Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's more of a bust? Campbell or Jamarcus Russell

Captain James

I mean, you’re all entitled to your opinions, but at this point, a thread like this is downright shameless. Jason’s last name might not be Manning and he may not be a Tom Terrific, but by God, the kid’s got heart and deserves some respect! And honestly, to even suggest that he’s in the same category as JeMarcus Russel is a travesty!

Seriously, have any of you no shame? Considering the amount of turmoil that this organization has put him through and the level of class and character he’s conducted himself with, are all of you really that indignant? I know management sucks, but damn, have some pride…

You guys should really be ashamed of yourselves. I’m not saying you should go out and buy a number 17 jersey or anything, but come on, how many 250 plus pound linebackers have to hit this guy before you at least have the decency to stop creating ridiculous threads like this?

Even if you hate the guy, he deserves at least that much. Just consider this: You think it's hard being a fan of the Skins under Snyder's regime? Try being the leader of them!

look at his last 3 games last year. 6 TDs, 2 INTs, a combined rating of over 90 with a mid 60s comp percentage. for a young guy finishing out a season, he ended on a strong note.

and hes since failed miserably.

We'll have to agree to disagree in this case.

I'm not about to go find clips on the internet but I can tell you that Raiders fans still wanted the guy benched during the last 3 games last year. He was just as likely to throw the ball errantly into the stands as he was to hit a receiver in the hands.

wow, look at that. a teams homer fans defending a guy that everyone outside of oakland thinks isnt very good. ive never seen that before!

Please, I've had plenty of Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles fans tell me at work this season that the Redskins would be downright stupid to get rid of Campbell after this season.

Shockingly, you don't speak for everyone. :)

Please, I've had plenty of Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles fans tell me at work this season that the Redskins would be downright stupid to get rid of Campbell after this season.

Shockingly, you don't speak for everyone. :)

and i know plenty divisional fans that would love us to keep campbell, just so they can continue beating us.

oh well, the point is jamarcus russell is currently the worst NFL player in the league.

wow, look at that. a teams homer fans defending a guy that everyone outside of oakland thinks isnt very good. ive never seen that before!

Ithink this is a prime example of the word fail". I read through that expecting some semblance of a JC lover/hater debate and cant see it. I see guys debating whether its just JR that sucks, or the team as a whole.

Ithink this is a prime example of the word fail". I read through that expecting some semblance of a JC lover/hater debate and cant see it. I see guys debating whether its just JR that sucks, or the team as a whole.

you cant read then. there were talks about comp percentage, lack of a run game, the oline being bad, tom cable being awful, etc.

the exact same garbage i read here in every campbell thread. hell, you could change the colors of that board, insert "campbell" instead of "russell" and you might think it was a thread here.

Jason has shown that he can avoid the rush and hang in there, albiet inconsistently. Russell really just looked like a statue yesterday. He showed a little flash when he first came in, but for the most part, he looked helpless if the rushers were simply close to him.

And sheesh, they were booing him big time, much worse than what Campbell has drawn.

you cant read then. there were talks about comp percentage, lack of a run game, the oline being bad, tom cable being awful, etc.

the exact same garbage i read here in every campbell thread. hell, you could change the colors of that board, insert "campbell" instead of "russell" and you might think it was a thread here.

Exactly. I read the same thing you did. Pretty much everyone was saying JR sucks. I could not find many, if any, that were saying he was good. They were breaking down his suckiness vs. the teams overall suckiness. There may have been oneguy in tha entire thread who was delusional.

Either way, its a fal as it has no comparison on a QB conversation here...

Is this topic a joke?

How can anyone say JC is a bust? The guy has gradually improved year after year...sure he has his bad games but he wasn't expected to be a great QB.

You're talking about a guy chosen 25th in the draft with a 90 QB rating this year vs. a guy chosen 1st in his years draft who has a 47.7 RATING in his THIRD YEAR!!!!

I remember when I first saw this & just shook my head. I always thought JC was a middle of the pack QB, but Jemarcus...wow! I mean, what do they do down there in SEC Country? Other than the Mannings, (& the book is still out on Eli) how have they done in the NFL?

you can't hardly say Campbell is a bust.

Russell is a bust.

Leaf was a bust.

Shuler was a bust.

Harrington was a bust.

Campbell didn't turn out to be a top 5 QB and for being a QB that was selected in mid to late first round.. he has been servicable QB considering the situation here in Washington.

You can ask any of those teams with a "bust" at QB.. they wouldn't think twice about trading those idiots for Campbell...

BLC:

The above post implies that you think that, in evaluating a quarterback, people should NOT consider statistics (i.e., facts), the quality of the coaching staff, the playcalling, and the talent surrounding quarterbacks. That is pretty unreasonable. If we throw all of those factors out the window, what are we left with? Our feelings and emotions?

Comparing Russell's "defenders" to Campbell's "defenders" is pretty lame as it implies that you think that Campbell is as bad as Russell. You don't really believe that the two quarterbacks are similar, do you?

+1. While JC is a bust he was not the #1 overall pick, therefore JR is more of a bust. Thats still not saying much about JC

While Jason Campbell "soup" maynot have been the #1 pick, the Skins could have just as easily made him one!

Let's not forget that the Skins gave up 3 draft picks - a 1st, 3rd, and 4th rounder for Jason.

Also, Jason had the opportunity of sitting out for nearly 2 years behind Marc "BOO"nell to digest the offense/defense played in the NFL.

Let's also factor in the quality of talent. The Skins have better talent than the Raiders.

Their O-Line is worse than ours ... and, that is something worth throwing into the mix.

Archived