans were treated at the MNF game? Also, if you heard of someone who insisted on being called "Mr.," wouldn't you think that person was a bit snobbish?

Having said that, I honestly don't have much of a problem with his remarks today. He said just about all he could at this time.

I am not suprised and I am speaking of certain rants about Snyder not your typical Snyder Sucks, Sell the Team..

side note- yes I have heard of many many Billionaires who request to be called Mr...

Archived