Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Police Gone Wild thread

ACW

You like to point out those RARE times when the police do something wrong, but never admit that most police officers are good, caring individuals doing work that almost ALL of you are too afraid or incapable of doing.

I don't know how you can say that.

In my experience, pretty much everyone here emphasizes that exact point over and over and over. We all appreciate the hard work that the police do and know that almost all of them are honest, genuinely good folks, we know that the bad apples are a distinct minority... we just wish the good guys wouldn't cover up for those bad apples as often as they do.

And the dirty cops are the biggest threat to any law abiding citizen outside of terrorists. They can kill or harm you and represent the only threat with which you can't fight back. That is what this thread is about..

WRONG - the biggest threat to our regular day to day lives are the thugs that exist and are allowed to remain in our regular society. As sad is the events that were 9-11, regular criminals beat, rape, and kill many more 'normal' people every year.

Actually pretty much everyone in this thread agrees that the vast majority of cops are good if not great people. Also the point here is more a question of what happens after one of those RARE situations. Juries won't convict and cops tend to get away with little or no punishment. ..

OK, so you agree that almost all Police Officers are good and try to uphold the law - that just proves my point, Thanks!!!!!!

By the way, please show the examples of when juries let police officers get away with 'little or no punishment' and how much these things happen when the police don't do anything wrong. I know it is at least 100 - 1.

If only I could be as smart as you are and make such convincing arguments.

I never said I was smarter than you. I don't know why you need to resort to personal attacks.

When cops are really defensive and say things like 99.9% of all people hate us, that scares me. They don't and it's not good that you would feel that way. Get counseling. Cops are people. Some are jerks most are not, just like civilians.
Exactly. Hey cops, focus on getting rid of the bad ones.

• 3 weeks later...
When cops are really defensive and say things like 99.9% of all people hate us, that scares me. They don't and it's not good that you would feel that way. Get counseling. Cops are people. Some are jerks most are not, just like civilians.

maybe 99% of the people dont' hate cops, but speaking from personal experience, about that many that you come across hate you-and they tell you.

• 1 month later...

Not really defending the things that are alleged, here, but I do have to say that one sentence jumped out at me.

Cujdik's thugs would come into the stores armed with search warrants for selling otherwise innocuous items like small plastic bags that can also be used to package illegal drugs.

Recall once catching a snippet of my local radio station's "cop show". And what the officers were talking about was ways to spot drug dealers. And the way that they mentioned was 1 oz ziplock bags.

Their point was that they'd bet that most of you couldn't buy 1 oz ziplock bags if someone was holding your child hostage. There isn't even a place in our county that sells them legally. But every drug dealer has them by the thousands.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my first ticket since I was 17 today for rolling through a stop sign. Of course it was with nobody coming in any direction and without the slightest possibility of something negative happening if I didn't stop completely and say a quick Our Father before proceeding.

I love Police officers when they're doing police work; not fundraising. Ugh.

Doyler, see, that's obnoxious, but not really the point of this thread.

Sure, I just didn't want to start a thread for a minor grumble.

Reminds me of Jay-Z saying "You was doing 55 in a 54..." Splitting hairs in order to make that cash is not what police officers should be doing with their time. If I blew through it, or was speeding, sure, but it was just so transparent.

Sure, I just didn't want to start a thread for a minor grumble.

Reminds me of Jay-Z saying "You was doing 55 in a 54..." Splitting hairs in order to make that cash is not what police officers should be doing with their time. If I blew through it, or was speeding, sure, but it was just so transparent.

Traffic enforcement is the vending machine of the prison-industrial complex. A major felony costs at least $20k, with alot of that going to the state. Plus, prisons get money for all the prisoners they keep.

Their point was that they'd bet that most of you couldn't buy 1 oz ziplock bags if someone was holding your child hostage. There isn't even a place in our county that sells them legally. But every drug dealer has them by the thousands.

Sure you can. They are called jewelry bags.

http://www.nu-era.com/itemDetail.aspx?productId=11157&catID=823

http://www.cellobags-clear.com/cellobags/ziplock/P2pz.htm

There must be tons of places to get those bags. That is just two I easily found by doing a google search.

Wow... as a police officer myself I am somewhat suprised at the negativity toward police,, dont get me wrong.. most people i encounter hate cops but they are criminals so expected... its hard to judge decisions until you walk in our shoes and always are looking ober your shoulder for the cop hater to put a round in your head...

watch this the whole thing

i do understand there are bad cops but the percentage of bad cops is insanely small....we are given a lot of power and authority and just like everywhere in the world it can be abused...

Wow... as a police officer myself I am somewhat suprised at the negativity toward police,, dont get me wrong.. most people i encounter hate cops but they are criminals so expected... its hard to judge decisions until you walk in our shoes and always are looking ober your shoulder for the cop hater to put a round in your head...

watch this the whole thing

i do understand there are bad cops but the percentage of bad cops is insanely small....we are given a lot of power and authority and just like everywhere in the world it can be abused...

I'd rather have the city run by overly enthusiastic Police Officers than scum bag criminals.

• 1 month later...
I'd rather have the city run by overly enthusiastic Police Officers than scum bag criminals.

In extreme cases I agree. The problem is that when a criminal beats you, you don't end up with a criminal record that can potentially ruin you. When an *ahem* "overly enthusiastic" police officer beats you you get charged with assaulting an officer and other crimes... suddenly YOU are the criminal and have to explain these convictions to every employer and hope you avoid jail time.

Bad need to be removed from police forces "enthusiastically".

I'd rather have a town that doesn't believe in moronic notions like "you don't know what they have to deal with" and holds police officers to the highest standards in all cases. This also helps the town interact more with police which helps ensure that criminals don't get to run the place. There was a town hall on the radio for DC 4 years ago that I listened too. The major reason cited by city residents as to why they don't communicate with police was "crooked police officers tell the criminals who reported the crimes" the second was "snitching is wrong". This is important to note because without interaction criminals win... the two major hurdles are a less corrupt police force and cultural stupidity.

This is important to note because without interaction criminals win... the two major hurdles are a less corrupt police force and cultural stupidity.

This is where your superior intellect to us all always kills you when you are against us. You make our point with your closing. Fairfax county police are awesome public servants, police in crimeville probably not so much.

Places where the culture is corrupted are going to have corrupted police, but you in the meat of you accusation put it all on the police. You know, in your infinate wisdom, that the blame always lies in the people and the culture they create, but for some reason you always blame the police.

This is where your superior intellect to us all always kills you when you are against us. You make our point with your closing. Fairfax county police are awesome public servants, police in crimeville probably not so much.

Places where the culture is corrupted are going to have corrupted police, but you in the meat of you accusation put it all on the police. You know, in your infinate wisdom, that the blame always lies in the people and the culture they create, but for some reason you always blame the police.

1- Is that the way you normally talk or did you just finish playing an RPG?

2- I am focusing on police in this thread because it's the "POLICE gone wild" thread. They are the topic. I apologize if this violates your PC rulebook that says we must grovel at the feet of every government employee with a gun even when pointing out something they maybe sort of kinda of possibly did wrong... in a totally heroic way of course.

3- Culture and the failings of it in crime ridden areas always shares the blame. I'd love to discuss this more completely but this really isn't the thread for it. I'll give you the short version: when people accept an adversarial relationship with their enforcement arm of their own government, no positive result can be had because neither can rid themselves of criminals without the other.

Is that wise enough for you or did you want me to talk about the blame media and pop culture has too... don't want to anger the PC police.

I'll defend Destino on this one...he knows my background and we have had our fair share of cop discussions on this board- but I've also been one to stand up when I see or hear of a cop doing something wrong, and have no issue of people posting on it. I post anytime I read about a cop killing, especially when its someone I knew.

as far as the quote "you don't understand what they have to deal with"- that is as accurate as they come. While guys in war time are affected at a much quicker/intense pace- its really not that different than what cops see- but I've never used that as an excuse for a cop doing wrong- however it is a factor for the rampant drug/alcohol abuse/infedility etc - just as in military guys.

I have a police scanner App for my iPhone. I love it. I get the local agencies, as well as the town where I used to work. Maybe you guys should look into it- lol

Archived