Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FINAL ROLLCALL - Does ANYBODY here still support Campbell? (Poll included)

street_lyte

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

This statement does not match your next one:

A QB who sucks in fact would not "be a good backup QB".

There are 64 starting and backup jobs in the NFL. Jason Campbell is not among the top 64 NFL players in terms of current ability, past performance and future potential.

I predict he will not be on an NFL roster in 2 years.

Want to make a wager on this? Loser agrees to have his/her account banned and not create a similar username?

Only condition I would throw in is that it would have to be performance related - if Campbell suffers some sort of career ending injury then the wager is a push and we go on about our fanhood.

If we had the Giants, Colts or Saints O-Line, Jason would be an all-pro qb.

LOL!!!!

Did you not notice what he does with the ball when he has time?

He's a 3rd stringer on 28 of 32 teams, only problem is that most teams want a 3rd stringer to develop and he's done developing after 40+ inept starts.

If he had all pro mental ability he's give us the occasional Phillip Rivers great game, or even Eli Manning game. He doesn't do anything besides spot teams 7-10 points before garbage time.

If we had the Giants, Colts or Saints O-Line, Jason would be an all-pro qb.

However, he's fallen into the Patrick Ramsey category. A decent qb who never had the chance to fully show off his potential because the o-line protecting him has sucked for a while. Oh well, guess we will see what drafting another qb and ignoring the line again will do for us next season. My bet is jack ****.

While I agree I think he had potential, if he doesn't have a coaching staff that can help him work on the things that are in his control, he'd have to have godly amounts of time to be an All pro right now. Right now he needs those every couple plays when a qb has 6+ seconds he'd need that every play(not realistic).

Things that hurt him and might have helped him be a better qb

Play Calling

Coaching indecisions

Bad O-line play

Not allowing him to have an audible package (unless they figured he was to dumb to handle it.)

I love JC, and have been a supporter of him for a long time. But the KC game finally made it clear to me that he is not a starting QB in this league. This game tonight cemented that feeling. If, for some crazy reason, he stays on this team, fine, I won't shoot myself. But I will lose my mind if he's the starter next year. Even when he does get protection, he can not get the ball to open receivers.

I'm going to watch the whole game when I get a chance, but I loved what little bit of the playcalling I saw. I don't know if it's enough to save Zorn's job, but it's obvious to me that the main problem with this offense is the players failing to execute it. We need a better QB and we need a better O-line.

Dammit, we beat Philly in almost every statisticly category tonight and still made it look like we got blown out. W. T. F.

JC seems in all his interviews and how he has handled adversity with the media to be a really nice guy who you WANT to see succeed. Unfortunately, he has been given five years to become an elite (or hell, even serviceable) starting QB and it is just not going to happen here.

I believe that he has a ton of ability in throwing the ball, however, it does not translate as far as reading a defense and having the ability to make the correct decision on the fly goes.

Hopefully, he will find success elsewhere because he does seem like such a great guy in a league that has a lot of people you hope do not succeed because they are such turds.

It is simply too poisioned here in DC for him to ever be the answer at this point, and I include myself in that as well.

I want Campbell to succeed, but I am not sure that he is going to be on this team next year. He doesn't appear to be a risk taker. I am not sure if that is being coached in him or if he is naturally cautious. I do feel that because he is so shell shocked from being sacked that he is making to quick of decisions and coming off reads for the check down. He is an average QB. He could do well behind a decent line, but we certainly don't have that here and I don't know when we will again. I would like to see him stay because there really isn't anything available in the free agent market next year and if they do draft a QB they should keep Campbell to be the guy warming up the reigns for whoever takes over.

Who needs protection when JC isn't going to do anything with it even when he has it?

JC could do some abstinance commercials, he's that bad. He checks down by default. Protection has nothing to do with it. His game doesn't require protection. He only gets to first base.

1. He doesn't have a fire or leading personality. He's is an introvert, unlike Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Philip Rivers, Kurt Warner, and Ben Rothelesberger. Well, most of the successful QB's in the league have are vocal and can show some heart and fire. No one likes playing this game more than Brett Farve and he never seems to have trouble making plays in those late game drives. I just don't see that spark in Campbell.

2. I supported him up until this game. It became clear that he was a big part of the problem. I was amazed when Jaws pointed out that he pump faked at a wide open Moss who would have easily scored and then threw it underneath (I think it was incomplete). That stuned me.

3. I do kinda feel for the guy, but he isn't a franchise QB. I tried and tried to believe that if he had time, the same coordinator, and protection that he could lead us. I don't believe that anymore.

4. Let's get Tim Tebow.

first of all this is an anti-campbell thread. you know it, that's why you made it. look at the wording.

second, if you don't know that campbell is not are starter next year then you're delusional.

although i will admit our plan should look something like this:

1st round draft a tackle

2nd round g/c

4th best qb available in whatever mold we're going to use

5th oline

7th oline

resign campbell for nothing and have an open comp with brennan, campbell, and the 4th rounder.

campbell would not be a bad backup especially if we keep any semblance of this offense. plus he's coming cheap.

oh and we need a running back. and we'll need a corner because we're not resigning carlos.

and did i say olinemen? because we need a new starting 5. maybe dockery can stay, but right now we have no nfl caliber linemen besides him.

He's not only done with the skins, he has no real prospects with any NFL team. There's too much tape out there of him under pressure situations. He just simply is not a "play maker". He has no ability to consistently come up with a solution when the called play breaks down. He doesn't read defenses, is too indecisive, too slow with the delivery, has no pocket sense, etc., etc. For his sake, I hope he can sell cars.:mad:

Jon

The worst part about last night, or one of the worst parts, was that his bad mechanics showed up again.

What I mean is, in pre-season and early this season, while he was still hesitating and throwing the ball late, his throwing motion and release were actually quicker; he had mostly eliminated the "wind-up" he struggles with (where the ball dips near his waist)...

But last night I saw the ball back down at his waist again, making the ball come out even slower. That was one of the few mechanical improvements I'd seen but even that vanished.

He's done.

Archived