Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Players ask front office to publicly endorse zorn

Hooper

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/10/14/AR2009101403646.html?hpid=topnews

Preparing for yet another winless opponent, Redskins players concluded practice Wednesday in a light drizzle, and the storm clouds surrounding Redskins Park showed no signs of dissipating. Inside the locker room, two prominent players on offense and a veteran defensive player said they want team management to publicly address Coach Jim Zorn's job security.

Click link for article.

Ah, finally.

The players are finally taking a stand against management (well, not really, but still, good stuff)

In a way they are, why would they go out and put their bodies and potential future contract on the line if this year is already over?

It's going to get very ugly this season. :)

I really want Zorn to succeed, because he's an extremely likable guy. And I don't feel that all the blame lies on him...but that doesn't matter to Danny. It's nice to see the players coming to the coaches defense, it shows at least they've still got some intestinal fortitude...

The article's headline is a little misleading. In the text of it, they say the players said if Zorn is going to remain the coach, they'd like the front office to say so and that was just so they didn't have to keep answering questions. It's not as though the players are asking the front office to keep him on.

A team official said the Redskins would not comment on Zorn's status Wednesday.

Vinny Cerrato, the Redskins' executive vice president of football operations, was given the opportunity last week on a conference call with reporters to offer such an endorsement and chose not to.

Vinny, you are a little weasel. You are a disgrace.

You asked everyone to judge you by your Zorn hiring.

And now you hide like a little girl.

My take on this is that it's a good sign. The players still believe in themselves and the coaching, despite the fact that the fans obviously do not. We're barely 1/4 of the way through the season and we are already talking draft strategies.

But the players don't want to hear that. They think they still have a chance to turn this around and be productive. Makes me want to believe in them too. Man I hope we come out on fire Sunday. Not counting on it by any means, but I really, really hope so.

these were the most telling pieces for me:

"A team official said the Redskins would not comment on Zorn's status Wednesday. Vinny Cerrato, the Redskins' executive vice president of football operations, was given the opportunity last week on a conference call with reporters to offer such an endorsement and chose not to."

"Two of the players added that any statement short of a vote of confidence -- including not commenting -- leads to organizational divide at a time everyone associated with the Redskins needs to unite in order to turn the season around. "

A team official said the Redskins would not comment on Zorn's status Wednesday. Vinny Cerrato, the Redskins' executive vice president of football operations, was given the opportunity last week on a conference call with reporters to offer such an endorsement and chose not to.

Zorn won''t make it through the Bye Week.

Archived