Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll. Snyder is a good owner Yes/No

dockeryfan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Who could have possibly voted yes?

There will always be blind homers that lock themselves into supporting the the whole, or part of an organization. In this case these are homers for the Owners (others are homers for the coach, or players etc.) To them whatever the owner does is right or just needs a little adjustment. (example amazingly there are still people who think Turner was a good coach - ie coach homers).

Personally I prefer my loyalty go to the Redskins so elements that weaken the Redskins (ie the Owner in this case) suffer my wrath (which to be honest is totally ineffective).

Snyder stole something from me that I truly loved, it took 10 years but finally most of us have had enough. The part that kills me is how someone could call themselves a fan of the team and singlehandedly oversee the destruction of all the tradition and good will this team built in DC under the Cooke family just to turn a profit.

I think Dan Snyder is a hero for those that want to pull themselves up by their boot straps, escpecially for the vertically challenge, but he is lost when it comes to Football. What makes the situation even more confusing is this guy knows what it takes to make a situation successful. I just don't get it. I mean I know Joe Gibbs had to say the quote "you win with good people". WTF!

Wanting the best is meaningless.

If you were operating a hospital, you wouldn't hire the janitor to be your chief surgeon and let him consistently fail and then excuse it all by saying "Well, he really wants to be a great surgeon and save lives. I've never seen anyone who wants to do better at surgery than him and is willing to spend all his energy in trying to do it. Granted, he kills all the patients, but he wants what is best for them in soul."

You would never do that. Desire to not suck does not excuse repetitive sucking. Failure is not excused by good intentions.

I heart this post.

I voted "No," but I still truly think he can be. Imagine how much we would all be complaining if we had an owner that was never willing to spend money.

Snyder is completely misguided right now, but at least he is willing to spend money. I just hope he uses the money to hire a competent GM.

I think he has only made 1 bad move and that was hireing Vinny C. That guy dose not know S**t about football. If Dan Fired him and hired a good G.M. to run the team we could turn around in a few years. Mike Holmgrin would be a good choice or Jimmy Johnson.

No of course not...

Can he become a GREAT owner? Sure. But trying to change someones ego, especially the one which snyder maintains, is very difficult. Can he admit to himself and others that he was wrong, that his philosohpy is not a winning one. That might not happen

I think that Snyder because he was able to skip college and make a billion dollars enabled him to think that he could do things his way and be unconventional. There is a point that you do have to conform to the system or the system will beat you. He is clearly taking a beating from the competition of other teams. He doesn't understand how to structure or manage a team. He thinks that because he was able to make his fortune by circumventing conventional business routes, he will be able to win a super bowl by buying the best available talent. I don't think that he knows how to run this team.

I can't believe that 91 people voted yes.

Are they on Snyders staff? Illiterate? Or simply piss poor aim with a mouse?

:whoknows:

I think we have our answer as to whether or not Snyder has people post on this board for damage control. LOL. Might as well have the question be: "Are you only on this board to do damage control for Mr. Snyder?"

I copied what names are visible at this time for "yes".

AdmiralWaugh, Aireskoi, airs0ft3r, BD, becket, BONES, bskinsfan, Chicken Fried, CincyRed, coolsnow23, DallasInDC, dg28daman, E44, Fischer fan, Fletch_Lives59, FunBunch7, Geneva, HigSkin, Hitman#21, hitmandm, Hitnskins, hobbie8046, InsaneBoost, instinct21, isaacis881, JazzboneCuit, Jofizz, lovinthehog, MustangSteve, Never4get#21, nyskinsfan56, ouvan59, panel, PortisDBest, Ravnet, RedskinWarship, Robsk1ns, Rumple_Stiltskin, Skins93077, skinsallday2130, SoCalSkins, Stugein, Tedskins 73, texasthunder, ThePreciating, Thiebear, Thrillhouse44, Tom10Y, twobags95, UNC-Skins, uvahoo7

And while I going to do my best to treat them with the same respect I should treat all posters.....

At least now I know where they are coming from when I see one of them post.

I know what this post may sound like I'm calling people out. Really I'm not. I'm just saying what I take from this poll.

I can respect how much he wants to win and I think he truly is a fan of the team first and foremost, but everything he has done since he has owned the team has blown up in his face.

He has not been able to turn this franchise into a consistent winner. He has alienated faithful Redskins fans with his business first approach to tickets, merchandise, parking, etc. He has alienated good coaches and players. At this point, his fingerprints are the most prevelent on the mess that the Redskins are in right now and for that, hes a bad owner. More than that, hes just not good at managing people period.

The Redskins management hierarchy should be as follows:

1. Owner/CEO

2. Team President

3. General Manager

4. Head Coach

In the cases of legitimate NFL owners who have been successful, they usually operate as the Owner and President, presiding directly over the General Manager in charge of the roster, and the Head Coach. In Dan's case, there obviously needs to be a buffer between him and the General Manager who knows what it takes to run a successful and respectable franchise on and off the field. If he realizes this and has a chance to observe and learn from a successful operation, in time he may be able to manage skilled people in the art of building a successful NFL team.

Part of me thinks that the NFL, for the sake of the fans, needs to require some sort of internship program under successful owners (such as Robert Kraft or Dan Rooney or Pat Bowlen etc.) for a minimum of 3-5 years for perspective owners. I think this kind of program would have served Snyder well instead of jumping in head first at 34 with not so much as a clue how to manage such skilled workers much less build a football team.

+1

Hey Suze haven't seen you in a while. Ready to have fun once again when the new coaching search starts up again?

ECU! How've you been???

I have been MIA for a while ... just so damn frustrated I had to come back and vent a little. You bet I'm ready ... can't wait for all the Redskins 1 tracking and speculation to begin. Who knew we'd be doing all of that again in less than 2 years? Oh wait, Snyder ... we all knew. :)

And how is it possible that these "yes, he's a good owner" numbers keep going up?!?! Mind boggling ...

Keep spending Dan, but otherwise get out of the way.

Archived