Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FINAL ROLLCALL - Does ANYBODY here still support Campbell? (Poll included)

street_lyte

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Campbell is finished as a QB in this league, and even with a good o-line would fail. He doesn't have the head to play QB, his decision making is slow and he is constantly second guessing himself. He doesn't have good enough accuracy to overcome his inabilitiy to read a defense. He stinks guys, he might be tall and athletic, and look the part, but at the end of the day hes a 6'5 Chris Leak. He had success on a loaded team in college, but he is in no way shape or form an NFL qb.

Hold up.Chris Leak was not given the chances Campbell was and he won national title.Remember Leak was considered to short yet a bum like Brady Quinn and Russell were not.Look at them.They suck.Leak is doing fine playing in Canada were he starts.I know Chris personally and he is not a Vick type QB at all.He is a drop back passer.Urban Meyer and Florida wanted him to run.Not his game or style.Leak set passing records in high school and college.(Chris holds all the passing records at Florida and is second all time in SEC passing yards and touchdown passes and has more wins than any quarterback in Florida history with 35.He did this ina offense not designed for his style of play)Its funny his height was questioned but Garcia's height never is. Campbell a 6'5 Leak? He wishes.Mentally he wishes he was.The Bears cut Leak and now have a big QB in Cutler.He sucks as well.Glad Leak is getting his shot even if it is in the CFL

No way I can support JC anymore. He does the same things he's been doing since his first start. Still locks on, still doesnt read defenses well, still indecisive, still easily flustered, still doesnt see the field resulting in poor decisions overall. The game hasnt slowed down for him yet and it never will unfortunately.

I think if he has a good OL in front of that he has confidence in that Campbell could play well and reduce the mistakes.

Last night he started getting used to the pressure and getting more comfortable with the OL (which has new guys at both ends and at RG), and settled down to the point he was able to get some nice passes out quickly under pressure.

Devin Thomas stepping up helped, and hopefully that continues.

Like it or not, next year is more than likely uncapped, making JC a RFA, meaning unless he is tndered an offer and we don't match, or we trade him outright, then he's here again next year. With a solid OL the run game and pass game come back and this team mirrors the team that started 6-2 in '08, IMO.

That being said, if we happen to be in position to draft a stud franchise QB, I would be in favor of the team going that route. If we are in a better position to rebuild the OL, I think that's the smarter move.

+1

But...If we draft a 'stud franchise QB' without fixing the OL they won't look like a franchise QB very long.

Fix the OL must be priority number 1, 1A, 1B, etc...

if any team needs the o-line fixed, its the green bay packers. if rogers had the skins o-line, i pretty sure the packers would be 5-1, maybe 6-0...i still dont buy the "the skins o-line stinks"

ive watched the skins o-line lastnite against the eagles and they have played better than the packers o-lines best game this season.

I'd just like to point out, once again, that The Preciating voted that JC is done in DC. Here is a guy, ladies & gentelmen, that just two weeks ago said how the Redskins were just a player or two away from being a serious contender. He also verbally attacked my father and I stating how we were NOT Redskins fans and how we should be ashamed for not supporting the front office. And, how he is this pompous non fairweather fan. And, now, all of a sudden he has changed his mind -- which he is entitled to do. However, be prepared to eat crow..

Well, in two weeks we have come so far. We've been to hell and back and it is SO apparent that The Preciating's point was SO far off base. We are nowhere NEAR a contender. We are a GM, HC, OL, QB, and WR or two from being a true contender.

I also want to point out how much of a flip-flopper this punk is. This guy makes Hillary Clinton look like a patron saint. I'd like to point out that I am disgusted with the state of the franchise. I do NOT support Dan Snyder or Vinnie Cerrato. I am downright embarrased of these bozos. They have made my team the laughing stock of the NFL. However, I still root for the Skins EVERY Sunday. I still wear my jersey with pride. I will never root for another team...EVER.

You guys are saying JC sucks but he has no one blocking for him. Maybe if he gets some time in the pocket he will make plays. I mean he did lead us to the play offs....

JC has no time to pass? are you kidding me? do you know which qb has not time to pass and still has a top 5 qb rating and has a winning record? try rogers of the packers, he has twice the amount of sacks that JC has and rogers has gotten those sacks in 6 games while JC got his sacks in 7 games.

rogers still performs at a high level with double the pressure that JC is getting and look at the stats, rogers blows JC away. not only is rogers stats way better than JC's stats, rogers has done it against better competition.

enough of the o-line stinks and JC is not getting enough time to pass. do you expect the skins o-line to give JC 5+ seconds every down? please, get real.

btw, when did JC ever lead the skins to the play off? what year was that?

I'd just like to point out, once again, that The Preciating voted that JC is done in DC. Here is a guy, ladies & gentelmen, that just two weeks ago said how the Redskins were just a player or two away from being a serious contender. He also verbally attacked my father and I stating how we were NOT Redskins fans and how we should be ashamed for not supporting the front office. And, how he is this pompous non fairweather fan. And, now, all of a sudden he has changed his mind -- which he is entitled to do. However, be prepared to eat crow..

Well, in two weeks we have come so far. We've been to hell and back and it is SO apparent that The Preciating's point was SO far off base. We are nowhere NEAR a contender. We are a GM, HC, OL, QB, and WR or two from being a true contender.

I also want to point out how much of a flip-flopper this punk is. This guy makes Hillary Clinton look like a patron saint. I'd like to point out that I am disgusted with the state of the franchise. I do NOT support Dan Snyder or Vinnie Cerrato. I am downright embarrased of these bozos. They have made my team the laughing stock of the NFL. However, I still root for the Skins EVERY Sunday. I still wear my jersey with pride. I will never root for another team...EVER.

if he can man up, eat some crow and just admit that campbell is a bad starting QB, we can move on. nothing wrong with admitting you were wrong and coming clean.

he didnt post in this thread yet voted that campbell was done. hmm.

I still support him, but I do not think he is a good QB right now.

One thing that was painfully, painfully obvious was when TC came in the other game. Despite being behind the same line, he seemed more composed, relexaed, and in control of the pocket.

JC simply can not drop back and fire the ball. All you see with him is happy feet and drifting int he pocket. He can not throw on rhythm to save his life.

So, he is our guy, I still support him but my faith that he will be the QB that we need him to be has diminished grealty.

I support him in that I do believe that he is the best option at QB right now, and that there's no way Todd Collins plays better than him behind our current offensive line. Does he stay as a Redskin after this season? Unless he makes a massive turnaround after the bye week and we make it to the playoffs, not a chance.

s.

Like it or not, next year is more than likely uncapped, making JC a RFA, meaning unless he is tndered an offer and we don't match, or we trade him outright, then he's here again next year. With a solid OL the run game and pass game come back and this team mirrors the team that started 6-2 in '08, IMO.

One problem the Skins that started out at 6-2 last year were having trouble scoring as well. That was with CP running his ass off and the O line intact and healthy.

Wait, what? RFA doesn't mean he's stuck here. It means he's a free agent and we have the right to match any offer he gets. We can still just let him walk whether he gets an offer or not.

One problem the Skins that started out at 6-2 last year were having trouble scoring as well. That was with CP running his ass off and the O line intact and healthy.

That OL, even when healthy, wasn't too good overall. We couldn;t run right often because of Jansen, who was also terrible in pass protection, and Randy Thomas was coming off injury as well. They were decent, so we played decent.

Wait, what? RFA doesn't mean he's stuck here. It means he's a free agent and we have the right to match any offer he gets. We can still just let him walk whether he gets an offer or not.

Yeah, I'm actually still not 100% on all the stipulations that would occur if we go without a cap, but I used the wrong term. Basically, though I could be wrong, but this is what I've come to understand when discussing it on ES, that Rogers and Campbell wouldn;t meed the terms of service required to become free agents under an uncapped season, so they'd remain here. Again though I could be mistaken, this is just what I've come to understand on here.

He is done with the Skins but I still support him as long as he is the starting QB. If I was running the team, I would try to keep him around or bring in vet WCO QB and have them get pounded around by a new OLINE until they gelled then bring in the QB of the Future. IMHO.

Archived