Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's more of a bust? Campbell or Jamarcus Russell

Captain James

as much as i think russell is a pure abomination, im really surprised that so many campbell fans arent cutting him the same slack theyve cut jason in the past.

doesnt he have a crappy oline?

receivers that drop passes all day long?

in a crappy offensive scheme thats dated and tired?

no running game to lean on?

only his 2nd year as a starter?

why doesnt he get any of these excuses? also considering russell played decently in 2008.

Decently in 2008?

53% completion percentage and 2400 yards in 15 games is performing decently to you?

Come on BLC - let's get serious.

as much as i think russell is a pure abomination, im really surprised that so many campbell fans arent cutting him the same slack theyve cut jason in the past.

why doesnt he get any of these excuses? also considering russell played decently in 2008.

Watching him in a couple games now, I have to say his accuracy is questionable at best. There are times he can't hit the broad side of a barn. It also doesn't help that he's immobile. In today's NFL that just doesn't cut it. It doesn't help that Gradkowski came in and put up better numbers in his 4 starts than Russell did in his 9 starts.

Also, to Jason's credit, despite all the upheaval here, he's improved every single season. Russell looks like he's regressing.

ryan leaf is probably the worst 1st round QB of all time.

russell is top 5 in terms of terrible though.

I dont know who this guy is, but I am having a REALLY hard time believing that anyone has ever been or ever will be worse than Jamarcus Russell. Like...I just dont get how he is in the NFL.

Real talk....2 TDs in week 14!? I could do that and im very serious lol.

Quite frankly, you should have no problem calling Campbell a "better than decent" QB from now on BLC - considering you called Russell's 2008 season performing "decently" when his best year isn't even as good as Campbell's worst year.

for a kid his age, in his first full year, it was decent. 13 TDs, 8 INTs, 5-11 record, 77 rating.

thats pretty par for the course for a rookie QB, especially on a team like oakland.

campbell posted a 2-5 record, 10 TDs, 6 INTs in his first year starting with an 76 QB rating. pretty similar (although he played less games).

you expect guys to get better, not stay the same or hover around mediocre.

Even when Campbell's surroundings have been at their worst, his numbers have been nowhere near as bad as Russell's. Russell's on a whole other level of terrible.

Even when Campbell's surroundings have been at their worst, his numbers have been nowhere near as bad as Russell's. Russell's on a whole other level of terrible.

dont get me wrong, im well aware of that. but russell posted numbers last year similar to what JC did in his first two seasons and then fell off a cliff this year.

frankly this is a waste of time because no one here cares about the raiders like we care about the skins, so none of you give a damn about russell playing well, and wont give him the benefit of the doubt.

just rest assured there is a jamarcus russell fan club in oakland that still sees potential and hopes he works out.

I don't even understand how JC is being considered a bust at this point. He has an passer rating of 89.0 (17 TDs and 12 INTs) which is 14th in the league, higher than jay cutler, joe flacco, carson palmer, and matt ryan, and he's done with all the injuries and the dysfunctional front office behind him. I can guarantee that Snyder would prefer any of those guys to Campbell, and yet Campbell still out performs them. How can that be considered a bust?

id bet any amount of money i have that if you were an oakland raiders fan, you of all people would still be holding out hope for jamarcus russell.

Yeah right.

Never needed further proof of your anti-Campbell bias than this thread. (Although I still enjoy your posts)

Campbell has never looked half as bad as Russell has looked - even last year the stats don't tell the story on how awful Russell looked.

Do you have Sunday Ticket and have you seen a decent amount of Raiders games the past few years - if you did you wouldn't even bother posting this BS.

I don't even understand how JC is being considered a bust at this point. He has an passer rating of 89.0 (17 TDs and 12 INTs) which is 14th in the league, higher than jay cutler, joe flacco, carson palmer, and matt ryan, and he's done with all the injuries and the dysfunctional front office behind him. I can guarantee that Snyder would prefer any of those guys to Campbell, and yet Campbell still out performs them. How can that be considered a bust?

Unless you are new here, the JC hater fanclub has talked ALOT of smack and for the most part (IMO) been proven wrong on a lot of counts. To concede the points would lead to tons of fail. So, they throw up strawmen to attack instead of the real points. JC is by far, not a "bust". He never was. Franchise guy? Remains to be seen... but I think he has proven himself time and time again. His stats get better and better every year. IMO, he falls in the same category as many other talented QB's... he will do as well as the protection afforded to him. He has not reached his ceiling yet...

for a kid his age, in his first full year, it was decent. 13 TDs, 8 INTs, 5-11 record, 77 rating.

thats pretty par for the course for a rookie QB, especially on a team like oakland.

campbell posted a 2-5 record, 10 TDs, 6 INTs in his first year starting with an 76 QB rating. pretty similar (although he played less games).

you expect guys to get better, not stay the same or hover around mediocre.

So in 6 more games Russell had 3 more TD's and 2 more picks than Campbell - and you call that performing "decently".

Come on man . . . you're not making any sense here.

Yeah right.

Never needed further proof of your anti-Campbell bias than this thread. (Although I still enjoy your posts)

Campbell has never looked half as bad as Russell has looked - even last year the stats don't tell the story on how awful Russell looked.

Do you have Sunday Ticket and have you seen a decent amount of Raiders games the past few years - if you did you wouldn't even bother posting this BS.

ive seen russell play enough. hes way worse this year than he was last year.

im merely pointing out the slack that our fan base cuts its own players that it doesnt cut to guys on other teams. if russell was our QB, as a 2nd year starter having been benched, people would still be holding out hope for him.

again, i guarantee theres oakland fans who still think he can play well, and have the same campbell-like arguments that we have here.

So in 6 more games Russell had 3 more TD's and 2 more picks than Campbell - and you call that performing "decently".

Come on man . . . you're not making any sense here.

are you not following me? for a first year starter, that is "decent". what russell did last year was ok. what campbell did in 06 was ok.

campbell and russell both had decent first years starting. thats the only point im making, and youre somehow not grasping that.

are you not following me? for a first year starter, that is "decent". what russell did last year was ok. what campbell did in 06 was ok.

campbell and russell both had decent first years starting. thats the only point im making, and youre somehow not grasping that.

I saw plenty of Raiders games last year and I can tell you that what Russell did last year was not "ok".

I guarantee that if you asked a group of Raiders fans they would tell you the same thing - the guy has looked flat out awful for pretty much his entire career to this point.

Much like the W/L record of Campbell this season - the stats are misleading in this particular case.

I saw plenty of Raiders games last year and I can tell you that what Russell did last year was not "ok".

I guarantee that if you asked a group of Raiders fans they would tell you the same thing - the guy has looked flat out awful for pretty much his entire career to this point.

Much like the W/L record of Campbell this season - the stats are misleading in this particular case.

look at his last 3 games last year. 6 TDs, 2 INTs, a combined rating of over 90 with a mid 60s comp percentage. for a young guy finishing out a season, he ended on a strong note.

and hes since failed miserably.

Archived