Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Police Gone Wild thread

ACW

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B45QPOfpZcE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B45QPOfpZcE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

So let me ask you all something, are the two cops who kicked him the only bad cops there? Or are all the other cops standing around doing absolutely nothing to stop it and seemingly didn't later report it also bad cops?

So let me ask you all something, are the two cops who kicked him the only bad cops there? Or are all the other cops standing around doing absolutely nothing to stop it and seemingly didn't later report it also bad cops?

Look like he was guilty of being Hispanic while they were looking for a Hispanic.

:ols: "verified suspect"

Well I mean until someone is convicted they are just a suspect. So what I meant by verified suspect is someone they arrested or are about to arrest.

Feel free to take a shot at my original question. No right or wrong answer. Just an opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Autistic Teen: Police Used Taser On Me

ATLANTA - A Tybee Island teen with autism and a heart condition claims police used a Taser on him.

Clifford Grevemberg says police twice used a Taser on him and threw him to the ground on Friday night, breaking one of his front teeth and scraping his face and knee. The 18-year-old was arrested on a disorderly conduct charge.

He says police approached him after he sat down on the curb and put his head in his arms. A police dispatcher said Sunday nobody was available to comment.

Grevemberg's brother, Dario Mariani, says officers told him Grevemberg was being drunk and disorderly. He says he responded that the youth is a special needs child who has never had alcohol.

• 1 month later...

This is so ****ed up...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFb9VmBpQRM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFb9VmBpQRM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This is so ****ed up...

Cameras are changing everything. It used to be that if there was an incident, the police officer would just testify that he did nothing wrong, and that would be the end of it in 99 percent of cases. Who are you going to believe, an officer of the law or a lying criminal? And absent any other real evidence, the police always closed ranks around the officers.

Maybe cameras will be the thing that finally helps the 98 percent of good LEOs rid themselves of the 2 percent of bad apples. :whoknows:

Cameras are changing everything. It used to be that if there was an incident, the police officer would just testify that he did nothing wrong, and that would be the end of it in 99 percent of cases. Who are you going to believe, an officer of the law or a lying criminal? And absent any other real evidence, the police always closed ranks around the officers.

Maybe cameras will be the thing that finally helps the 98 percent of good LEOs rid themselves of the 2 percent of bad apples. :whoknows:

I'm not gonna say there aren't cops that make stupid decisions- and should rightfully be punished- just thankful I worked in a dept of about 125 officers and other than some typical "higher ups" vs patrol type political crap, 2 people were fired for misconduct- one for lying about staying at his g/f's house on duty time and the other for sleeping w/ prostitutes. Never use of force issues.

I can also honestly say that at the first sight of something wrong, people spoke up. I think the attitude for most is really changing when it comes to the "thin blue line". But again, not always.

I think a hot topic of police conduct that is on the rise is pursuit limits, how long to chase and the dangers associated w/ that and such.

What pisses me off is how laws are being passed to make it illegal to video tape police. Yes, the police will put cameras on every street corner, thumb scan you, frame you, call you a terrorist and threaten to ruin your life, but don't you dare think of video taping out of control cops. Maryland has this law, which means you can be put in jail for 3-15 years if you're found guilty.

The camera is the great equalizer in today's political climate. They create these laws to just ban everything so that they can selectively enforce it on who they want.

(FYI, I am not anti cop or anything. I am anti corrupt cop. One of my greatest friends is a police officer in Alexandria).

Bye the way, if you want a real display of police state, you need to look no further than what happened at the G20 in Pittsburgh.

This is so ****ed up...

It's truly ****ed up that the officer kept hitting him with the baton but the start of that confrontation was caused by the inmate. The officer did give him a push into the cell but when a person is rightfully imprisoned they should not expect to be treated with the same respect one would give an innocent old lady. The inmate turned to the cop and took a defiant stance which led to some hands being raised. Once it goes there, it's curtains for the inmate and that guy asked for a confrontation. Once you start a confrontation you don't get to say when it ends.

'Don't Taze My Granny!'

(CN) - Police Tasered an 86-year-old disabled grandma in her bed and stepped on her oxygen hose until she couldn't breathe, after her grandson called 911 seeking medical assistance, the woman and her grandson claim in Oklahoma City Federal Court. Though the grandson said, "Don't Taze my granny!" an El Reno police officer told another cop to "Taser her!" and wrote in his police report that he did so because the old woman "took a more aggressive posture in her bed," according to the complaint.

Click on the link for the full article

'Don't Taze My Granny!'

(CN) - Police Tasered an 86-year-old disabled grandma in her bed and stepped on her oxygen hose until she couldn't breathe, after her grandson called 911 seeking medical assistance, the woman and her grandson claim in Oklahoma City Federal Court. Though the grandson said, "Don't Taze my granny!" an El Reno police officer told another cop to "Taser her!" and wrote in his police report that he did so because the old woman "took a more aggressive posture in her bed," according to the complaint.

I saw that article the other day. Another disgusting display of power tripping thuggery.

It's truly ****ed up that the officer kept hitting him with the baton but the start of that confrontation was caused by the inmate. The officer did give him a push into the cell but when a person is rightfully imprisoned they should not expect to be treated with the same respect one would give an innocent old lady. The inmate turned to the cop and took a defiant stance which led to some hands being raised. Once it goes there, it's curtains for the inmate and that guy asked for a confrontation. Once you start a confrontation you don't get to say when it ends.

Wow. Talk about a fail. Turn the sound up on the vid or google a news piece on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Trooper barred from airport duty

Orders abruptly changed for officer disciplined for improper conduct

Massachusetts State Trooper James Michael Vines was on patrol when he parked his cruiser on Boston’s Tobin Bridge, stepped inside a cramped tollbooth, and asked the startled toll collector for a kiss.

“I was literally in shock,’’ said the toll collector, adding that she felt trapped as the armed, uniformed officer hovered over her in November 2005 as traffic streamed by. “I said, ‘I really think you should leave.’ ’’

She is one of three women who filed complaints with the State Police in the past decade accusing Vines of sexually inappropriate behavior.

In one case, he was cleared. In the two other instances, including the one in the tollbooth, he admitted to acting improperly and was punished.

Yesterday afternoon, after a 30-day suspension for conduct unbecoming an officer, State Police told the 47-year-old Vines he could return to work today at Logan International Airport, where one of the incidents occurred and where two of his victims work.

Then, in an abrupt reversal after inquiries from the Globe, the State Police announced late yesterday that the decision to return Vines to the airport had been rescinded and he would be transferred, effective today, to Troop H in South Boston.

Vines, a married father of two, joined the Metropolitan District Commission police in 1983 and became a trooper when that agency merged with the State Police nine years later. He has been assigned to Logan Airport since 2005 and earned more than $129,500 last year.

In 2001, a motorist filed a complaint with State Police alleging that Vines stopped her for speeding on the Massachusetts Turnpike, told her she was cute, and tossed an envelope into her car with his name and pager number on it.

Vines said his actions were misconstrued, and he was cleared of any wrongdoing after the woman refused to cooperate with the investigation, according to police reports.

The toll collector filed a complaint after Vines came into the booth in late 2005. She said she had no relationship with him and was frightened by the encounter.

“I was kind of shaking, trapped in a booth with a state trooper standing behind me and traffic coming,’’ she said. “When he ever said, ‘How about a kiss?’ I kind of was just in shock.’’

Seven months after the incident, Vines admitted to violating department rules by engaging in unbecoming conduct and neglect of duty. He lost three vacation days and was ordered to take remedial sexual harassment training.

The 43-year-old woman said State Police told her Vines would be banned from working on the Tobin Bridge, but she came face-to-face with him in May 2009 when he was working a detail there.

After officials of the Massachusetts Port Authority complained, State Police said the agreement to ban Vines from the bridge was informal, but agreed to abide by it in the future, according to police reports.

While reviewing the case, State Police discovered that Vines had failed to take the required sexual harassment training. He completed the training in June 2009, three years after it was ordered, State Police said.

The restaurant manager who filed the most recent complaint against Vines said she met him last fall when he would come into the food court while in uniform and ask her for free chicken samples.

She said Vines saw her coming out of a bank at a terminal carrying a heavy bag filled with coins in November and gave her a ride in his cruiser to the terminal where she worked. She said he was respectful.

The following month, the woman said, Vines offered her a ride from the bank again, only this time he was in casual clothes, driving his own car. As they drove through the terminal, she said Vines called her sexy and beautiful, then told her to look at his pants, and indicated that she had aroused him.

“I was afraid,’’ said the woman, who waited a month to report the incident. “I didn’t want any trouble. I didn’t want him to be upset and come in and kill me. He has a gun.’’

The woman said she ignored Vines, but he would sit in the food court staring at her. She filed her complaint with State Police in January.

Vancouver cop apologizes for pushing disabled woman

VANCOUVER—A Vancouver police officer has apologized after he was caught on video tape pushing a woman with multiple sclerosis down to the ground in the one of the country’s poorest neighbourhoods.

The 65-second video was uploaded to the web Thursday by the B.C. Civil Liberties Association.

It shows the 26-year-old disabled woman trying to weave her way through three male officers on a busy Downtown Eastside street last month.

One of the officers then appears to shove the woman to the ground, before walking away. The two other officers do not intervene.

• 2 weeks later...

Provo police officer fired after sex-abuse allegations

By Erin Alberty

The Salt Lake Tribune

Aug 5, 2010

A Provo police officer is accused of groping a woman after saying he would arrest her if she did not show him her breasts.

Jeffery Westerman, 33, was fired from the police department after a woman claimed July 23 that Westerman sexually abused her during an accident investigation the night before, said Utah County sheriff’s Lt. Mike Brower.

The woman, 29, was driving near 300 South and University Avenue when her car collided with another, according to jail documents. Westerman arrived at the scene and sent the other motorist away. He then conducted field sobriety tests on the woman, who “wasn’t performing well,” witnesses said. Westerman tried to handcuff her, but he couldn’t because of a splint on her arm.

Instead, the woman said he searched her car and began “swearing and yelling at her,” jail documents state.

Westerman told the woman “he was going to arrest her for a felony, or he gave her the option of exposing her breasts to him,” according to jail documents.

“The victim stated that she didn’t want to go to jail, and she was afraid, so she lifted her top and exposed her breasts to him,” police wrote.

The woman said Westerman fondled her breasts and made “crude sexual comments,” police wrote.

After the woman replaced her top, Westerman told her “he was going to have to explain to his supervisor why he let a DUI drive home, ... and she needed to do it again,” jail documents state.

After Westerman fondled her again, he drove away, police wrote.

Detectives reviewed surveillance footage from the scene that was consistent with the victim’s report, Brower said. Westerman later made false statements to investigators in the case, Brower said.

• 1 month later...

Family outraged after officer shoots dog

Family members claim they called police for help Wednesday morning, but when officers arrived, they were treated like criminals and an officer shot and killed their family dog. It all unfolded in the 1100 block of Fiji Lane in Landover.

Four-year-old Mercedes, a Rottweiler mix, is the latest dog shot and killed by police in Prince George's County.

Dog owner Sterling Barlow said about Mercedes, "Cold blood... Shot in the head for no reason."

The problem started when owner Sterling Barlow's brother pulled into the family driveway after work early Wednesday morning. The family claims two men immediately approached, armed with a gun and demanding his car. The brother managed to fight them off, ran into the house and came back out firing his gun.

"If somebody did that to your family you will retaliate the best way you know how," said Barlow.

After a shootout with the alleged robbers, the two brothers called police. When police arrived, Barlow says things got out of hand with the officers and his innocent dog paid the tragic price.

Barlow said, "One grabs me in the head lock and starts punching me in the face."

Mother Dwana Barlow said, "The police officer wouldn't even let me go to the bathroom... and held me hostage in my own house."

While being wrestled to the ground by five different cops, Barlow and witnesses in the neighborhood tell us a female Prince George's County officer shot the dog in the head.

Barlow stated, "While this was going on I said 'please, don't point a gun at my dog.' I begged her. She didn't need to be involved in this. She was in the yard."

But Barlow was arrested and charged with multiple crimes, including insulting an officer. Police say the officer acted appropriately when shooting the dog.

Neighbor Barbara Wells said, "The dog did not attack anyone. He never approached anyone. Even as the officers grabbed Sterling the dog didn't do anything."

Police spent hours Wednesday searching for the full police report. Around 10:30 p.m. Wednesday, police called ABC 7 News on the phone and confirmed that an officer did shoot and kill the dog out of self defense. There will be a police investigation but that officer will not be placed on administrative leave.

The alleged robbers have not been found.

Neighbors called police to report the shooting, and when police arrived to find a crowd of people gathered in the street, they had no knowledge of the attempted carjacking, Ellis said Thursday.

"The officers have to take control of the situation," Ellis said. "It's a chaotic situation. They are trying to control the situation and investigate the situation after that."

Barlow said he and his brother, Sterling Barlow, 24, who also lives in the house, were confused about why officers would order them on the ground with guns drawn when Micah was the victim of the carjacking.

Barlow should have hit the grass when told, but this portion of the report bothers me because it once again shows police officers arriving to regulate before they investigate. It tells me that when police show up at your home, you're going to be forced into submission before they protect and serve. Basically this man was beaten and robbed by assailants, then beaten and robbed of his rights and a member of his family (pet) by police. Infuriating.

(But when the police say hit the dirt, you hit the dirt.)

Complaint: Cathedral City police officer stripped down naked for swim

The three women lounging in a pool and sipping drinks were surprised to see a uniformed police officer suddenly appear on the patio.

They later told investigators they were stunned as the Cathedral City officer unbuckled his gun belt, unbuttoned his shirt, dropped his pants and underwear and jumped into the pool.

“We just couldn't believe he was actually getting into the pool,” one of the women told The Desert Sun on Wednesday.

The couple who own the house, as well as their two friends, filed a complaint with the Cathedral City Police Department early Wednesday, claiming the on-duty officer who responded to a neighbor's noise complaint ended up naked in the pool.

A police spokesman declined to comment on the specifics of the complaint, but confirmed the department placed an officer on paid leave Wednesday while he is investigated for misconduct.

The department has also asked the Riverside County district attorney to conduct a criminal investigation, Lt. Chuck Robinson said.

Police say that an initial call was received at 3:45 a.m. from someone complaining about noise in the 35-000 block of Maria Road.

Fifteen minutes later, police received a call about an officer in the pool.

The Desert Sun interviewed the couple who own the home and one of the women who was in the pool. They asked not to be identified because they say they are embarrassed and because they had been told by detectives to keep a low profile while the investigation is ongoing.

They said the wife and two female friends were in the pool when the officer came to the door.

The husband, 37, said he answered the door and was told by the officer he needed to investigate the noise complaint. The man said the officer walked through the house to the pool.

The women, who said they had been drinking, said they chatted with the officer briefly and joked that he should join them.

They say he then stripped, left his holstered gun on a poolside table, and jumped into the pool.

The officer followed the women around the pool, flirtatiously “playing footsy” for about 10 minutes, the husband said.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived