Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's more of a bust? Campbell or Jamarcus Russell

Captain James

I don't know man. Russell did beat the Eagles.

But seriously, Russell. For his draft position if for nothing else.

Are the Raiders really that much worse with him starting than the Redskins are with JC?

Remember, in the past 4 years we went to the playoffs 2 times when JC wasn't the QB. Every time we missed the playoffs was with JC at QB since 2005.

Campbell hasn't done one thing to prove that he can be a successful NFL starting quarterback, but comparing him to JaMarcus is an insult to both JC and your own intelligence.

Really, it's not even close.

Not sure if you noticed the link in my OP... I am NOT the originator of this question. Just simply passing it along...

Russell: #1 pick, holdout, always reports to camp fat/out of shape.

Campbell: Late first round pick, sat the bench for 2 1/2 years, always reports of him studying game film/coming in to the facilities during the offseason.

Campbell has the work ethic Russell lacks, which could lead to a career as a solid NFL backup, something Russell could never do.

JC clearly showed that he has nervous SLOW feet in and out of the pocket. He started a scramble WAY too late and then I guess did'nt think any eagle was going to chase him that fast and had the ball knocked out for a fumble. INEXCUSABLE!!! He is the direct reason for this loss. I don't want to hear any bull about team loss or whatever. He stinks. Has lost his confidence and needs 10 full seconds to find a target every time he drops back. Is afraid to take a chance on any of his receivers when its man coverage, waits for WIDE openess ( Thomas's TD ),Campbell has had MUCH more game time. No excuse. Nice guy yes. Top flight QB no. The search goes on. Now I have to puke.

This shouldn't even be a question. Campbell is a quarterback who has his share of flaws but is at least serviceable, Russell might be the worst starting qb in nfl history. Campbell, from time to time, helps us win games; when the raiders win it is in spite of Russell trying his hardest to screw things up.

This isn't even a real discussion. Not only is Russell a significantly worse QB, he apparently has a terrible work ethic and is near uncoachable.

JC was drafted 25th overall and has a QB rating of 85.8, completes 66% of his passes for a 7.19 ypa average & has 8 TDs to 7 picks.

Russell was drafted 1st overall and has a QB rating of 47.2, completes 46.3% of his passes for a tpa of 5.57 and has 2 TDs to 8 picks.

It's not even vaguely close. Russell is a MUCH worse player who was taken MUCH higher and makes a lot more money. JC may not be a starter in the NFL, but at worst he's a serviceable backup. Russell is simply a terrible player.

Archived