Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You're Jim Zorn. What do you do NOW to keep your job?

Rocky52Mc

Rocky, I think you bring up a lot of good points.

The first thing that came to my mind was obviously the play calling. I would like to see more no huddle early in the halves to try to get us in a groove offensively. When we went up early today you could tell everyone was obviously playing w/more emotion.

Naturally with the play calling we have to even out pass/run percents on first down. I don't know what % of the time we currently run on first down but I'm guessin it's very high. First down throws can be 3 step drops with slants, hitches, etc.. Also roll out Campbell more often, since our O-line is banged up.

Personal changes are up to him and his assistants. I mentioned earlier I would like to see Mason get a few more carries though. I think he could be a nice change of pace back.

I honestly didn't think last year he was in any danger of losing his job, but now I agree he needs to do something and do something immediately.

I don't think Jim Zorn has what it takes to turn this around. He's a keep it medium kind of guy, and because of that the players who need a fire lit under them by the staff are just not getting it.

I mean sands him pulling what singletary did last year I don't know that he hasn't lost this team already.

Yeah, so Coughlin had an emerging NFL caliber QB and an NFL caliber O-line. And pretty good running backs just coming into their prime. And one of the league's best front offices putting this all together for him.

Zorn has none of those.

correct!!! our FO is a joke! they cant find a gold if they where locked up in ft knox! as always snyder and vinny ruined lives. zorn could have prolly been a great HC or assistant in years to come but those two threw him in position he was not comfortable! proves that money cant buy you success!

I just feel bad for players, some of them could have been SB winners if they where somewhere else and not slaving for those two idiots!

correct!!! our FO is a joke! they cant find a gold if they where locked up in ft knox! as always snyder and vinny ruined lives. zorn could have prolly been a great HC or assistant in years to come but those two threw him in position he was not comfortable! proves that money cant buy you success!

I just feel bad for players, some of them could have been SB winners if they where somewhere else and not slaving for those two idiots!

Our FO definitely is a joke, but there's a reason that Zorn has been a career QB coach. And he's not getting any younger. He got an opportunity to be a HC, albeit it in a bad situation, but it was probably was and will be the best job offer he'll ever get. He was out of his element from the get-go, and only our terrible FO is stupid enough to have hired him, especially after being rebuffed by just about everyone else

Don't think anything. You don't have the respect of your players. The wheels have come off, and you don't seem to want to change how things are done. This season is over. anytime you have a 17-2 lead and for the most part you D is playing well, than your O can't move the ball and the D collapses. Than you lose the game, it's over.

Let's recap, we have lost to a team that hasn't won a game in almost since 07. Barely won against a team that hasn't won since middle of last year(if I remember)

Than we lose to a team that is 0-3 this year with a 17-2 lead. We haven't played a team with a winning record this season yet. It only will get worse as the season grinds on.

Like I said before the season started. Any sign of Campbell not being able to WIN and start Collins. They've refused to do it so **** em.

Collins might be too old but jesus ****ing christ do something, look at how bad Carolina was here. They made Tampa and the Rams look good for most of this game and we still only had 2 td's and the defense set both of them up in the redzone.

Like many on this board I believe Zorn was a reach for a HC in the first place, I don't think it is all his fault either. I think the best thing for this organization is to bench Campbell and see if Collins can come in and create some enthusiasm for the game. It is my whole hearted opinion that the players on this team Offense and Defense are apathetic with Campbell as the quarterback because everyone knows he can't finish a drive and he chokes when it counts. Now some might say that Devin Thomas should have had that ball, but how many times are receivers gonna hang their heads out to get knocked off because their bonehead QB can't throw a nice catchable ball.

It's time to stop the torture and bench Campbell and see if some different blood can't do it for us.

Zorn stays, Campbell goes simple.

You have to act like you have a plan. Even if you don't.

That means, you have to get enraged, question the effort of some of the players, and bench people immediately.

1. Tomorrow morning, announce that TC is the starter next week.

2-5. Do this with 4 other starters as well.

If you have no suggestions to improve, there is no need for you to be the coach.

Big, drastic changes immediately.

ita. Someone needs to tell Zorn "fake it til you make it". It's obvious he's run out of ideas...he should have done this at least 2 weeks ago then people would be able to cut Zorn some slack because at least he it would appear as if he were making an effort to remedy some of the team's problems. However, here we are wk 5 and we have the same plays, same qb, low scoring games--status quo and nothing more. The big problem with Zorn is he doesn't make any noticeable changes/improvements which forces Snyder/Vinny to make them for him like bringing in Lewis.

There is nothing anyone, particularly JC, can do to save JZ's job. He would have to win every game from the Chiefs on, make a playoff appearance AND win the Superbowl to remain HC of the Skins.

This will end up just like it did with Brunell in 2004 and 2006. They will stick with JC until the sched gets tough and then go to the backup and then he won't look so great because all the easy games got wasted by the scrub. Even in 04 Ramsey still did better than Brunell though after Brunell played all the losing teams, Ramsey got undefeated Pitt and Philly after we were eliminated and he still won 3 games.

First, don't let Heyer touch the field. Not sure what Samuels status will be, but you cant let Heyer out there. Get Rhino at tackle, get Bridges back, get a guy off the street. Just don't let Heyer play.

Next, go with Collins. Let him get the ball out of his hands quickly. We will still be inept offensively but its the only way to cope with an atrocious offensive line.

I would mandate Blache get aggressive. Blitz often, attack.

That's it. Wouldn't be enough to save Zorn regardless. We will be picking top 5 top 10 at best.

I would

-bench Campbell - start Collins

-push to sign Runyan and Kendall and pray Samuels is fine, this would give us a decent, experienced line

-fire Blache, promote Gray (tell him to be aggressive like he was in Buffalo)

-sit down with Sherman Lewis and devise a new gameplan

-get Mason some more PT

Snyder wants to fire Zorn already, no doubt about it. I strongly suspect he wants to wait until the bye week though. I think that if the team comes out next week and wins, then beats the hell out of Philly Zorn might keep his job for now.

What I wonder is if we lose next week to KC, but then go out and beats Philly by like 30 points, will Snyder still fire Zorn. We would be 3-4 after the easiest part of our schedule, having lost to some of the worst teams in the league. We would be on our bye week, the perfect time to fire a coach. It would make sense. But could Snyder really fire Zorn after we beat Philly? That would be interesting to see.

there's nothing he can do....

like Zoony says in the game coverage wrap up, this isn't a poorly coached team.. we don't have terrible penalties or dumb errors that kill ourselves..

we just have bad players... it's just a bad team..

the fact that we have a bad team with no depth rests squarely on the shoulders of none other than Vinny Cerrato.... who is a stupid piece of ****.

but Zorn will be blamed for it... and be fired... and we'll have a bad team again next year... for the next coach to fail with and get fired for.

Yeah, cuz running a stretch play from your own two and going for it on 4th and 3 have nothing to do with Coaching. Noooo, Coaching is just fine.:doh::doh:

Start Collins.Activate Mitchell.Give Mason more carries and/or activate Alridge.Throw more on first down to set up the run.Let Orakpo rush the passer.Take punt returning duties from Randle-El.Let someone besides Cartwright return kickoffs.We can't score points so what does it matter if you change things and see what happens.At the end of the day Zorn is the OC and HC and your team just can't get it done.His job is gone at the end of the season unless he shows he can turn coal into gold.

Archived