Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FINAL ROLLCALL - Does ANYBODY here still support Campbell? (Poll included)

street_lyte

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I do want to point out that I support JC as a person. He has character and leadership skills and he is just a good person.

I will point out his lack of talent, but I will not belittle him or call him names. I feel bad for the guy. If he could quickly read and understand NFL defenses he would be great. And yes, that is, unfortunately, a big issue.

Nope just pointing out the hypocrisy of bashing JC because he missed an open receiver.

McNabb missed an open receiver also does he suck now too?

EVERY QB misses receivers!

Seriously? You think it was ONE ("an") open receiver? He has been missing multiple open receivers every game for three years now. The guy is horrible as an NFL QB. You have to know this deep down inside and are just trying to deny it to yourself, or you seriously have no idea about football.

I think he could be a decent starting QB in the NFL, provided he sticks with one system for at least 3 years and maybe has the tinniest bit of confidence from the FO/ or coach.

I think Dan wants that once in a lifetime type QB, like Joe Montana, but that's just it, they dont come around very often so unless you have one, you will have to make due with what you have. Right now there are 2 elite QB's in the NFL, P Manning & Brady, the other top 5-10 are really good QB's, and then there is a big drop off.

Campbell could be top 10 Qb in this league if the team he plays for doesnt expect him to play like one of the greatest of all time, and then gives up on him when he doesnt put up Marino like numbers.

I like Campbell and think he can be a productive player in this league. Unfortunately I don't think its going to be for the Skins. This O-Line needs lots of work and the organization made him the scape goat. He definitely isn't a great QB but is more than serviceable. I just hope he gets a chance to prove it elsewhere.

i supported cambell, until last night......I blamed it on the OLine..last night though he had plenty of opportunities when He had a mass ammount of time in the pocket and his foot work was off, he was watching the protection, and he always dumped to the short reciever.......After I saw this I know he is done.......UNLESS gruden comes in and adjust the way he plays...there is alot of potential in Cambell and maybe under the right circumstances he could succeed, not now as a redskins though NO WAY!

Listening to JC's interviews are pure comedy too. He really does believe that he's playing well.

I blame Zorn for that. Let him know he sucks but instead he will coddle him right out of the league.

JC could backup Garrard or Delhomme, maybe replace Collins as Tennesse's backup. He's not a starter of any quality and likely couldn't even do what Dilfer did in Baltimore because Dilfer did actually make the occasional play down field.

From what the anylists are saying, Zorn is running the wrong system for JC. They all agree that he could be real good if he was used in the right system.

However that doesn't change the fact that he just does really stupid things for a 2 year QB that he shouldn't be doing.

Nope just pointing out the hypocrisy of bashing JC because he missed an open receiver.

McNabb missed an open receiver also does he suck now too?

EVERY QB misses receivers!

Let's try this instead:

Brady misses open receivers and so does Payton. Campbell is no Brady or Payton.

campbell is not the guy next year for us and, at least without great talent around him, cannot take a team deep into the playoffs.

that being said, i still think there is no way he is as bad as many here have claimed he is all along. the hyperbolic nature of jc discussions has been out of control.

so in conclusion, dont support him as a future Redskins QB but the guy is still not the worst football player on the planet even if some here have made it (or tried to make it) seem otherwise.

NOTE TO EVERYONE ANTAGONIZING JC:

The Redskins are playing him because he is the best QB on the roster. They aren't playing him because they think he's the future. Saying that we should bench JC is pointless. Ideally, I don't think the coaches necessarily WANT to play him at this point. I think it's only because he's the better of two bad options right now.

So can we please tone down the vitriol when we're criticizing him? Just take the situation for what it is. We don't have the personnel to replace him. Do you get personally offended when Montgomery misses a block? No. But we can't replace him, so he plays. It's not that the organization wants to play JC, it's that he honestly is the only option at QB right now.

And for the record, I'm on board with the "in the right system, JC could beast it in this league" crowd. This is not the right situation for him, and he hasn't played well this year. But I think it all starts with the personnel we've brought in here...namely (1) the lack of youth on the Oline, and (2) the overpaid veterans who are JUST BARELY good enough to be better than our youngsters, which prevents our youngsters from getting the requisite playing time to prove that they can be depended upon.

not at all. we could just focus on the oline going forward. not too hard to build a solid oline for a QB like cutler.

we still have to find a legit QB, which is the hardest thing to do in football.

i really respect a lot of your posts and opiinons, BLC - i mean that.

but i find this hard to believe. the redskins need a new QB, but i strongly disagree with you here.

a) im not sure Cutler is a franchise QB. he is a quality starting QB, but i think he is overrated by his age. i really dont see him progressing much further. again, decent starter, but not a pro bowler guy worth destroying the rest of hte team for

B) thats not only 2 firsts we would have given up for him. we are also talking about the opportunity to turn those 2 firsts into 4-5 (or more) picks to help fill out this roster.

as bad as things are now, im not sure how much better the team (or its record) would look with Jay Cutler behind center, and if we were watching him get his ass kicked on ever snap and had to know that we had no chance of revamping an OL through the draft, it would be depressing to a level im not sure any of us want to know.

i really respect a lot of your posts and opiinons, BLC - i mean that.

but i find this hard to believe. the redskins need a new QB, but i strongly disagree with you here.

a) im not sure Cutler is a franchise QB. he is a quality starting QB, but i think he is overrated by his age. i really dont see him progressing much further. again, decent starter, but not a pro bowler guy worth destroying the rest of hte team for

B) thats not only 2 firsts we would have given up for him. we are also talking about the opportunity to turn those 2 firsts into 4-5 (or more) picks to help fill out this roster.

as bad as things are now, im not sure how much better the team (or its record) would look with Jay Cutler behind center, and if we were watching him get his ass kicked on ever snap and had to know that we had no chance of revamping an OL through the draft, it would be depressing to a level im not sure any of us want to know.

the flip side is...how could things be any worse? this team stinks. it doesn't have the talent you and others imagine. if you can get an above average Qb do it and worry about building the tea,m around him the 2-3 years it's gonna take once draft picks are recouped later.

And for the record, I'm on board with the "in the right system, JC could beast it in this league" crowd. This is not the right situation for him, and he hasn't played well this year. But I think it all starts with the personnel we've brought in here...namely (1) the lack of youth on the Oline, and (2) the overpaid veterans who are JUST BARELY good enough to be better than our youngsters, which prevents our youngsters from getting the requisite playing time to prove that they can be depended upon.

Sooner rather then later he is going to run out of the system excuses.

He cannot handle the speed at which the NFL game is played and yes it really is that simple.

campbell is not the guy next year for us and, at least without great talent around him, cannot take a team deep into the playoffs.

that being said, i still think there is no way he is as bad as many here have claimed he is all along. the hyperbolic nature of jc discussions has been out of control.

so in conclusion, dont support him as a future Redskins QB but the guy is still not the worst football player on the planet even if some here have made it (or tried to make it) seem otherwise.

then address the issues.....

1) does he have happy feet?

2) are his passing mechanics suspect? leading to...among other things....too many fumbles

3) does he antiicpate receiver breaks or not?

4) is he capable in all phases of the passing game?

5) is he a leader or not?

6) does he miss open receivers with regularity or not?

7) does he see open receivers with regularity or not?

8) is he adept at turning broken plays into success with his arm or not?

9) is he a capable QB in the Red Zone or not?

Sooner rather then later he is going to run out of the system excuses.

He cannot handle the speed at which the NFL game is played and yes it really is that simple.

bingo. the post you quote is almost comical...as though the best defenses will slow down should JC play for a team with a better O-line/different system. the point all along is that he has inherent weaknesses that work against him IN ANY SYSTEM.

the flip side is...how could things be any worse? this team stinks. it doesn't have the talent you and others imagine. if you can get an above average Qb do it and worry about building the tea,m around him the 2-3 years it's gonna take once draft picks are recouped later.

but exactly how do you build the team around him for 2-3 years while you recoup draft picks? trade for picks (i.e. not building the team around him)?

sign a ton of free agents? let him get killed for 3 years? i dont really undesrtand your logic here.

then address the issues.....

1) does he have happy feet?

2) are his passing mechanics suspect? leading to...among other things....too many fumbles

3) does he antiicpate receiver breaks or not?

4) is he capable in all phases of the passing game?

5) is he a leader or not?

6) does he miss open receivers with regularity or not?

7) does he see open receivers with regularity or not?

8) is he adept at turning broken plays into success with his arm or not?

9) is he a capable QB in the Red Zone or not?

my point is not that these are not problems. my point is that he is not nearly as incapable in some of these areas as some point out.

come on man - im agreeing with you that this guy should not be our quarterback. you dont have to keep pushing and pushing and pushing here all the frickin time. WE GET IT: you dont want him to be our qb. i dont either. and he isnt going to be.

but it can get worse. campbell can still make some plays with his arm strength and with his legs.

but exactly how do you build the team around him for 2-3 years while you recoup draft picks? trade for picks (i.e. not building the team around him)?

sign a ton of free agents? let him get killed for 3 years? i dont really undesrtand your logic here.

you take advantage of the opporunity to sign a good QB when he is available. ink a 1-2 year deal with a retread vet QB if you want someone else to weather the immediate dangers of the rebuild front end. ever notice how fast the Ravens found their QB AND rebuilt a decimated O-line?

I think if he has a good OL in front of that he has confidence in that Campbell could play well and reduce the mistakes.

Last night he started getting used to the pressure and getting more comfortable with the OL (which has new guys at both ends and at RG), and settled down to the point he was able to get some nice passes out quickly under pressure.

Devin Thomas stepping up helped, and hopefully that continues.

Like it or not, next year is more than likely uncapped, making JC a RFA, meaning unless he is tndered an offer and we don't match, or we trade him outright, then he's here again next year. With a solid OL the run game and pass game come back and this team mirrors the team that started 6-2 in '08, IMO.

That being said, if we happen to be in position to draft a stud franchise QB, I would be in favor of the team going that route. If we are in a better position to rebuild the OL, I think that's the smarter move.

Unfortunately this game has led me to jump off me off of his bandwagon. I'm done. We need a new coach/qb/o-line

+1 I've been a Campbell supporter, saying the o line, receivers, coaches, system are to blame. But I'm exhausted and done. Lets tear it all down, hope we get a good GM/coach, and rebuild.

Archived