Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FINAL ROLLCALL - Does ANYBODY here still support Campbell? (Poll included)

street_lyte

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

IMHO the point now is not if he is good or not, if he can start in a NFL team or not.

The point is that he has lost confidence and leadership so at this point he can not be the sollution anymore.

Now he is a part of the problem, doesn't matter if for his fault or for others (Snyder/cerrato strategy on coaches and OL? Zorn palycalling? Not important anymore...)

PS i would go with OL in the draft next year, take a experienced qb as garcia or someone else as back up and test Colt... if it doesn't work then in 2011 we draft a QB that will work behind a good OL...

I dont support anything the Redskins have done this season or anybody on the team, except maybe fletcher...

Im done having hopes, Ive finally realized this team executes at a high school level... theres no point in even having any faith in this team, theyre garbage

I disagree, while i do think the offense is beyond a quick fix, the defense has not really dissappointed me so far this year, if they had a offense that could score at least 20 points consistently, our record would be much better. Draft a QB and some lineman this offseason:logo:

IMHO the point now is not if he is good or not, if he can start in a NFL team or not.

The point is that he has lost confidence and leadership so at this point he can not be the sollution anymore.

Now he is a part of the problem, doesn't matter if for his fault or for others (Snyder/cerrato strategy on coaches and OL? Zorn palycalling? Not important anymore...)

PS i would go with OL in the draft next year, take a experienced qb as garcia or someone else as back up and test Colt... if it doesn't work then in 2011 we draft a QB that will work behind a good OL...

I dont get this, why do folks think Colt can be the starter for this team? If Clausen,or Bradford are available when we pick, it would be retarded to pass n what we have been missing for so long.....A FRANCHISE QB. The oline can be addressed in FA and later rounds of the draft.

I think Campbell will be an excellent QB once he finally finds some stability. He's really been jerked around in DC, always changing coaches, always changing systems, the O-line sucks and having to be patient waiting on the new wideouts to finally come around. Also, it took Matt Hasselbech about 3 or 4 years to master this system, yet most fans in DC think Jason should've mastered it after only one year (dream on).

As far as keeping Campbell for next year, to me that depends on whose gonna be the coach and what system he'll run. If we hire another west coast guy, or another system that Jason's used to, I'd most definitely try to resign Campbell. He's shown improvement every single year. Right now, he's 7th in the league in completion percentage (66%). He's durable and always willing to play hurt as well. I don't believe Zorn is head coaching material, as I also don't believe Sherman Williams is offensive coordinator material, which is probably the entire problem as far as players not executing.

Bottom line:

If we let Campbell walk, it will end up being another one of Snyder & Cerrato's stupid mistakes, as we will all find out later when he becomes a star with another team. The problem is, he's only gonna get half a chance here, but it's just crazy to blame this whole deal on him alone. And furthermore, signing Collins to be his backup was just as stupid, neither one of the two knew the system, as they are both still in the process of learning it. Garcia would have been a more logical choice.

Yeah, thats a problem I have with him though. He seems to get too tense too often. I feel like when he's on, he's nice, but he's not on often enough................I think JC's best chance is here in DC, and instead of going after a big name rookie, I'd rather develop the OL this offseason and keep Campbell.

Although i didn't like it, JC being tense at start wasn't a surprise.

JC is concerned about the pass pro at the begining of games and i'm sure having a new playcaller didn't help ease his concerns.

One of the results of having poor pass pro is that JC doesn't trust the pass pro it at times and it effects his progressions, going through his reads too quickly.(Like coming off Moss on the slant then rushing his throw to ARE)

When JC settles down he's fine but he's got to start the game with the mentality as Zorn has said expecting to get hit.

My main problem with JC is ball security.

The OL screwing up is gonna happen when you have a patchwork OL but you gotta hold on to that ball.

Yeah, but we're not scoring in the Red Zone. Thats what upsets me.

Redzone efficiency/goal-to-go efficiency were my biggest gripes about Zorn's playcalling. We were 0-9 goal-to-go.

Last game were 2-3 67% RZ/G-to-G

With 2 TDs and a botched snap TO

And the other thing is that he doesn't go to other WRs enough. One correlation I noticed from the change in playcalling is that we got production from Thomas and Davis (finally). You've also got to factor in the departure of Cooley, but I didn't know whether to blame Campbell or Zorn or the players themselves for not producing.

I think it was combo-meal of blame but Zorn/Hixon i think are the most culpable then JC who mirrors Zorn's lack of trust then the players for not earning that trust in practice. Then back to Hixon for not helping the players show their abilities practice.

Does that make sense? I

After this past game, I'm hopeful that he can continue to get the young players involved, and if this can happen, I think we will score more just as a result of that. I mean, I think Thomas has Jackson-like abilities, he just doesn't get enough chances.

I'm a big fan of Devin11 he's got size, speed and physicality.

Long story short. I don't put all the blame on Campbell, but I don't excuse him. I think we can build a legit team around him, or have him be a placeholder for a rookie QB, while we rebuild, but I'm not throwing in the towel on him just because our team's playing piss poor football.

Well said bro.

HTTR!

I support him because I think the jury is still out with the shambles this OL is in but if we hire a real GM and he comes in not wanting JC back then its not going to hurt my feelings. Now if Vinny doesnt want him back? Well I think we all know Vinny doesnt know anything so it would still leave me wondering and probably pissed off.

JC turnovers led to 10 points. We were down 27-7 and only got 7 points in the 2nd half. Playing from behind, the only way a JC run offense gets on the board at this point.
The pick-6 wasn't his fault. He recognized the blitz and immediately looked for the hot route, which was open. Unfortunetely one of the Olineman didn't do his assignment, and the pass got tipped, resulting in the INT. JC threw a perfect fade to Moss, but he dropped it, and even without that, he led the team to 17 points, while McNabb only accounted for 7.

The pick-6 wasn't his fault. He recognized the blitz and immediately looked for the hot route, which was open. Unfortunetely one of the Olineman didn't do his assignment, and the pass got tipped, resulting in the INT. JC threw a perfect fade to Moss, but he dropped it, and even without that, he led the team to 17 points, while McNabb only accounted for 7.

Yada, yada. He's a back up.

The pick-6 wasn't his fault. He recognized the blitz and immediately looked for the hot route, which was open. Unfortunetely one of the Olineman didn't do his assignment, and the pass got tipped, resulting in the INT.

Why don't you just say that it was an ACME football and Jason Campbell is Wile E Coyote next time.

While I've certainly been critical of Campbell I'll support him because he's our QB and the fact is he's not the only problem. We have THREE 2nd round receivers from last year that haven't done squat. meanwhile Philly has one that I believe was drafted behind our three that just torched us.

We have a porous OL and a used up RB that doesn't scare anyone. Would he ever be a great QB? Unlikely, but if we had more weapons he would be good enough to win games.

I know most people out there right now are all over JC and want him gone ASAP... but what exactly do you want the redskins to do?

That is, who/how are we going to replace him?

Waste another first rounder on him and ignore the OL YET AGAIN?

Trade away our top draft picks for someone and ignore the OL YET AGAIN?

I just don't see any good options here. Give the man some protection and he will do just fine. Freakin drew brees couldn't do crap with our current O-line and the things this organization has done in the past/what the fans are once again calling them to do is the wrong decision in my mind.

Drew Brees's QB and completion record goes up to 120 + when blitzed by 1 or more defenders. If you blitz he gets better not worse, champbell is just not making good reads or finding the open man, that simple.

Yes I do. He's in a funk. This funk started last year, he has no confidence mainly because he is running for this life every play. Last season when he started out great, there were many factors. We had a running game, we don't this year, the O line pass protected, we aren't this year. Not to mention if he was able to audible protections schemes he would be a lot more productive. Jason has an arm, he has legs, sure he makes bad decisions, but you could put Drew Brees or Peyton Manning or anyone back there and they wouldn't do much better. I would truely like to see what he could do with an offensive line that could actually block someone. n Him not being able to audible the protection doesn't help especially against a blitz happy team like the Iggles.

Bottom line is the O line blows, and the scheme sucks.

Just not true, Brees would fix allot of your problems with the OL and your receivers not getting open with work ethic, leadership, and commitment to the fans and his job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv0nLv4-XcU

Campbell just doesn't have it, and I wish he did because the skins deserve a good QB. The receivers for the saints are mostly 2-3 string underrated, and the OL is the same. Leaders make things happen, they dont let things happen to them.

I understand what you saying but Brees would turn this ball club around, campbell with never have that ability

Campbell just doesn't have it, and I wish he did because the skins deserve a good QB. The receivers for the saints are mostly 2-3 string underrated, and the OL is the same. Leaders make things happen, they dont let things happen to them.

I understand what you saying but Brees would turn this ball club around, campbell with never have that ability

Nice video.

You should research Brees some more, check out his throwing passes blind folded drills and walking through airports with his eyes closed.

This is not a joke, its impressive stuff.

Drew Brees is a great QB.

Comparing Campbell to Brees as evidence that Campbell isn't good is illogical.

No one is claiming that Campbell is on Brees level.

But Drew Brees wasn't always the elite QB he is now.

It wasn't until he linked up with Sean Peyton that he became the offensive force he is now.

JC is a leader on the Redskins he's just not a vocal leader, yet.

He's well respected by his teammates and his work ethic is stellar.

He does take time to work with the young receivers after practice.

Its not a national media story, but if you're a fan of the Skins this info about JC is out there.

HTTR!

Archived