Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You're Jim Zorn. What do you do NOW to keep your job?

Rocky52Mc

I've been thinking about this question since last season. You put a strong minded human against a wall and slowly take away his personal space. What does he do to get it back?

Jim Zorn obviously won't sit back and take it, he MUST take matters seriously into his hands as the fan base and media are all against him. There's too many questions and issues. Getting rid of the man in charge is probably the easiest thing to do without truly assessing the situation, unless of course things change around.

Let's be honest with ourselves, over the past 5 years, we've been slightly above average AT BEST (and that's being very nice). The Redskins play some competitive football, but they don't convince anyone with offensive power or defensive finesse. It's just a plain FACT. Their identity has been hard nosed football, nothing fancy; until Zorn came here.

When Zorn took charge of the team, I remember a few things. One word keeps coming to mind "surprise!". No one expected him to win the job, no one expected him to be good at his job. In fact, I guarantee you that over half of the Redskins fans in general didn't even know who Jim Zorn was:

Until of course you have Santana Moss catching 4 yard passes to convert 4th downs into 1st and win.

Until of course you have Jason Campbell holding onto the ball and managing the game wisely.

Until of course you have the entire team leading the league in fan voting for the pro bowl, you have the NFL's leading rusher, and your QB is breaking records involving not throwing turnovers and you're tossing your divisional opponents aside.

Anyways, whatever reputation the man has earned up to this point is moot unless he changes things himself. It's time to make changes. Changes can come in the form of many things and you have to WANT to change in order to do so. I know Zorn can change, because he hasn't even established himself.

The point here is, Zorn, needs to make changes TODAY. Enforce them TOMORROW and get moving onto taking on Kansas City. It has to be done. For this team, for himself, for his reputation, for this community. He HAS to make changes, because it simply ISN'T working.

It just simply isn't working. It doesn't matter how close the score is, or what mistakes we made that costs us. For every single mistake that you make, there should be 5 mistakes you didn't make that puts you in position to TAKE mistakes and still win games.

The play calling has to change immediately. The style, the decisions, and the circumstances, all need to be taken into account. We have to change our style and we have to change our choices. If Zorn can't make the necessary changes to adjust to the situation then he doesn't belong in this game, it's a the cold hard facts.

This doesn't have to be entirely on him, but based off of our reputation it is. Jim Zorn could survive in another city, but not this one. We don't own a good reputation. Our owner doesn't hold a good football reputation aside from an economical standpoint.

Your thoughts on what Jim Zorn has to do to keep his job.

You have to act like you have a plan. Even if you don't.

That means, you have to get enraged, question the effort of some of the players, and bench people immediately.

1. Tomorrow morning, announce that TC is the starter next week.

2-5. Do this with 4 other starters as well.

If you have no suggestions to improve, there is no need for you to be the coach.

Big, drastic changes immediately.

Go to the media and call Snyder out for not providing you with an offensive line that can protect your quarterback and give your running back room to run!!

Call players out. Start being an *******.

Zorn is to nice and needs to stop sugar coating that he has no OLINE!!

You have to act like you have a plan. Even if you don't.

That means, you have to get enraged, question the effort of some of the players, and bench people immediately.

1. Tomorrow morning, announce that TC is the starter next week.

2-5. Do this with 4 other starters as well.

If you have no suggestions to improve, there is no need for you to be the coach.

Big, drastic changes immediately.

This is NOT a QB controversy thread. That being said here's my question to you:

If Jason Campbell gets benched, I'd assume he isn't on this team being the QB next year. And I feel strongly that Todd Collins won't be our opening day starter next year either, even if he did play well if he had the chance this year.

So who is our QB? It sounds to me like you're ready to follow the Snyder plan and go for a splash QB, which should typically fall under the category of failure.

there's no way zorn keeps his job.

that being said, i honestly think the conversation between snyder and zorn starts like this

snyder: *evil look*

zorn: "now, i know you want to fire me. but stay medium, we just have to execute"

snyder: full_infuriate.gif

If Jason Campbell gets benched, I'd assume he isn't on this team being the QB next year. And I feel strongly that Todd Collins won't be our opening day starter next year either, even if he did play well if he had the chance this year.

So who is our QB? It sounds to me like you're ready to follow the Snyder plan and go for a splash QB, which should typically fall under the category of failure.

God no.

But you asked what he should do.

Status quo? If he does nothing, he is gone. So, you start TC immediately.

And next draft, like we should have the prior two drafts, is nothing but linemen.

No splashy qb. No more TEs. No corners. No bs.

Linemen. Every single pick.

And for qb? You look at Colt. If you aren't comfortable with him, then you sign a vet.

there's nothing he can do....

like Zoony says in the game coverage wrap up, this isn't a poorly coached team.. we don't have terrible penalties or dumb errors that kill ourselves..

we just have bad players... it's just a bad team..

the fact that we have a bad team with no depth rests squarely on the shoulders of none other than Vinny Cerrato.... who is a stupid piece of ****.

but Zorn will be blamed for it... and be fired... and we'll have a bad team again next year... for the next coach to fail with and get fired for.

I figure he's got two choices:

A. Go undefeated the rest of the season (and since that's not going to happen)

B. Start sleeping with the boss's wife (cause that's the only way you're sticking around is if the real person in charge wants you). Even if it's only in "pool boy" capacity.

The only other choice is to take Vinny hostage, but Snyder might still fire you and let Tom Cruise take over Vinny's job. At least we'd have someone who could act the part (HA HA, GET IT, ACT..........nevermind).

I feel that Zorn needs to bring on the type of change that Tom Coughlin once did that led his team to the Superbowl. Every single person in the media claimed how Coughlin will be one and done in New York and won't live the season and look what happened. This is pretty recent history too.

win, the only thing that he's had to do since he got here and what is expected of every coach in the nfl.

look this isn't some noir, it's pretty simple. you win games you keep your job, you lose games you get fired.

i don't care if JZ has to drop his pants, you do something to win.

Zorn is out of ideas. And he seems to be completely out of his depth.

And the real problem, he has mediocre overrated and old offensive talent that has proven the ability to choke like dogs when it counts.

But what Zorn is not is a "tough guy." He might be a competitor, he seems like a real good guy, and he seems smart and with it.

But he's not a tough guy. And a leopard can't change his spots.

What he needs, more than anything else, is a younger and deeper OL. Guess what: That's not going to happen.

He also needs DT to catch balls that hit him in the hands. That seems to be a problem that he can't address with coaching.

So he's got to look in the mirror and see if there is anything he CAN do. He can't' just rely rely on the run game. The OL and Portis just aren't that good anymore.

He can't rely on the pass game with 1 WR (who is due for his annual upper leg strain) and a TE, with a shaky OL, and a ?? at QB.

TC is not the answer. I don't believe. If that's the answer, then DO IT NOW. However, I think that TC would get his brains beat out, and we'd be back with JC. Maybe it's worth a shot, maybe it isn't.

So what can you do? You tried MW instead of Rinehart, and then commented that he did well, even though he was completely beaten on several plays, and one critical one on the last offensive drive.

ARE back to #2WR?

Different play calling?

Given what he has to work with, I just don't know WHAT you can do.

I feel that Zorn needs to bring on the type of change that Tom Coughlin once did that led his team to the Superbowl.

Yeah, so Coughlin had an emerging NFL caliber QB and an NFL caliber O-line. And pretty good running backs just coming into their prime. And one of the league's best front offices putting this all together for him.

Zorn has none of those.

You asked what you would do to keep your job if you were zorn. How did you not expect a qb comment especially since campbell is a huge problem and benching their qb is a thing a lot of coaches do to try and make things work

there's nothing he can do....

like Zoony says in the game coverage wrap up, this isn't a poorly coached team.. we don't have terrible penalties or dumb errors that kill ourselves..

we just have bad players... it's just a bad team..

the fact that we have a bad team with no depth rests squarely on the shoulders of none other than Vinny Cerrato.... who is a stupid piece of ****.

but Zorn will be blamed for it... and be fired... and we'll have a bad team again next year... for the next coach to fail with and get fired for.

I agree completley with GGM here. I just wish they'd fire Zorn now rather than later to put us all out of our misery. I have no idea why the media is so fixated on this story, but I can't stand it anymore. Just fire the guy, appoint your interim whoever he is, and let's get on with it.

Start by wearing more casual gear on the sidelines. He looks like a dork on the sideline, and I know I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Second he needs to sit down with everyone that matters and figure out what, given the current circumstances, can this team do well and what it can't do well. Gibbs was famous for that, but at the end of the day, there's no way this offense will work if we continue the season with the same oline we had today. It's his job to figure it out, but it's gotten so bad that I don't know if he'll be able to overcome it this season. He deserves another year for that, if not for anything else.

He is adding a little more wrinkles every week, jump balls, slats, saw a bootleg today. But the offense I feel should be in shotgun as much as possible, while at the same time making sure Portis gets more then 25 carries a game. That's what we're good at right now, and history says the more carries Portis gets, the better our chances of winning.

Stay Zorny, stay aggressive, but keep it real. The media hates you, man, so don't waste your time trying to make them happy. Just do what you can to help this team win football games, because that's one of the few things in this world you actually have control over.

This is a lot for a guy who was a QB coach a little over a year ago. But he needs to stay on top of his players when they mess up, go to them when they do right, and stand by them through thick and through thin. Be the rock, be the leader, be the Head Coach. If giving up playcalling helps you focus more on the team as a whole, seriously take it into consideration.

Zorn needs to prove he's a genius, but at same time needs to remember he's human just like the rest of us. Go blast Snyderratto about the o-line first thing tommorrow, then the first chance he gets publicly state that JC is the QB and that isn't going to change. He needs to use what he has, even if it ain't much, and he'll get very far with this team with lessons he learns along the way.

That's a start...

Archived