Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Winning after the bye?

darrelgreenie

The hopes for a successful playoff bound season have been dashed.

Our age and lack of depth along the OL have been exposed by season ending injuries to our best linemen Samuels and Thomas.

Our current/former HC has been undermined by front office and appears to be a coach waiting to get fired.

Our 'redshirt' receivers are still trying to make an impact.

We have a new playcaller in Sherman Lewis, knowledgeable for sure, but is new to the personnel and has been away from coaching for 5 years and playcalling for 9 years.

Everyone including many fans have seemingly given up on the team and appear ready to tear it all down.

But the season isn't over.

We are not going to go 2-14.

I think the worst is over.

It conceivable that the OL is going to improve as they play together and gel.

I'm not saying we're going to make the playoffs, but what if we win a few games and get this thing moving in the right direction after the bye?

Do we still tear it all down?

n2l301.jpg

whats%20next.jpg

What's next?

You know what the worst part of the bye week is? Right around Wednesday night a few people start forgetting just how bad we are and in what direction we're heading. Usually I only have to put up with these optimistic threads for a few days before Sunday rolls around and sends us all back to reality. I'm not sure if I can take a week and a half of this.

To answer your question, "no". We are not going to win after the bye. This season is going to be a complete disaster. Hopefully we will start rebuilding the right way and can look forward to a bright future after that.

I'm not saying we're going to make the playoffs, but what if we win a few games and get this thing moving in the right direction after the bye?

Do we still tear it all down?

You mean if we finish 7-9 or 8-8 or something?

Do we tear it down?

Well, I would. Absolutely.

Snyder wouldn't. He'll still think we're a player or two away. Just like we've been for the past ten years.

Hell, he might anyway.

the worst thing in the world for the Skins right now would be to win another game this season. That would let Danny think he has been right all along and it's idiots like Zorn and his playcalling that have held this team back. I want 2-14, so Dan has no choice but to look at the mess and admit that he screwed up, any win, especially one late in the season, will only provide Danny with a false sense of hope that he is only a few steps away from gettting this thing right.

I actually started to worry that Bingo Caller might get the O going, justifying the move and Dan's heavy handed management of this team. Then I saw who was starting on the oline & those worries went away quickly.

There is always the possibility of going 9 consective wins, or losses. Regardless of how the outcome this season has unfolded so far, I am going to continue to support this Team. I am hopeful of a 10-6 or 9-7 record, but think the Redskins will 8-8 0r 7-9 record.

No game this week sucks, bye weeks are gay hah

At least we cant lose, or can we find a way to **** that up too? lmao

BREAKING NEWS FROM VEGAS;

Redskins are 21 point underdogs vs. the BYE this week, and the line is moving quick as all the "smart money" coming in is picking the BYE to handle the Skins with ease.

Over/Under for the game is negative 20 points, I will be taking the under.

I disagree, we could easily go 2-14. Maybe we beat the raiders. Nobody else I think we even have a chance against.

I doubt we could beat the Raiders. I mean, we played down to all the other supposedly "inferior" teams out there. Hell, we lost to the Lions.

We'll play down to the Raiders (or maybe up to them, who knows) and it'll be a tight game. It could be another field goal fest. I guarantee we'll go into the 4th quarter of that game either tied, or separated by a score either way.

If anything is obvious by now its that we shouldn't rule any team out.

What a miserable season this is. At least we'll have a high pick if Vinny doesn't piss it away. Maybe we'll have someone in the front office by then who actually knows what the **** they're doing.

@ATL: Atlanta beats the Skins 27-10. 2-6

DEN: Denver beats the Skins 24-6. 2-7

@DAL: Dallas crushes the Skins 33-3. 2-8

@PHI: Philly beats the Skins: 30-3. 2-9

NO: Drew Brees breaks passing record for TDs in this game. We lose 63-3. 2-10

@OAK: Oakland wins 5-3. 2-11

NYG: Giants win comfortably 27-9. 2-12

DAL: Dallas wins again 33-6. 2-13

@SD: Chargers backups beats us 16-6. 2-14.

The only game we could win is the Raiders game, which would put us at 3-13. I think the team quits within 2 weeks after the bye.

No game this week sucks, bye weeks are gay hah

At least we cant lose, or can we find a way to **** that up too? lmao

I think the Bye week kicks our ass this year. Most recent years, we've gotten a leg up on the Bye, but as bad as we are this year...yeah, my money's on the Bye.

BREAKING NEWS FROM VEGAS;

Redskins are 21 point underdogs vs. the BYE this week, and the line is moving quick as all the "smart money" coming in is picking the BYE to handle the Skins with ease.

Over/Under for the game is negative 20 points, I will be taking the under.

Don't forget that the bye is also winless coming into this game.

I would have given the bye a 17-point start, just to make the contest more appealing. 20 points is just easy money.

I'm an optimistic person by nature, but look at the teams that we have played, the incredible struggle it has been even to get to the bad record we have, and the rest of our season. We were supposed to come out of this stretch 6-1 or 5-2. This was the cakewalk part of our schedule. The rest of the season was going to be tough even if we had all of our people healthy and playing well together, which obviously isnt happening.

2-14 wouldn't surprise me. Realistically, the only team that we really have a good chance of beating is the Raiders, but we said that same thing about all the other bad teams that we played already too. Still, I'd like to give us that one, so 3-13 is my guess on our final record for the year. It wont be pretty.

Right now it looks as though Oakland is the only team we might be able to beat.

Our team seems sadly a still slowly dissolving wreck and could very well have not yet bottomed out.

However it is the NFC East and there are usually a few upsets. I suspect we surprise at least one division rival this year. I would guess dallas but who knows?

We are still headed towards a dismal final record and a very high draft pick (though Vinny and Danny remain convinced we have playoff level talent).

watch'in the Redskins Nation TV clip on Redskins.com yesterday showed the pratice field empty, no one in sight :mad: I was kind of shocked. the way they've been play'in they don't deserve a day off - not until their record improves drasticly. I like Zorn but he needs more backbone, needs to be meaner. The players should be on that pritice field running theri ba!!s off, block'in , hitt'in, lift'in. Not at home with their feet proped up, they haven't eraned that right. :cool2:

Archived