Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Players ask front office to publicly endorse zorn

Hooper

I am glad the players are sticking together for Zorn. I really think Zorn has shouldered too much blame for the current state of the team. Everyone here for two years knew the OL would be a problem if not addressed, yet the FO did next to nothing to address it. Dare I say it, Joe Bugel is the coach that needs to go. And yes Zorn has shown no change in playcalling and is not blameless, but he is not the root of the problem, just a condition of the way the team is being run.

Fire Zorn, it won't fix anything. In fact it will make any good coaching candidate shy away from this team and probably affect some players considering it as an option.

They choose Zorn as an option and project, they should at least see it through.

Mike and MIke this morning discussing former Skin players tearing up the Skins. Not all of them are blaming Zorn exclusively. No wonder.

I am glad the players are sticking together for Zorn. I really think Zorn has shouldered too much blame for the current state of the team. Everyone here for two years knew the OL would be a problem if not addressed, yet the FO did next to nothing to address it. Dare I say it, Joe Bugel is the coach that needs to go. And yes Zorn has shown no change in playcalling and is not blameless, but he is not the root of the problem, just a condition of the way the team is being run.

Fire Zorn, it won't fix anything. In fact it will make any good coaching candidate shy away from this team and probably affect some players considering it as an option.

They choose Zorn as an option and project, they should at least see it through.

Mike and MIke this morning discussing former Skin players tearing up the Skins. Not all of them are blaming Zorn exclusively. No wonder.

Why would Buges be the one to go?

You said so yourself in that post that the FO did nothing to address the OL. You can't really blame Buges when you look at what he's been given to work with.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/10/14/AR2009101403646.html?hpid=topnews

Two of the players added that any statement short of a vote of confidence -- including not commenting -- leads to organizational divide at a time everyone associated with the Redskins needs to unite in order to turn the season around.

This front office is amazing.

Our front office has undermined both key leaders on this team the HC and the QB.

Last year when Zorn didn't play Portis for part of the Ravens game and Portis ripped him in the media was the begining of the end for Zorn.

Zorn should have further punished/admonished Portis, but he didn't or couldn't.

They publically try to trade JC yet he handled with great poise and may have come out looking more like a leader then before.

Now they've put Zorn in a no win situation.

I have been one of Zorn's biggest critics when it comes to his playcalling this year.

But, i don't think the guy deserves to get fired.

Synder is a moron if he hired an inexperienced but knowledgeable coach for his team yet isn't willing to allow that coach to work his way through a rough patch.

Its not like they handed Zorn the keys to a race car.

The handed him the keys to a fix'er upper and right now Zorn is tinkering under the hood trying to get it work and Synder is trying to slam the hood on Zorn's neck.

Zorn should have never allowed Sherman Lewis on the team.

Its not because Sherman Lewis is a bad coach, quite the opposite i think Sherman Lewis knows more about the WCO then Zorn.

But, Sherman Lewis should have been hired as part of the staff Zorn's 1st year as HC.

Sherman Lewis could have been brought in this offseason with no fan fare, much like they way the Raven's brought in Al Saunders.

There is no shame in having 'another set of eyes' out there, afterall Mike Holmgren a SB winning HC had Keith Gilbertson as an offensive consultant in Seattle and Gil Haskell as an OC both of whom are available right now!

Now even if Zorn rights the ship on offense, which in my opinion would simply require improving the playcalling, he can't get the credit because Synder took it away by bringing in Sherman Lewis.

Yet, now that the teams seems to lack direction the FO is basically given the coach they hand-picked and endorsed a de-facto vote of no confidence.

In the ultimate team sport the FO castrated our general, in pubic, and our only hope is that our captains can lead us and are young guys will follow.

I hate Dan Synder.:mad:

Go Skins!

3847941034_1233b021ba.jpg

3785976337_80d94cfbef.jpg

3786781828_700d20afeb_s.jpg3786782080_5cb673a8f1_s.jpg3785973357_a03897ffe6_s.jpg3785972537_ca92a97e5e_s.jpg3847150921_7fd7cff2d9_s.jpg3785974375_1693f598bf_s.jpg

3785971651_e82cc08f31_s.jpg

I like Zorn and think he is a good guy, but he's just in over his head. He was brought in to be the OC and when Snyder and Vinny couldn't find anyone to be the head coach, they turned to Zorn. That right there just shows how bad our FO is. You couldn't find anyone that wanted to come here and be a head coach in the NFL. Hell Spagnualo would rather coach the hapless Rams than us.

I say for Zorn's and the players' sakes, just let him go now. He knows his days are numbered and so do the players. Honestly, what is the point in having him still be here? We're looking at having to go 8-3 the rest of the way to make the playoffs. We've had probably the easiest first 5 games ever in the NFL, yet we're 2-3. Just let Zorn go so we can get on with the coaching search.

Zorn was dealt an honest hand as a coach, and he has bungled it. He is simply not HC material. To put this on the FO is not entirely fair, except to say they should not have hired him in the first place.

The fact the players like him actually lowers my opinion of him even more.

20 some years back when I interned at channel 4 sports, we would go out every Wednesday to do interviews at Redskins Park. Doc Walker would also have to get the player guests for Saturday night Gibbs/George Michael show. None of the players wanted to do it because they were scared ****less of Gibbs. That's the coach I want.

Zorn was dealt a losing hand by accepting the team as is. This team has always been "one player away from the SB". If you think one player away is true then you are definitely misguided in your opinion of a winning football team. There have been glaring weaknesses over the past ten years at different positions. The number one position is QB. We have tried trading, free agents, drafts, etc. but still can't come up with a legitimate franchise QB. We have needed OL the past three years, we don't have a strong side linebacker and in two years we won't have a MLB. We won't have a RB much longer either due to age. This team needs to be rebuilt completely. However, the FO won't allow any coach to come in here and make those types of accusations. Therefore whoever is the HC now and forever more, will need to figure out how to add one or two big names or drafts, and make a winning team out of this current variation of the "Over the Hill Gang".

Here's what Adam Schefter just tweeted: Redskins owner Daniel Snyder doesn't owe his players an explanation on Zorn's future. It's simple--he wins, he stays; he loses, he goes

I dunno if I agree with Schefter that he doesn't own an explanation, but it is simple. If we win, Zorn keeps his job. We lose, he's gone.

If you read the article in the thread that The Godfather linked, the players don't actually demand anything. They don't even want Danny to endorse Zorn. They are merely sick of being asked about it. Not exactly as powerful or invoking as the reports make it sound.

Oh...and expect a merge...most likely.

Here's what Adam Schefter just tweeted: Redskins owner Daniel Snyder doesn't owe his players an explanation on Zorn's future. It's simple--he wins, he stays; he loses, he goes

I dunno if I agree with Schefter that he doesn't own an explanation, but it is simple. If we win, Zorn keeps his job. We lose, he's gone.

I saw this earlier. I agree 100%.

I actually don't disagree with the FO here.

If they are considering a move, why would they endorse a coach only to go back on their word in a couple weeks?

They don't owe their players or especially the fans anything in this regard.

Read my earlier post in this thread and the story in the thread linked by The Godfather. The players don't want an endorsement. They are just sick of dealing with it, one way or another.

Snyder owes his fans an explanation as to why he has his fingers in football operations.

He has his fingers in the the football operations because he owns the team. The same way he has his fingers in Johnny Rockets and Six Flags. He doesn't owe the fans any explanation on anything. It is his franchise and he can drive it into the ground if he wants to. He can run it any way he wants to.

As for the players, they are under contract, they came here for the big $$$. The only thing the boss needs to tell them is "get the hell out of my office and get back out there on that field and practice or I'll trade you to, ummm uhhh who is worse than the Redskins right now?"

Archived