Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Cash Lot Parking Thread (merged)

Mark The Homer

...I'm leaving northern VA at 8 am, so I should be near exit 17 around 9:30ish. I can either go 495 to exit 17, or I can take 66 into dc, go up new york ave and hop on 50, and take that to 202.

Any idea which way is faster at that time?

No idea. But I know my particular route is wide open at 5 AM. :)

Awesome, you're the man :)

so I read the traffice thread, and the 12 ways to get to the field. I saw the 12th part was exit 17 to 202/landover. I'm leaving northern VA at 8 am, so I should be near exit 17 around 9:30ish. I can either go 495 to exit 17, or I can take 66 into dc, go up new york ave and hop on 50, and take that to 202.

Any idea which way is faster at that time?

edit: i could also take 495 to MD, hop on 295, hop on 50 to 202... but i'm starting to think thats too much switching directions to really save any significant amount of time

Just go 495, head towards MD and cross the brand new Woodrow Wilson Bridge, and keep on truckin to which ever exit you want ;) Going through DC is way more time consuming and the speed limit is much less than 495.

The WW bridge is a breeze now that its finished, they are still working on the exits before and after the bridge in some areas buts its smooth sailing, even at rush hour!

As someone who used to pay $25 for the tailgate lot (now the copper lot), I'm really frustrated that Snyder bought it. If anyone knows more about this small private lot at the corner of Brightseat and Landover, I'd love to hear about it. I assume it's right next to the copper lot? Or if anyone knows of a different cash lot on the West side of the stadium, I'd love to know.:helmet:

As someone who used to pay $25 for the tailgate lot (now the copper lot), I'm really frustrated that Snyder bought it. If anyone knows more about this small private lot at the corner of Brightseat and Landover, I'd love to hear about it. I assume it's right next to the copper lot? Or if anyone knows of a different cash lot on the West side of the stadium, I'd love to know.:helmet:

It's next to the lot, but the entrance is on Brightseat, as opposed to the entrance of the copper lot which is on Barlow.

Mark, the Copper Lot says permits only on 202 (Landover Rd), but when you pull into the Copper Lot they are accepting cash ($40) to park. I don't think they are advertising it, but I saw the signs. I will try to remember to snap a pic of the signs as I pull in for the TB game.

Still accepting $40 cash for parking as of the 10/4 Bucs game. Will update next home game against Chiefs.

Thanks for the info Mark. We flashed my Mom's handicapped sign (she's had multiple foot surgeries and needs a cane) and they let us all the way through to the purple lot and we didn't pay anything. ZERO! cost to park off arena drive.

Just to clarify:

You did or did not have a colored parking pass?

Thanks for the info Mark. We flashed my Mom's handicapped sign (she's had multiple foot surgeries and needs a cane) and they let us all the way through to the purple lot and we didn't pay anything. ZERO! cost to park off arena drive.

Don't expect this to work again, people. pjfootballer got lucky ;)

Rcvd by PM:

Hi,

Me and 3 of my friends were going to travel to Fedex Field tomorrow and we didn't have a color parking pass, but I think we were going to cash lot parking. I wanted to ask you since you know a lot of things around FedEx Field:

1. How much is cash parking?

2. How do I get there?

3. What time should we arrive for a spot?

4. Do they run out of cash lot parking spots?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1. See Post #1

2. See post #1. Also tag search: routes

3. For the Chiefs, due to all the rain, probably any time up to noon, I would guess.

4. Find out and report back. :)

I used the Jericho Church lot for the last game and it worked out fine. There was more than enough parking for the game. Don't know about better opponents, but I would bet with the weather, how the team is currently doing, and the opponent we play tomorrow parking at the Church will be no problem.

Archived