Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Cash Lot Parking Thread (merged)

Mark The Homer

So I got a bum ankle so which cash lot would be the shortest distance for walking and how much time before should I get there?

Mark is correct about the Jericho lot being closest. There are three and I would suggest the large gravel lot closest to FedEx Field. Used to be one of the red lots. Drive to the top of the hill as close as they will let you. There is a cut through at the top of the hill directly onto FedEx property.

Then text the Redskins to request a golf cart to pick you up in the first lot and they will drive you for free down to your gate. Sometimes you will get lucky and one will be waiting for handicapped and elderly. Getting a cart going back is tough to find sometimes but you can text the Skins again to pick you up from whatever gate you are leaving from. You can notify a parking lot attendant or text SKINS and your location to 78247. Alternatively, you may also call the Operations hotline at (301) 276-6100.

And guys....this is for the handicapped, disabled and elderly....temporarily disabled is fine.

If you ankle is really bad, you can get a wheel chair assist from one of the customer service windows

We thought the copper lot was great for it's relative distance to the stadium and amount of space we were allowed to take up. Friendly folks all around too. Only problem was after the game where the light wasn't turning for some reason resulting in over an hour waiting to drive the 2/10ths of a mile to the beltway. Unreal. Next time we'll just hang out longer in the lot afterwards I guess. Definitely going to return for a late season game.

We thought the copper lot was great for it's relative distance to the stadium and amount of space we were allowed to take up. Friendly folks all around too. Only problem was after the game where the light wasn't turning for some reason resulting in over an hour waiting to drive the 2/10ths of a mile to the beltway. Unreal. Next time we'll just hang out longer in the lot afterwards I guess. Definitely going to return for a late season game.

So, that's how I got out on Redskin Road so fast. :ols:

Looks like the $10 cash lot at the library of congress buidling is back. I saw the signs at the traffic light on Arena drive today, but did not drive down to check it out. Anyways, if you don't mind a bit of a walk and want to save a ton of dough on parking, try it out. I parked there several times last year and recommend it.

Looks like the $10 cash lot at the library of congress buidling is back. I saw the signs at the traffic light on Arena drive today, but did not drive down to check it out. Anyways, if don't mind a bit of a walk and want to save a ton of dough on parking, try it out. I parked there several times last year and recommend it.

Yep, parked there today, it isn't much further at all then some of the church lots which were charging $35. I walked for about 3 minutes and saw all these people paying $35 and I thought to myself, I just saved $25, nice. I got there about 45 minutes before kickoff and it was just about full though. Very quick and and easy to get out of after the game too. I parked in the green lot last week and it took about an hour to get out after the game.

• 10 months later...
Here's a map of the lots in the first post of this thread.

Question about the Jericho Church Lot. Should those lots without buildings to the north and east of my red box be included?

The red you have highlighted should be on the other side of Peebles Drive. What you have highlighted is the old blue area which is no longer used for parking. The church parking are in the 3 lots on the other side of where you have red highlight.

The red you have highlighted should be on the other side of Peebles Drive. What you have highlighted is the old blue area which is no longer used for parking. The church parking are in the 3 lots on the other side of where you have red highlight.

Not sure where Peebles Drive is. But, I think I get what you're saying. Is it right now?

BTW, the Library of Congress lot got closed down last year after a breakin during a game. Too bad as that was a great place to park. I will keep my eyes open to see if it comes back in 2011.

I thought I saw something about that just glancing through this thread, but I also thought I saw someone say it was back open? I guess we'll see in a couple weeks.

• 3 months later...

So what's the latest on "off site" parking? I'm coming from Montgomery county and we're meeting friends from Annapolis with the tickets. They have parking at the stadium but we need to find a place for my car during the game. I'm guessing just parking at the shopping mall on arena drive is a bad idea. So any advice would be appreciated.

• 10 months later...
The OP should be up to date.

Mark, do you know how quickly the Jericho Cash Lots fill up? I am planning on getting there at 9am but am concerned they may fill up since they open up 5 hours prior to kickoff. And obviosly I am assuming since they are Cash Lotsm they are first come, first serve, no buying a spot there in advance?

The old Copper Lot is actually $25 this season. It was $20 for preseason. If you get there before they "open", they will come see you to get $$.

I was actually referring to the old red lot/s right off of Arena Drive on the left side. (Unless I am confusing it with copper)

Mark, do you know how quickly the Jericho Cash Lots fill up? I am planning on getting there at 9am but am concerned they may fill up since they open up 5 hours prior to kickoff. And obviosly I am assuming since they are Cash Lotsm they are first come, first serve, no buying a spot there in advance?
You should be fine. The crowd doesn't really start rolling in real heavy until about 11 or so. First come, first serve.
The old Copper Lot is actually $25 this season. It was $20 for preseason. If you get there before they "open", they will come see you to get $$.

Great, thanks!

---------- Post added September-20th-2012 at 05:44 PM ----------

How do you know it's $25 for the regular season? Thanks

Archived