Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's more of a bust? Campbell or Jamarcus Russell

Captain James

It seems that no matter where I turn, I hear or read something negative towards the Skins. Even if it has nothing to do with the NFL. As an avid LSU fan, I came across this thread tonight:

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=15989461

It is a discussion about who is more of a bust: Jason Campbell or Jamarcus Russell. Both were stars in the SEC.

Your thoughts?

JaMarcus is much, much, much worse than JC. He also sat out most of his first year "learning". He seems to not give a crap at all about his play or the Raiders in general. JC is not the answer for our team but I'd never put him into JaMarcus Russell territory.

JaMarcus is a bigger bust. Campbell has been a bust for what we had to give up for him, but at least he tries. He practices, and studies, and at least tries, even if he doesn't have enough natural ability to be a full-time NFL starter.

Russel, on the other hand, was a #1 overall pick, and has played absolutely wretched for almost his entire career. He doesn't practice, isn't in shape, and doesn't seem to give a damn. He's a true bum, and is happy just sitting on his fat paycheck.

No competition. Russel is one of the biggest busts in NFL history. Campbell is just not a good QB, and will be a journeyman backup during his tenure.

JaMarcus is a bigger bust. Campbell has been a bust for what we had to give up for him, but at least he tries. He practices, and studies, and at least tries, even if he doesn't have enough natural ability to be a full-time NFL starter.

Russel, on the other hand, was a #1 overall pick, and has played absolutely wretched for almost his entire career. He doesn't practice, isn't in shape, and doesn't seem to give a damn. He's a true bum, and is happy just sitting on his fat paycheck.

No competition. Russel is one of the biggest busts in NFL history. Campbell is just not a good QB, and will be a journeyman backup during his tenure.

This is correct. I seriously can not stand Russell cause of those antics he pulled with his contract, acting like he deserved that money when he hasn't done anything. And now all he does is make excuses, he is a lazy slob. He is the only player in the NFL i can't stand.

It seems that no matter where I turn, I hear or read something negative towards the Skins. Even if it has nothing to do with the NFL. As an avid LSU fan, I came across this thread tonight:

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=15989461

It is a discussion about who is more of a bust: Jason Campbell or Jamarcus Russell. Both were stars in the SEC.

Your thoughts?

IMO, Russell. Russell was so hyped coming out of college. The only people that hyped Campbell pre-draft were the Redskins. He was coming out of college in running dominated offense. I am not saying that Campbell wasn't considered any good, but before the draft everyone was saying that the Raiders had to take him. He had a great arm and all he had to was work on his footwork. Well, clearly Russell has had to work alot more on than just footwork. He doesn't have the record that Campbell does in W-L and that is the bottom line.

Agreed that it's not even a debate.

Anyone who watches the NFL knows that Russel is horrendous, and routinely mails it in. He has even struggled just to keep his weight under control; for a pro athlete that is unforgivable in any context.

Campbell is terrible, but Russel is easily in the top 3, if not #1 BUST in the last decade of NFL drafts.

I would say Jemarcus due to being the #1 pick, but I wouldn't mind seeing him on the skins roster. I think that he has alot of upside.
Upside? All he has is a strong arm. He has zero work ethic and he's full of excuses.

Campbell could at least be a backup QB in the NFL somewhere. Russell won't even be in the league at all within a couple years.

Archived