Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll. Snyder is a good owner Yes/No

dockeryfan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I think his heart is in it for the team to do well and it shows by him going out and try to make that big signing every year but IMO he doesn't know how to go about doing it the right way..now he know how to make some money and I'm not taking that skill away from him @ all but on the football side of things, let the actual football people (a real GM) make personnel decisons about the team you own - I don't think he can get over that concept..he needs help from others in order to excel and thats with any business

No offense back but I explained my vote in post #8 and don't agree with you.

Here is post 8.

You need to add a couple of "yes" selections to make this fair:

"yes, but he has made mistakes and needs to learn from those mistakes"

or

"yes, he wants to win but he could do a lot better"

or

"yes, he means well but is doing it all wrong"

That is your explaination for thinking he's a Good owner? Seriously?

You don't bring in consultants in sports. It doesn't work. You don't have a President of football operations in Cerrato and hamstring him with your own ideas. Or the coaches ideas. Or some consultants ideas.

Miami - Bill Parcells.

Good owner with idiots in the FO.

Cooke would have been looked at the EXACT same if he didn't have a good FO.

Yep, his biggest mistake was hiring a yes man. Judging from the current atmosphere, it's safe to say he's learned his lesson. If Vinny is still here next year, I'll change my vote. However, I can see a philosophical change in the works for this team.

I voted no. But that could change shortly. I don't doubt his desire to win, I only doubt his ability to get the right people in place to be consistently successful.

With all the fans finally expressing their outrage, we could see Snyder finally admit he was wrong for the past 10 years.

There is nothing wrong with signing star players in the offseason, as long as they are in their prime (Haynesworth.....not Jason Taylor for example)

Great post.

You do see the irony in this statement right? That good owner is responsible for that FO......so who is the idiot...the good owner?

Obviously Snyder is responsible for Cerrato, as I stated in my original post.

If he gets rid of him, an owner that is willing to put up dollars for players needed to win (by draft and FA), guided by a great GM will make this franchise will look very different.

You do see the irony in this statement right? That good owner is responsible for that FO......so who is the idiot...the good owner?

As I said before, I understand it's Snyders fault for not having a good FO, but besides that he isn't that bad, he shed's out the $$$ and big $$$ for players to come here. It's quite obvious he wants to win.

Snyder is a bad owner because of his short-term team building strategy, his failure to put together a good front office and for creating our current image as a dysfuntional franchise.

However he is not entirely or directly responsible for our inability to convert red-zone possession into touchdowns, poor playcalling, injuries to players, failure of young players to develop etc

Snyder has been a bad owner for 10 years but I can't help wondering what the poll results would have been 3 months ago.

How the **** does he have almost 10% when he's proven to be a failure with 5 different coaches now?

In comparison the Pittsburgh Steelers have had 3 coaches since the 60's and the last one was hired 2 years ago. 3 for 3 vs 0 for 5.

Great Job there Danny Boy.

kim-clap.jpg

"Snyder is great at the business side of the Redskins but the exact opposite when it comes to the football operations side." – Mike Wilbon

"And I think [Jack Kent Cooke] would be horror-struck of what has happened to this wonderful franchise we were privileged enough to run." – John Kent Cooke

"The word "laughingstock" is being thrown around in regards to how the team is operating." – Jason LaConfera

“You can own a team and not be what Redskins really means. You can be a part of an organization and not really embody what it really means and I realize that.” - Lavar Arrington

It's a decade into Snyder's tenure as owner, and not too early to reach a verdict on the joyriding amateur interference that passes for his management. – Sally Jenkins

“The history shows you that they [the front office] failed in every instance. The only thing that’s changed is that they’ve gotten rid of people, but the management stayed the same. So it’s continued to fail on the field, and I think you have to be concerned – anybody with good sense would be. You can be optimistic about it, but you have to be realistic as well, and say that everything they’ve touched has failed on the football field. They’re a big success at the box office, and a big success with the money and all, but they’re a miserable success when it comes to winning.” - Rick "Doc" Walker

"There are team specific issues for sure and some individual issues for sure but the owner ultimately is a loser and you can't fix that...” – John Riggins

“My experience, my professionalism and patience is starting to pay off for us.” - Dan Snyder

I voted yes, because I believe the correct answer is a little of both choices. He has good ownership traits in that I believe he really does want to win and he is willing to spend the money to do so, misguided as those allotments of funds may be sometimes. That said, his methods of going about building a team and establishing a quality management system are flawed, and he doesn't have the necessary football acumen to correct it easily.

Danny is a Redskins fan just like all of us

Is there any proof of this? I've been hearing it for years but I no longer believe it. Anybody can claim to have grown up a fan of any team, that doesn't mean they really were.

He doesn't act like someone that grew up a Redskins fan in a blue collar family. Any improvements made have been for the wealthy fans (ie. express exit lanes, cigar bars and Hooters on the club level). Most of the wealthy ticket holders are there for status symbol, they don't care about the team or the game. A jumbotron is the one thing that most blue collar fans can agree is needed but he refuses to upgrade.

He gives the appearance that he wants to win by signing a big name player every year, but all that really does is generate buzz and jersey sales. If he really wanted success for the Redskins organization, he would have hired football minds to run the show a long time ago.

Is there any proof of this? I've been hearing it for years but I no longer believe it. Anybody can claim to have grown up a fan of any team, that doesn't mean they really were.

I think it was very noticeable after we beat Dallas in Dallas and Philly in Philly, don't you remember him just yelling down the ramps going into the locker room, the man was pumped up.

but besides that he isn't that bad, he shed's out the $$$ and big $$$ for players to come here. It's quite obvious he wants to win.

How does this equate to being a good owner? This is completely baffling to me.

Deion? Bruce? Jason Taylor? Trotter? Adam A? B Lloyd? that is off the top of my head.

Outside of the fact that there is a salary cap in this league and you can't out Yankee's someone in the NFL these are all moves made to make a big marketing splash.

What is obvious to me is that we have no plan, no foundation and no sense of where we are going.

Archived