Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Police Gone Wild thread

ACW

'Don't Taze My Granny!'

(CN) - Police Tasered an 86-year-old disabled grandma in her bed and stepped on her oxygen hose until she couldn't breathe, after her grandson called 911 seeking medical assistance, the woman and her grandson claim in Oklahoma City Federal Court. Though the grandson said, "Don't Taze my granny!" an El Reno police officer told another cop to "Taser her!" and wrote in his police report that he did so because the old woman "took a more aggressive posture in her bed," according to the complaint.

Click on the link for the full article

Lets back this one up: This deserves more:

Lonnie Tinsley claims that he called 911 after he went to check on his grandmother, whom he found in her bed, "connected to a portable oxygen concentrator with a long hose." She is "in marginal health, [and] takes several prescribed medications daily," and "was unable to tell him exactly when she had taken her meds," so, Tinsley says, he called 911 "to ask for an emergency medical technician to come to her apartment to evaluate her."

In response, "as many as ten El Reno police" officers "pushed their way through the door," according to the complaint.

The grandma, Lona Varner, "told them to get out of her apartment."

The remarkable complaint continues: "Instead, the apparent leader of the police [defendant Thomas Duran] instructed another policeman to 'Taser her!' He stated in his report that the 86 year-old plaintiff 'took a more aggressive posture in her bed,' and that he was fearful for his safety and the safety of others.

"Lonnie Tinsley told them, 'Don't taze my Granny!' to which they responded that they would Taser him; instead, they pulled him out of her apartment, took him down to the floor, handcuffed him and placed him in the back of a police car.

"The police then proceeded to approach Ms. Varner in her bed and stepped on her oxygen hose until she began to suffer oxygen deprivation.

"The police then fired a Taser at her and only one wire struck her, in the left arm; the police then fired a second Taser, striking her to the right and left of the midline of her upper chest and applied high voltage, causing burns to her chest, extreme pain and to pass out.

"The police then grabbed Ms. Varner by her forearms and jerked hands together, causing her soft flesh to tear and bleed on her bed; they then handcuffed her.

"The police freed Lonnie Tinsley from his incarceration in the back of the police car and permitted him to accompany the ambulance with his grandmother."

Tinsley says the cops capped it all off by having his grandmother "placed in the psychiatric ward at the direction of the El Reno police; she was held there for six days and released."

=================================================

They tasered her twice, stepped on her oxygen.

Shook her back awake after she passed out with the second taser causing her to bleed all over the place.

then had her admitted to a psych ward for 6 days.

That should cost all 10 of them their FREEDOM and about 50million dollars from the Precinct.

The other 9 cops should get an extra year for not stopping the Criminal leader.

Not to sound like and insensitive jerk but something tells me that there is more then just this side to the story. If im wrong then these LEO's deserve to be imprisoned and while there should be treated just as the murderers and child molesters would. (If you catch my drift....) I tried to search for more but couldnt find a cnn, msnbc, fox news, etc article about it.

http://www.boomantribune.com/story/2011/4/6/165153/3463

The police settled on the Tasering of the 86yr old woman on oxygen in bed that posed a threat to all 10 of them.

(with the reason of their call was due to her medicine not being right).

---------- Post added January-11th-2012 at 10:53 AM ----------

I don't get how people accept and even cheer on rape--even if the victims are criminals.

What?

Not to sound like and insensitive jerk but something tells me that there is more then just this side to the story.

If you're talking about the electrocuted granny the police report states that she pulled a knife out from under a pillow and did her best Walt Kowalski impression saying “If you try and get the knife, I will stab you and kill you. I killed four Japs in World War II, and I would not bat an eye killing you.”

police report here

warning link contains harsh language

If you're talking about the electrocuted granny the police report states that she pulled a knife out from under a pillow and did her best Walt Kowalski impression saying "If you try and get the knife, I will stab you and kill you. I killed four Japs in World War II, and I would not bat an eye killing you."

So you're saying there are two sides to every story? Who knew?

So they thought the 86yr old lady with the mixed up medicien was going to rip out the oxygen tube she needs to breathe, jump out of the bed with rails.

Skirt that portable toilet that is next to the bed because she can't walk.

And stab all 10 of them with a hypothetical knife that didn't really exist.

Why did so many cops arrive in the first place, this was not a crime scene, this was a "my Granny's medicine isn't right 911 call". for an ambulance.

So they thought the 86yr old lady with the mixed up medicien was going to rip out the oxygen tube she needs to breathe, jump out of the bed with rails.

Skirt that portable toilet that is next to the bed because she can't walk.

And stab all 10 of them with a hypothetical knife that didn't really exist.

Why did so many cops arrive in the first place, this was not a crime scene, this was a "my Granny's medicine isn't right 911 call". for an ambulance.

Hypothetical Knife that didnt really exist? Yeah, your real impartial here....

---------- Post added January-11th-2012 at 02:01 PM ----------

I don't get how people accept and even cheer on rape--even if the victims are criminals.

Wow way to jump to extremes. I never mentioned rape. Merely trying to imply that those 2 offender groups in prison are treated as the lowest of the low. Sex Offenders in particular.

Hypothetical Knife that didnt really exist? Yeah, your real impartial here....

I'm sorry but knife or no knife there's no ****ing justification for having to use a taser to subdue the lady in the above picture. None in the world. Hell, if you see she's honorary just give up and leave, why even pursue it further?

So you're saying there are two sides to every story? Who knew?

Whenever a police misconduct story comes out what I look for something that is reasonable and likely. Most things in life aren't going to deviate wildly in such a manner that it sounds like a poorly thought out hollywood script. In this case I'm not willing to accept that a troop of police officers showed up when grandma couldn't remember if she took her meds and just up and decided to torture her. That makes exactly no sense and reads like a bad horror movie about demonic cops.

---------- Post added January-11th-2012 at 02:32 PM ----------

I'm sorry but knife or no knife there's no ****ing justification for having to use a taser to subdue the lady in the above picture. None in the world. Hell, if you see she's honorary just give up and leave, why even pursue it further?

Are you sure? Note that she suffered a laceration which is not uncommon to elderly bed ridden folks that are fragile and thin skinned. I think that if they attempted to grab her she could easily have suffered much more damage in the form of skin tearing, bruising, and broken bones. What they should have done is turned the TV and left for 5 minutes. She'd have been out cold. :)

Whenever a police misconduct story comes out what I look for something that is reasonable and likely. Most things in life aren't going to deviate wildly in such a manner that it sounds like a poorly thought out hollywood script. In this case I'm not willing to accept that a troop of police officers showed up when grandma couldn't remember if she took her meds and just up and decided to torture her. That makes exactly no sense and reads like a bad horror movie about demonic cops.

Thank you X1000. I was hoping I wasnt the only one who saw this.

Wow way to jump to extremes. I never mentioned rape. Merely trying to imply that those 2 offender groups in prison are treated as the lowest of the low. Sex Offenders in particular.

Which entails what exactly? What is your "drift"?

And it's not just you. Everywhere, always, I see people talk about rape in prison, almost cheering it. I just don't get it.

Anyway, while I'm in this thread, this was uploaded today:

it makes no sense.....yet the El Reno Police Department settled the case by awarding Ms. Varner and her grandson an undisclosed sum of money rather than go to trial.

unless all 10 highly trained officers truly were scared of her and her orange peeling knife.

I don't care if the person is 6 years old or 86 years old, if they are agitated and brandishing a knife as a weapon they can seriously hurt someone. Let's just keep that in mind as part of the discussion.

see your point.....should've sent 20 highly trained police officers.

knife.jpg

Which entails what exactly? What is your "drift"?

And it's not just you. Everywhere, always, I see people talk about rape in prison, almost cheering it. I just don't get it.

Humiliated, physically abused, shunned, cast out,etc.... You know the actions other then rape, the less publicized forms of social control by the inmates within the prison. .

it makes no sense.....yet the El Reno Police Department settled the case by awarding Ms. Varner and her grandson an undisclosed sum of money rather than go to trial.

unless all 10 highly trained officers truly were scared of her and her orange peeling knife.

Not surprisingly, part of their training is on how not to get stabbed.

Not surprisingly, part of their training is on how not to get stabbed.

.....and yet even with all that special police officering training....all 10 highly trained officers were scared/threatened enough by an 86 year old bed-ridden woman....on oxygen....and her "aggressive manner"..... that they had to taser her multiple times.....

.....then acknowledge their ridiculous/cowardly actions by paying her a cash settlement instead of going to trial.

......or maybe all 10 officers just missed that day of training.

.....and yet even with all that special police officering training....all 10 highly trained officers were scared/threatened enough by an 86 year old bed-ridden woman....on oxygen....and her "aggressive manner"..... that they had to taser her multiple times.....

.....then acknowledge their ridiculous/cowardly actions by paying her a cash settlement instead of going to trial.

......or maybe all 10 officers just missed that day of training.

It's easy to armchair cop a situation that involves a deadly weapon. It's entirely different to be IN that situation.

And a settlement isn't necessarily an admission of guilt. (Though it is often certainly implied.) Maybe the chief viewed it as a better option than having 10 of his officers subpoenaed for repeated hearings (and having to pay them overtime while they're NOT doing their jobs) and having his department vilified in the newspaper during an extended trial.

Archived