Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Cash Lot Parking Thread (merged)

Mark The Homer

Thanks, I parked in the lot behind Cap Center and my gf wasn't happy about the walk. Besides the church cash lot, what's the next closest cash lot?

The cash lot I'm talking about is at the corner of Brightseat and Landover. It's closer than the Caps Center, but there may be another one closer, I'm not sure.

• 9 months later...

I am a new season ticket holder and decided to bypass the parking permits for this season. So I was wondering what are the best cash lots around the stadium, and how much do they cost? A couple seasons ago I remember going to a grassy field with a good view of the stadium for $25.. On friday I got off on Arena drive and was instantly corralled into some $35 lot with no way to drive around due to conveniently set up cones...

There's a street just outside the "official" lots that has a row of houses which are opened up for parking by their owners before each game. It's usually $25, and if you make sure to pick a house where you can park without subsequent cars blocking your exit, it's damn convenient.

Can you give me a street name?

I don't remember the name, I just know it visually. After you turn onto Arena Drive headed towards the stadium, take the first right. There will be house after house after house with cars parked in the driveway and front yard. Some of these guys have space to hold ten cars, they make a killing every gameday.

MTH.....I think he meant turn left...I saw signs saying parking for $25 if you turned LEFT at the first light on the Arean drive exit. If people are charging for parking on their property more power to them, but I don't think its legal (probably some type of zoning violation). This will be interesting to follow.

Does anybody know if the $10 Library of Congress Annex parking was open for the Bills game? We drove by it around 5 PM and there was a police car sitting at the entrance. I hope that lot is back for 2010. It was a great place to park if you did not have a parking pass and did not mind the walk.

From the beltway onto Arena Dr, the first right is Brightseat and up the road are office buildings.

Do you mean from 202?

Here: www.mapquest.com

Try to give me a street name. Thanks

Man, do I sound so incredibly dumb that you actually felt like you had to link Mapquest for me? :ols:

Anyway, I did goof a bit, I confused Arena Drive with "Redskins Road," which I'd never really paid attention to. You take 202/Landover Road to Brightseat Road and turn onto it. Before you hit the official parking lots, you'll hit an intersection. This intersection is confusing, so bear with me. If you keep going straight, the road you're on is no longer Brightseat Road, at least according to Mapquest. It's Redskins Road. Turning left at the intersection puts you on the continuation of Brightseat, which goes on to encircle much of the FedEx parking zone. And turning right puts you on Sheriff Road, which is where the houses are.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm taking my 7 year old daughter to her first game on Sunday. We have good seats but no parking pass. We live in Roanoke Va and will be driving home right after the game. If I get on the road quickly we could be home by midnight. From looking at the maps you posted it looks like the best cash lot for us to get out early will be the Jericho cash lot and then we could jump on 495 south.

Any thoughts on the best cash lot to exit 495 south quickly after the game. We are willing to leave early to get the best lot for us. How early should we arrive to have a choice?

After this research is complete I'm going to search for the Extremeskins tailgate thread!

I'm taking my 7 year old daughter to her first game on Sunday. We have good seats but no parking pass. We live in Roanoke Va and will be driving home right after the game. If I get on the road quickly we could be home by midnight. From looking at the maps you posted it looks like the best cash lot for us to get out early will be the Jericho cash lot and then we could jump on 495 south.

Any thoughts on the best cash lot to exit 495 south quickly after the game. We are willing to leave early to get the best lot for us. How early should we arrive to have a choice?

After this research is complete I'm going to search for the Extremeskins tailgate thread!

wow, drive home safe man that is a long drive

Archived