Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Players ask front office to publicly endorse zorn

Hooper

Read my earlier post in this thread and the story in the thread linked by The Godfather. The players don't want an endorsement. They are just sick of dealing with it, one way or another.

There was an anonymous quote from a player saying that the owner or front office should address the situation so that they don't have to continue fielding questions.

My reaction to that player is to just say "no comment" when you're asked about your coach.

There was an anonymous quote from a player saying that the owner or front office should address the situation so that they don't have to continue fielding questions.

My reaction to that player is to just say "no comment" when you're asked about your coach.

I agree with that. The players should just brush it off.

My point is--and the real story here is--the players do not care if the FO endorses Zorn. They just want the situation resolved one way or another so they don't have to deal with it any longer.

It's funny how players publicly back Zorn, but under the cover of anonymity could care less whether he stays or goes. To me this story is an indictment of how the players truly feel about Zorn: They seem not to care.

Read my earlier post in this thread and the story in the thread linked by The Godfather. The players don't want an endorsement. They are just sick of dealing with it, one way or another.

Anything the FO does is going to blow up in their faces. The best option is to say nothing. The players can easily say, "No comment". I'm sure they don't want to tip their hand to what their plan is. Unfortunately there's not much the FO can do to make this any easier a situation.

Anything the FO does is going to blow up in their faces. The best option is to say nothing. The players can easily say, "No comment". I'm sure they don't want to tip their hand to what their plan is. Unfortunately there's not much the FO can do to make this any easier a situation.

Again, I agree. I don't thing the FO should say anything and the players should say no comment. But I really think this shows how the players feel about the situation. They don't care whether Zorn goes or not, they just don't want the question to linger.

I think it's a crock. You are a professional, paid football player. You want the press to stop questioning you then go out there and beat somebody. Stop running around in circles chasing your tails out on the field. How about you live up to your potential and blow one of these terrible teams out? How about you players give Dan Snyder some confidence in Jim Zorn, huh?

Just let Zorn finish the year... My god, its like insanity if you think bringing in a new regime mid-year and having to relearn a new offense / defense whatever is going to work right away. Its just bad for the team. Get rid of Vinny and Snyder can go too... NOTHING POSITIVE HAS COME OF HIS MONEY SPENDING WAYSSSSSS and draft foolery.

Snyder doesn't want Zorn to turn things around, I don't believe. He's already decided to fire Zorn...it's just a question of when. I think he wants this season to fall to pieces so it'll look like he had no other choice but to fire Zorn. He doesn't want another Marty situation where the team wins 8 of the last 11 and he still fires the coach.

Archived