Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Big Mike Williams first start.

SIXX99

As a unit the offensive line was abysmal today, but what did you think about Mike Williams? I thought he played pretty good given the circumstances the O-Line had to face and most of our successful runs came on his side I believe. What were your thoughts from Big Mike's first start as a Skin?

He stinks in pass protection, but we already knew that. It did seem that most of Clinton's running yds came to the right side which is good. I can't say he's better than Rinehart though.

What are we doing? Are we developing young players and building for the future or not?

So f*in frustrating.

so-so, at times you could really see him push the line but on others he was just horrible (2pt play for the safety)

When you see that he's off on one play and then does well in others than its a technique issue. The same problems he had in buff

so-so, at times you could really see him push the line but on others he was just horrible (2pt play for the safety)

When you see that he's off on one play and then does well in others than its a technique issue. The same problems he had in buff

that was heyers fault (aside from zorns fault for calling a fing stretch play on the goalline.) on the safety, he got blown back by peppers right into sellers and portis

Zorn and Campbell both do very well together with a capable o-line: just look at last year's 6-2 start, before the wheels fell off after the o-line fell apart due to injuries. Unbelievable that Cerrato still has his job after not addressing our most glaring offseason need.

Mike Williams seemed to play ok today, all things considered, but let's face it, we have a bunch of spare parts held together with chewing gum and duct tape for an o-line.

Generally, I didn't notice him, which is good with O-linemen. However, there was one play, I want to say a 3rd and 7 or something, where the Panthers only rushed four, but MW's guy tossed him aside and got to Campbell in a hurry. Campbell did avoid the guy but got knocked off balance and was only able to scramble for a yard or two gain.

I'm sure there were plays where Williams did well, but like I said, the best O-lineman is the one you don't think about, because he's doing his job so you can watch the skill players. That was the play that really stuck out to me.

I don't think he was any worse than Rinehart, that's for sure. Batiste was the one I noticed far too frequently.

Archived