Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Winning after the bye?

darrelgreenie

You still don't get it, do you? :doh:

Back atcha.

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote huge blocks of text or pictures.

If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post, simply quote the sentence or idea that you're commenting upon, not necessarily the entire post. It wastes space on the database and unnecessarily extends and clutters threads.

If we beat Atlanta in the Georgia Dome this board will change its tune real quick. One thing I've learned about the Redskins of the past 15 years is a few wins changes the atmosphere of our fan base. I'm telling you, if we beat Atlanta and manage to beat Denver at home folks will be screaming (paloffs!!) ;)

But that's a big IF

That's not going to happen though. We just arnt a good team right now and that wont change in a week. Our offense will have to catch lightening in a bottle to stay with the teams left on our schedule. But would'nt it feel so good if we came out from the bye scoring 28 points a game!

i'll see you on the other side when we are 2-7

The hopes for a successful playoff bound season have been dashed.

Our age and lack of depth along the OL have been exposed by season ending injuries to our best linemen Samuels and Thomas.

Our current/former HC has been undermined by front office and appears to be a coach waiting to get fired.

Our 'redshirt' receivers are still trying to make an impact.

We have a new playcaller in Sherman Lewis, knowledgeable for sure, but is new to the personnel and has been away from coaching for 5 years and playcalling for 9 years.

Everyone including many fans have seemingly given up on the team and appear ready to tear it all down.

But the season isn't over.

We are not going to go 2-14.

I think the worst is over.

It conceivable that the OL is going to improve as they play together and gel.

I'm not saying we're going to make the playoffs, but what if we win a few games and get this thing moving in the right direction after the bye?

Do we still tear it all down?

What's next?

The defense is solid. THere's one or two players who might be traded or lost to help improve the O, one or two players who might retire. With the exception of one LB spot we're fine on the D.

I'm pointing this out because if the defense and special teams, playing fine except for returns, aren't ready to be torn down then there actually isn't all that much to tear down.

On the offensive line out LT and RG should retire themselves. Meaning we won't have to get rid of them. Three of our five recievers are simply to young to give up on. At RB Cartwright will stay on this team a long time because of his special teams play. And it's very unlikely we can get two quality RBs so either Portis will be around. True we might have two or three new QBs but there simply aren't that many positions we can tear down right now.

All in all, I'd say our offense next year will have at least 6 OL from this year, 3 WR, 2 TE, 2 RB and 1 QB

The problem is we are a team of silly mistakes. We don't practice right, we aren't coached right, and we don't execute right. There's no leader on this team. Who's stepping up to "gel" this team?

I highly doubt we'll go 2-14, but with Jason Campbell's "deer in headlights" approach to the game...managing another few wins will be tough. Will our defense be enough? I dunno. Our defensive philosophy is to keep us in games and not to win them...

You are so right. I just don't see how everyone can't see this! It seems like even our coaching staff doesn't see this or else they would switch up the way they coach. I wish they would stop blaming it on game execution as if game execution occurs magically. Game execution is perfected by the way you practice! You practice the way you are coached!

I'm not sure if Zorn was ever going to be loud in your face kind of coach.

But, he seemed to have an eye for detail, at least when it comes to the QB position.

I wonder if Zorn was ever able to instill his attention to detail to the team as a whole.

Especially after the whole Portis fiasco last year, i thought Zorn's authority was undermined after that day and it seemed eveident when reports leaked that Portis and Zorn were having issues during the training camp.

I think the question now more then ever is:

Can you lead without authority?

And this team, rather this offense, needs to be lead.

Focus and discipline are lacking and hopefully someone Sherman Lewis, Sherman Smith needs to fill the void and demand accountablility.

The defense is solid. THere's one or two players who might be traded or lost to help improve the O, one or two players who might retire. With the exception of one LB spot we're fine on the D.

Agreed there isn't much to tear down on the defense.

I can't see this team trading anyone on defense.

I like the LBs corps especially with Chris Wilson coming on as a SAM backer.

I would really like to see either Tryon or Barnes become a starter i just want a consistent and smart corner.

I love Rogers physicality but his mistakes drive me nuts.

Hopefully he can cut down on the miscues and finish strong, but i think he is on the margin right now if he wants big money.

On the offensive line out LT and RG should retire themselves. Meaning we won't have to get rid of them. Three of our five recievers are simply to young to give up on. At RB Cartwright will stay on this team a long time because of his special teams play. And it's very unlikely we can get two quality RBs so either Portis will be around. True we might have two or three new QBs but there simply aren't that many positions we can tear down right now.

All in all, I'd say our offense next year will have at least 6 OL from this year, 3 WR, 2 TE, 2 RB and 1 QB

Imo the OL is like this:

Samuels and Thomas are done.

Heyer is serviceable just a notch above back-up at either OT spot.

Rabach is serviceable but if there is one position on the OL where a dominat player would make a world of difference other then LT its Center.

Why isn't Rhinehart playing? I still don't get it.:doh:

Monty is a journeyman OG and Center and the coaches seem to love him as Center prospect.

The coaching staff also seems to love Edwin Williams (go terps!) as swing OG/C but they heaped praise upon Rhinehart in the past too and he don't even dress.

Mike Williams serviceable with upside.

Levi Jones is a question mark at this point.

Dockery is the closet thing we've got to a dominant player on the OL.

Heyer, Dockery, Rabach?, Monty/Rhinehart, Mike Williams, Edwin Williams, Levi Jones?

Needs LT,C, RT/RG

RB Portis isn't going anywhere, he's one of the few RBs in the league with a gauranteed contract.

Betts is a watered down Portis but older and with slighty better hands.

Personally i don't think he's better then Rock.

Betts is expendable.

Receivers got keep em all don't we?

The young guys have got to show.

TEs keep em

QBs keep Jason and Colt

I disagree, we could easily go 2-14. Maybe we beat the raiders. Nobody else I think we even have a chance against.

I completely agree with that and I think that we will probably lose to the Raiders. While the Raiders are bad, they aren't nearly as bad as the Chiefs and I think that Oakland actually beat them. We are in for a long season.

Archived