Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Cash Lot Parking Thread (merged)

Mark The Homer

Yes, Barlowe Rd. is a great spot and a good price.  The only down side I can think of is when it's raining, it might be kind of mucky since it's not paved, but I can't say for sure since I never park there. 

But one should monitor stubhub for Green, Orange, and Purple passes the week prior (buy on Thursday at the latest).  You never know when prices will drop for a particular game, and the price you see is the price you pay - there is no additional fee for overnight shipping. 

Here's another parking spot I wasn't aware of that is off Arena Dr. 

http://www.parkwhiz.com/p/hyattsville-parking/1019-brightseat-rd/

You buy the pass electronically in advance for $30.  It appears the lot is paved.  Not sure if they take cash on game day, and not sure how much they want in cash if they do.  Don't buy these on Stubhub - the prices is jacked for some reason. 

Library of congress was closed a few years ago after there was a theft during a game. (That's what the guy at the entrance told us when we tried to park there)....I highly recommend Barlowe Road.

Library of Congress? Do tell more. Was it just the name of a parking lot in Landover, or was the actual LoC with shuttle service to Raljon?

Library of congress was closed a few years ago after there was a theft during a game. (That's what the guy at the entrance told us when we tried to park there)....I highly recommend Barlowe Road.

Ok thanks. I think I'm going to use it! 

Library of Congress? Do tell more. Was it just the name of a parking lot in Landover, or was the actual LoC with shuttle service to Raljon?

Library of Congress building used to be free but my buddy who used to park there said you can't park there anymore during games.  However there is a lot with a red tall building, if you get there early before the lots open, you can park there for free.  

• 10 months later...

For anyone that has been to preseason games this year....   Have there been any updates to the cash lots for the 2015 season?  My brother and I will be travelling from DE for the home opener, and I'm trying to plan our route in advance.

From what I can tell, the closest options seem to be Jericho church or Barlowe road.  Is there any advantage to one versus the other (other then cost difference) ?  I'm trying to find a lot that is easily accessible around 10:00 am, but is also not extremely crazy trying to get back to 495 after the game.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Does anyone know if the cash lot off of Barlowe road has lights?  I have parked there several times, but never for a night game.  I'm trying to determine if it makes more sense to spend the extra money to be closer to the stadium in a lot that I know has lights. 

I parked there for the Buffalo preseason game. We got there around 3:45.  The lot was already open and we were about the 2nd car to park there.  The price was still $25. 

I THINK there was one light set up on the edge near Brightseat.  I don't think it was even on when we went back to the lot after the game ended and we stayed to the VERY end.  I don't remember it being all that dark when we went back to the lot.  I think there was some light from the lots across the street that partially lit up the Barlowe Road lot.  I know I did not turn on my flashlight app on my phone as it was not needed.  BTW, we waited in traffic for about 15 -20 mins to cross the intersection at Brightseat post game.  The stadium traffic was getting a ridiculous amount of time...people around us started honking since we sat for so long.

21 minutes ago, MarkB452 said:

I THINK there was one light set up on the edge near Brightseat.  I don't think it was even on when we went back to the lot after the game ended and we stayed to the VERY end.  I don't remember it being all that dark when we went back to the lot.  I think there was some light from the lots across the street that partially lit up the Barlowe Road lot.  I know I did not turn on my flashlight app on my phone as it was not needed.  BTW, we waited in traffic for about 15 -20 mins to cross the intersection at Brightseat post game.  The stadium traffic was getting a ridiculous amount of time...people around us started honking since we sat for so long.

If I remember correctly, last year when I parked there we exited the same way we came in.  Out to Barlowe Rd, then I turned left onto Landover Rd and missed most of the traffic.  Is that not the case anymore ?

Thanks for the info about the light.  I'm taking my son to the game and I was picturing us walking across a pitch black lot after the game.

We got on Barlowe road and turned RIGHT on Landover Rd to try to get to the beltway....probably should have turned left and gone through DC as our destination was Fredericksburg VA.

Also, the cars in the Barlowe road lot will have their lights on as well, so it should not be pitch dark.

Let us know how it goes...If I go to the Carolina game in Dec, I will park there.

Well the game was horrendous, but parking and traffic was super easy. I parked in the barlowe rd lot. After the game I went out to the light at barlowe and landover and turned left. About a half mile down I got onto route 704 to route 50. I'd say it took 10 minutes from when we got to the car to when I was on 50 heading home. No stadium traffic at all. We were heading to Delaware so this might not work for everyone but I highly recommend it. 

Not sure where else to put this...I am coming down to the game Sunday and I have Red parking.  I think I read somewhere that they have "enhanced" the red lot with music and food trucks.  Did anyone see this on Monday night?  Just curious, as I would probably just buy something from a food truck as opposed to lugging along my grill.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, ATown Jacoby said:

Not sure where else to put this...I am coming down to the game Sunday and I have Red parking.  I think I read somewhere that they have "enhanced" the red lot with music and food trucks.  Did anyone see this on Monday night?  Just curious, as I would probably just buy something from a food truck as opposed to lugging along my grill.

Thanks!

I think the food trucks were just for the home opener this year but someone can correct me. Last year there were no food trucks in the redzone lot at any game that I remember.

There was a band at every game though, in the middle of the lot close to the road where everyone walks up to the stadium, Also there is a portable bathroom complete with running water and sinks off to one side of the stage for the band, much better than the don jons lol

• 3 weeks later...

...not sure if one lot is better than the other...maybe the church lot?  Also, I recommend using the Waze app to get yourself home.  You MIGHT be better off taking RT 301 to 207 to I95 south, but that depends on the beltway/I95 south traffic.  I have a friend who comes up to the games from Richmond VA and he often goes that way.

Archived