Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Winning after the bye?

darrelgreenie

There's no much point in "tearing it all down" regardless of the way it goes for the rest of the season because -- the draft, and the other sources of new players, offers limited opportunities to improve and because we have a lot of good talent on the team.

The O-line situation makes everything else look worse than it really is.

I don't agree with any of this. We lost to the Eagles because of mistakes. Protect the ball and we win. Sherm gets a couple more weeks to work on his play calling. I don't know if we can beat Atlanta but I do think we have a chance against Denver. If we get a lot of pressure on Orton, create turnovers, then we could win this with FG's. Denver is not as good as people think.

To answer your question, "no". We are not going to win after the bye. This season is going to be a complete disaster. Hopefully we will start rebuilding the right way and can look forward to a bright future after that.

Actually, that wasn't my question.

My question was do we still tear it all down if we win a few games after the bye week?

You mean if we finish 7-9 or 8-8 or something?

Do we tear it down?

Well, I would. Absolutely.

Snyder wouldn't. He'll still think we're a player or two away. Just like we've been for the past ten years.

Hell, he might anyway.

Would you still tear it down if the offense is clicking?

Wouldn't it make more sense to fix then OL then to start over from scratch?

Granted the coaching situation is gonna be hard to fix without a new head coach, and that new coach will most likely bring wholesale change.

That's why i wish the FO would just fire Zorn and name Gray the interim, that way if the team does improve there can be some type of continuity going into next year.

You know what the worst part of the bye week is? Right around Wednesday night a few people start forgetting just how bad we are and in what direction we're heading. Usually I only have to put up with these optimistic threads for a few days before Sunday rolls around and sends us all back to reality. I'm not sure if I can take a week and a half of this.

To answer your question, "no". We are not going to win after the bye. This season is going to be a complete disaster. Hopefully we will start rebuilding the right way and can look forward to a bright future after that.

if your join date is october 2009 how the heck do you have a clue what goes on in here during bye weeks?

the worst thing in the world for the Skins right now would be to win another game this season. That would let Danny think he has been right all along and it's idiots like Zorn and his playcalling that have held this team back. I want 2-14, so Dan has no choice but to look at the mess and admit that he screwed up, any win, especially one late in the season, will only provide Danny with a false sense of hope that he is only a few steps away from gettting this thing right.

I actually started to worry that Bingo Caller might get the O going, justifying the move and Dan's heavy handed management of this team. Then I saw who was starting on the oline & those worries went away quickly.

But, if the offense starts to play better and the team wins a few games wouldn't the team be a few steps away from getting it right?

Often, the way a team finishes the season is a good indication of how they'll play the following season.

Beside the planning for the OL age and more importantly lack of quality depth, what if the playcalling was holding the offense back?

What if Zorn just wasn't getting it done as a HC or playcaller?

But, I hear where you coming from.

Vinny and Danny have botched the OL and the HC.

But, why set the team back further by starting over, IF the Skins are playing better at the end of the season?

There is always the possibility of going 9 consective wins, or losses. Regardless of how the outcome this season has unfolded so far, I am going to continue to support this Team. I am hopeful of a 10-6 or 9-7 record, but think the Redskins will 8-8 0r 7-9 record.

Amen, brotha(airborne!) i will always support the Skins.

Regardless of record i'd settle for just playing hard and looking like a competent NFL team.

Run the ball, protect the QB, fewer penalities, fewer TOs.

There's no much point in "tearing it all down" regardless of the way it goes for the rest of the season because -- the draft, and the other sources of new players, offers limited opportunities to improve and because we have a lot of good talent on the team.

The O-line situation makes everything else look worse than it really is.

I agree, although i'm not sure what you mean by limited opportunities to improve.

I think the OL can be upgraded via draft or draft and FA if one or more of the OL already on the team pans out.(Williams, Jones, Rhinehart:doh:)

It would help if one of the redskirt receivers stepped up also, i kinda get the feeling that Zorn/Lewis are gonna give Devin11 plenty of targets.

if your join date is october 2009 how the heck do you have a clue what goes on in here during bye weeks?

Sorry, my post was ambiguous. I meant that every Wednesday, people start becoming optimistic again and think that we can turn this thing around. usually I only have to put up with it for a few days.

The worst part of the bye week is that we'll have to read a bunch of posts that are full of hope for a full week and half before the Falcons make us all remember just how bad we truly are.

Win after the bye? Dude, where've you been? For the last ten years, the off season is our playoffs and superbowl. That's just the way it is, and as long as Snyder continues to build his team, don't even think about a winning season. Just keep dreaming in February and March. Hey, at least you got something to look forward to!!!!

You mean if we finish 7-9 or 8-8 or something?

Do we tear it down?

Well, I would. Absolutely.

Snyder wouldn't. He'll still think we're a player or two away. Just like we've been for the past ten years.

Hell, he might anyway.

this right here is exactly why id be terrified if we started winning. its going to take actual massive failure for dan to do anything. if we end up playing better and go 7-9 to finish it out, snyder will think were on the right track and "stay the course", which is a horrible idea.

so while i wont root for us to lose, i honestly think its the best thing that could ever happen to this team.

its like at the end of the movie "Wallstreet", martin sheen is trying to console his son, and charlie sheen says "dad im going to jail", and his dad replies "yeah well its probably the best thing for you". im kind of at that point with this team, where i obviously hate that theyre failing, but i honestly think its good for the future of the organization.

I don't know if we go to the playoffs, but we beat Philly, we are close in NO we win once against the Pukes and... we beat the Giants!

Seriously?:thud:

What, in the on-field performance this season, have you seen that gives you any hope that any of what you posted above could possibly happen?

I tend to be a "glass half full" kinda person myself, but as they say on the ESPN MNF pre-game segment, "C'mon man!"

I did't know we were in a debate. If we are, I forfeit as I have no arguement that could possibly stand up to your brillaint ":hysterical:" counterpoint.

My counterpoint is that you are NOT debating... you are simply disagreeing! How about an argument that can stand up?

"Your Honor... I didn't do it!" Lol! NO!(?)

I don't think we go 2-14. There is a possibility that we even win a couple of division games. Dallas at home, always possible and maybe even Phily if they play down to us like they did on Monday Night.

5-11 is my guesstimate.

I think significant portions will need to be torn down. The large contracts of overpaid and underproducing players prohibit truly constructive moves so a lot of this tearing down will be out right releases.

Take the rest of the year to evaluate the team, play the younger players and see what you have, use the rest of the season as a 9 week preseason for next year. Problem is, we need a football minded GM to evaluate the personnel and make this happen, at this time, we don't have it. We have an idiot who thinks this roster is playoff quality.

I don't think we go 2-14. There is a possibility that we even win a couple of division games. Dallas at home, always possible and maybe even Phily if they play down to us like they did on Monday Night.

5-11 is my guesstimate.

I think significant portions will need to be torn down. The large contracts of overpaid and underproducing players prohibit truly constructive moves so a lot of this tearing down will be out right releases.

Take the rest of the year to evaluate the team, play the younger players and see what you have, use the rest of the season as a 9 week preseason for next year. Problem is, we need a football minded GM to evaluate the personnel and make this happen, at this time, we don't have it. We have an idiot who thinks this roster is playoff quality.

No one thinks we go 2 and 14, except for 2 and 14! We have a very good defense and fairly good special teams. At this point I say 8-8.

Or defense is going to keep us in every game, and we had plenty of chances of taking that game from the eagles on monday night in the fourth quarter. If we can fix the QB to center exchange (why this has become a problem again, I don't know), our playcalling could help us keep games even closer and maybe win a few. That's best case scenario. Realisticly, we'll be the best top 5 pick team in the draft.

Archived