Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Winning after the bye?

darrelgreenie

No one thinks we go 2 and 14, except for 2 and 14! We have a very good defense and fairly good special teams. At this point I say 8-8.

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

10, Count 'em, 10 laughing emoticons. No coming back from that. Debate over. I win!!!!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

10, Count 'em, 10 laughing emoticons. No coming back from that. Debate over. I win!!!!

You never cease to amaze me 2 and 14. Your ignorance is only exceeded by your petulance.

:doh:

Good thing you edited your post, you only had 8 the first time! :hysterical:

The whole point of everything you say revolves around the fact that we suck. Fine! You ought to argue your point a little!

The hopes for a successful playoff bound season have been dashed.

Our age and lack of depth along the OL have been exposed by season ending injuries to our best linemen Samuels and Thomas.

Our current/former HC has been undermined by front office and appears to be a coach waiting to get fired.

Our 'redshirt' receivers are still trying to make an impact.

We have a new playcaller in Sherman Lewis, knowledgeable for sure, but is new to the personnel and has been away from coaching for 5 years and playcalling for 9 years.

Everyone including many fans have seemingly given up on the team and appear ready to tear it all down.

But the season isn't over.

We are not going to go 2-14.

I think the worst is over.

It conceivable that the OL is going to improve as they play together and gel.

I'm not saying we're going to make the playoffs, but what if we win a few games and get this thing moving in the right direction after the bye?

Do we still tear it all down?

n2l301.jpg

whats%20next.jpg

What's next?

You still don't get it, do you? :doh:

You never cease to amaze me 2 and 14. Your ignorance is only exceeded by your petulance.

:doh:

Judging by comments such as "I think 8-8" and "we have a lot of good players", you are clearly delusional and I have no desire to entertain a serious debate with you. It would be like debating a table.

Judging by comments such as "I think 8-8" and "we have a lot of good players", you are clearly delusional and I have no desire to entertain a serious debate with you. It would be like debating a table.

Then don't respond! You are the one that keeps doing the drive-byes!

Good luck with the losing. Sorry to have ever come across your sorry 2 and 14 post's to begin with!

+1 bingo!

Blue Crab, You want a piece of me too! :cuss: :)

Time to pick up your game with me blue crab. Like 2 and 14 you have nothing to say on topic or without making personal attacks.

Here is a chicken neck for you to chew on... we are not as bad as you think. We should have beat Philly.

Lots of beer on Sundays is whats next.

I think we are going to be feeling like the 1990s Bengals fans for a while here so we may as well laugh at the game.

Most are already laughing. Apathy has set in not only among some players, but fans as well. Can't really blame them until we see some changes.

To the OP : Looking at our remaining schedule, I don't really see us turning it around and actually looking good, we could beat the Raiders sure, but our remaining home schedule is brutal and I don't see our players getting hyped up for division games if they are already looking to the offseason.

We'd have to win a lot more than a few games for things not to be torn down.

:logo:

5-11 max, 4-12 is more likely. i think we can beat oakland (maybe) and other than that its gonna take a team having a horrid performance against us for us to eek another one out.

when do pitchers and catchers report?

Not for a while. But don't worry - the hockey season just started.

And I think your prediction is about right. 4 or 5 wins. Man, how we have fallen.

Not for a while. But don't worry - the hockey season just started.

And I think your prediction is about right. 4 or 5 wins. Man, how we have fallen.

i just pulled the 2009 prediction thread. it brought massive lols.

i forgot i predicted the chiefs loss back in september and was worried about detroit. terrible times.

if you want a good laugh, go pull that thread.

I think we can get some positives out of this year, at least we all now know it is without doubt the O-line that needs improving (should've been strenghtened 2 years ago) . Nothing works on offense without a half decent O-line.

We can still win 7 or 8 games this year if the D continues to hold its own and the O-line gels a bit more. I seriously believe that without the silly mistakes this year we could be 4-3 or even 5-2.

I think we can get some positives out of this year, at least we all now know it is without doubt the O-line that needs improving (should've been strenghtened 2 years ago) . Nothing works on offense without a half decent O-line.

We can still win 7 or 8 games this year if the D continues to hold its own and the O-line gels a bit more. I seriously believe that without the silly mistakes this year we could be 4-3 or even 5-2.

The problem is we are a team of silly mistakes. We don't practice right, we aren't coached right, and we don't execute right. There's no leader on this team. Who's stepping up to "gel" this team?

I highly doubt we'll go 2-14, but with Jason Campbell's "deer in headlights" approach to the game...managing another few wins will be tough. Will our defense be enough? I dunno. Our defensive philosophy is to keep us in games and not to win them...

We can still win 7 or 8 games this year if the D continues to hold its own and the O-line gels a bit more.

And what would this prove? That the team is still mediocre, at best, and the front office would think the team is only a couple of parts away from winning it all. And next year would be a repeat of this one.

Vinny and Danny already stepped on their shoe laces with the way the handled Zorn.

Do we rebuild(OL specifically) next year or dismanlte?

If we finish strong i don't think we'll need to dismantle as much as re-tool or re-build.

Hopefully the HC won't need to dismantle before we can have success.

And what would this prove? That the team is still mediocre, at best, and the front office would think the team is only a couple of parts away from winning it all. And next year would be a repeat of this one.

If we could get to 8-8 this year, wouldn't this at least show a little bit of progress from the poor start?

Although its been a crap start to the year I don't think its quite as bad as a lot of ppl are making out. Weve got a good D, a pro bowl TE, Moss, a Qb that I believe can do things given a chance by the O-line (look at last years start of 6-2), even D Thomas and F Davis had good games against the Eagles.

What does it say about a team that loses to winless teams? What does it say about a NFL team that in its two victories barely beat bad teams? IT SAYS THAT THE REDSKINS ARE A VERY BAD TEAM!!!!! The problem is on the offensive side of the ball, the passing game in particular. It appears that after starting 6-2 last season, this Redskin team hasn't really recovered from its 2-6 finish from last season. At the rate their going, the Redskins will be a miserable 5-11 or 6-10 at best.

If we could get to 8-8 this year, wouldn't this at least show a little bit of progress from the poor start?

Although its been a crap start to the year I don't think its quite as bad as a lot of ppl are making out. Weve got a good D, a pro bowl TE, Moss, a Qb that I believe can do things given a chance by the O-line (look at last years start of 6-2), even D Thomas and F Davis had good games against the Eagles.

It would show progress from the start. But is this team built to be able to grow into a contender? If not, what are they progressing to? Another offseason of Vinny and Danny signing free agents, hoping to fill holes and keep asses in the seats at Fedex? We've all seen this movie. And it hasn't had a happy ending yet. Personally, I think its time to try a new script...and if a 4-12 season makes that happen, so be it.

Note to all those still hoping for a playoff run - Teams that implode this publicly don't go on 9 game winning streaks. I think it would be a monumental achievement to come out of the season with 5 wins. That's pretty much the my guess at a high bar, but regardless, anyone harboring playoff hopes just needs to replay the last few games and look at our Oline.

I still remember bunches of posters at the beginning of the season bashing those of us who hated what we saw of the Oline in preseason. Worse, they didn't want speculation on the idea that the meager line that did exist couldn't possibly stay healthy. No we know that even Vinny expected the starters to go down...and THIS is the backup plan he had in mind...amazing...

If we beat Atlanta in the Georgia Dome this board will change its tune real quick. One thing I've learned about the Redskins of the past 15 years is a few wins changes the atmosphere of our fan base. I'm telling you, if we beat Atlanta and manage to beat Denver at home folks will be screaming (paloffs!!) ;)

But that's a big IF

That's not going to happen though. We just arnt a good team right now and that wont change in a week. Our offense will have to catch lightening in a bottle to stay with the teams left on our schedule. But would'nt it feel so good if we came out from the bye scoring 28 points a game!

The problem is we are a team of silly mistakes. We don't practice right, we aren't coached right, and we don't execute right. There's no leader on this team. Who's stepping up to "gel" this team?

I highly doubt we'll go 2-14, but with Jason Campbell's "deer in headlights" approach to the game...managing another few wins will be tough. Will our defense be enough? I dunno. Our defensive philosophy is to keep us in games and not to win them...

You are so right. I just don't see how everyone can't see this! It seems like even our coaching staff doesn't see this or else they would switch up the way they coach. I wish they would stop blaming it on game execution as if game execution occurs magically. Game execution is perfected by the way you practice! You practice the way you are coached!

its amazing that this team could be the worst redskins team in the past 45 years. i know this team had two rough years after gibbs left but it seems that those teams were in rebuild mode after being a saavy vet superbowl winner.

the redskins are gearing up to ruin thanksgiving and christmas.

They've already ruined Halloween for me!

It would be what dreams are made of if we could pull off a 8-9 game winning streak and look totally different on offense after the bye. But for that to happen we would have to change EVERYTHING on offense. From the o-line protections, to the type of plays we run, to switching personnel. That's just to much to alter in so little time.

As long as we have Jason Campbell starting as QB we have a very small chance of winning an of our remaining game.

What's next? See Jason make a further fool of himself. This is his final contract year. Rather than letting it rip, and showing what he is capable of ... he has done little to cement his place as the Skin's franchise play caller. What's worse is with all the errors he showcased during the Eagles games no other NFL team will be willing to invest in him as their starter.

Archived