Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Cash Lot Parking Thread (merged)

Mark The Homer

OK...I want a cheap cash lot (20-25 bucks).

Which lot should I go to.

I was told there is a parking lot across from the church, does anybody know what exit that is/address/directions?

All the info you seek is in the first post in this thread.

Are there any shuttles from the Metro stations to the stadium? I'm considering going to Morgan Blvd Station. I don't mind the walk, but would prefer to take a shuttle bus if available. If "yes", is there a charge?

There are no shuttles from the Morgan Blvd. stop (or any metro stop) to the stadium. It is exactly a 1 mile walk (15-20 mins) from the station to FedEx Field.

All the info you seek is in the first post in this thread.

There are no shuttles from the Morgan Blvd. stop (or any metro stop) to the stadium. It is exactly a 1 mile walk (15-20 mins) from the station to FedEx Field.

Thanks! The walk will do me good anyway!

OK...I want a cheap cash lot (20-25 bucks).

Which lot should I go to.

I was told there is a parking lot across from the church, does anybody know what exit that is/address/directions?

It's exactly $25 to park at the Morgan Blvd metro. The walk isn't terrible and the good thing is, you can typically pull out and head right into traffic from there and not worry about the bottle neck at the gates to the stadium parking. It'll save you a lot of time and to me, is worth the walk.

It's exactly $25 to park at the Morgan Blvd metro. The walk isn't terrible and the good thing is, you can typically pull out and head right into traffic from there and not worry about the bottle neck at the gates to the stadium parking. It'll save you a lot of time and to me, is worth the walk.

This is true about the ease of entry/exit into the metro lots, but keep in mind that all tailgating is strictly prohibited. If you are looking to have a few cold ones by your car before the game I would park in the cash lots mentioned in the OP.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys I am new to the board, and I am heading to the game this weekend. I haven't been in a few years and was wondering if anyone knew whether or not they still have parking at apollo drive and also if tailgating is allowed there. Sorry if this has already been discussed, help would be appreciated. HTTR

Apollo Dr lots are no longer. Cash parking is available across from the church on Arena Dr. inside the beltway (identified as Jericho Cash Parking on the parking map) Not sure the cost but believe $25 or $35. Tailgating is permitted.

Friends of ours that meet us at the games often use it and say it quite nice and spacious. Also pretty close.

So the church folk are "ripping us off" more than Danny. Where's all the haters? Danny's parking spaces are paved and a closer walk.... :D

I would be extremely surprised to find cash parking for under $40 within a mile of the stadium for the Dallas game. The operators vary their price based on supply and demand (you could find several relatively close lots for $20-$25 when the team was bad in '09 and '10).

I would be extremely surprised to find cash parking for under $40 within a mile of the stadium for the Dallas game. The operators vary their price based on supply and demand (you could find several relatively close lots for $20-$25 when the team was bad in '09 and '10).
Old Copper Lot is $25. I asked the operators if they would raise price for playoffs and was told most likely not, but if they did it would only be $30.

• 8 months later...

so the question is how much do these cash lots cost?? Is one better than the other??    I was hoping to park here and head over to ES tailgate. 

Brightseat Rd.?

Jericho City Drive?

Barlowe Rd?

Apollo Dr?

McCormick Dr?

• 11 months later...

I parked at the Copper/Tailgate/Barlowe Road lot for the Browns preseason game.  Price was $25.  The guy taking the money said that they would be selling a season pass placard at the first home game and he thought it would sell for $175.  He also said that the price would be $25 per game for the 2014 season. 

This lot is not too far from the ES tailgate, but I would not plan on carrying anything heavy or trying to make a return trip to your car from the ES tailgate. 

The lot is not very well lit, but I used the flashlight app on my phone to walk from Redskins road over to my car.

Also, there were some signs advertising parking for $25 at the small strip wall across Redskins Road from the Barlowe Road lot.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone confirm the $25 price for Barlowe Road for the 2014 regular season games? I plan on parking there for the Giants game and walking over to the ES tailgate. Also, how is this lot when it is wet? Thanks

$25 confirmed. Lot is roughly mowed, wild field grass with gravel roads between the rows. Shouldn't be too muddy aside from the path to the sidewalk.

Barlowe road lot was $25 for the Giants game.  Very easy to get into the lot around 5:30 PM and I walked over to ES.

I left with about 8 Mins to go in the game.  The orange and green lots were spilling onto Redskins road and traffic was going nowhere fast.  I walked to my car, turned on the ignition and drove out without stopping at all until I got to the light at Barlowe road and 202.  I turned right and waited a few mins at the light where 202 and Redskins Road/Brightseat meet up.  Once I got past that light, it was smooth sailing. 

I would encourage anyone who does not have a parking pass to try this lot out.  If I had a green pass, I would be very tempted to give it up and use this lot full time.  The only downside is that it is impractical to return to the car from the ES tailgate and whatever you bring you need to carry over. Other than that, this lot should be called the Gold lot, because that's what it is.  I would have said Platinum, but Snyder already has a Platinum lot.

We park for $30 just before you get to Jericho (but not related to Jericho).  If you are coming up 214 from the West, make that right by McDonalds - and about a mile or so around the corner is parking in an office building.  Takes us about 20 mins to walk and line up to get in the game.  And you can tailgate there.

If I could get some harder info such as an address or even a street name, I'd love to put this in the OP. 

Re opening time, the cash lot on Barlowe is open 24/7, which means you can drive in there and park as early as you want.  I can see them up there on the hill in the early morning hours while Pez, Huly, and I are standing around wondering where in the hell everybody else is.  When the attendants finally arrive, they will walk over to you and get your money, which is apparently $25 cash. 

Also, don't forget the gray lot is a cash lot nowadays, if you're in a pinch.  I think they want $40 cash.  Kinda high since the Barlowe Rd lot is only a block away. 

As far as shuttles - there are shuttle buses from the grey lot to the Stadium.  It lets out on the ring road in front of the D Gate.  Getting on it though, might be kinda tricky.  I think it might be for handicapped and employees, but very few people who get off that bus are limping.  I know because it empties out right near where I tailgate, but most of them seem to be employees.  Several years ago, a buddy I know used to park for free in the employee lot and board a similar shuttle bus from the employee lot in the back of the mall back in the day.  The shuttle was for employees, but he always told the driver "I'm an assistant manager at Hooters", and they let him ride every time. 

Re opening time, the cash lot on Barlowe is open 24/7, which means you can drive in there and park as early as you want.  I can see them up there on the hill in the early morning hours while Pez, Huly, and I are standing around wondering where in the hell everybody else is.  When the attendants finally arrive, they will walk over to you and get your money, which is apparently $25 cash. 

And what happens if you are already on Redskins Rd. when they come to collect the money? I could leave an envelope with the money in it on the windshield but I'd be afraid some one would steal it. I guess I could walk back over before the stadium lots open if I ever have to use this lot.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived