Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Cash Lot Parking Thread (merged)

Mark The Homer

Also FYI the charge for parking in the Jericho lots has gone up to $40 this year.

Yep, my brother and I parked there for the Colts game and I almost **** a brick, lol. Looks like we'll be getting parking passes when I move back from my next assignment.

Yep, my brother and I parked there for the Colts game and I almost **** a brick, lol. Looks like we'll be getting parking passes when I move back from my next assignment.
Come on over to the old Copper lot. It is about the same walk as walking from the church lot, just a bit further than the grass church lot. And you can come in off 202 and avoid the entire Beltway mess.

Come on over to the old Copper lot. It is about the same walk as walking from the church lot, just a bit further than the grass church lot. And you can come in off 202 and avoid the entire Beltway mess.

I'm not sure I've ever been there. Is that the parking lot before the grass lot on the left going towards the stadium?

I'm not sure I've ever been there. Is that the parking lot before the grass lot on the left going towards the stadium?

stadiumparkingmap.jpg

It is the cash parking on the top left. It is just over a 1/2 mile walk to the stadium. There is a row of about 10 porta-johns always. They have the portable lights every couple hundred feet for night games. Basically unlimited tailgate space if you arrive early and pick a spot on the outer ring all the way around, my tailgate spot is about 50' x 50', with cornhole and ladder ball set up and room for a 2 year old to run around and burn up that energy.

Using 295 to 50 to 202 to Barlowe Rd is the easiest way to get in and out while avoiding the beltway. I am usually in my driveway unloading in Ashburn an hour after I get to my car.

It is the cash parking on the top left. It is just over a 1/2 mile walk to the stadium. There is a row of about 10 porta-johns always. They have the portable lights every couple hundred feet for night games. Basically unlimited tailgate space if you arrive early and pick a spot on the outer ring all the way around, my tailgate spot is about 50' x 50', with cornhole and ladder ball set up and room for a 2 year old to run around and burn up that energy.

Using 295 to 50 to 202 to Barlowe Rd is the easiest way to get in and out while avoiding the beltway. I am usually in my driveway unloading in Ashburn an hour after I get to my car.

Wow. Thanks Popeman. I may just give that a stab this weekend. I appreciate it!

Wow. Thanks Popeman. I may just give that a stab this weekend. I appreciate it!
did you use the lot?

---------- Post added September-24th-2012 at 09:43 AM ----------

Thank you sir.
Mark, the old Copper Lot is indeed $25. And they are building an entrance/exit off Brightseat, so next season you will be able to enter and exit off either Brightseat or Barlowe.

did you use the lot?

We will for the Falcons game. We were running a little late because we wanted to watch the end of the Liverpool vs ManU match.... ****ing Robin van Pelt....lol... and we didn't want to try anything new and risk missing the kickoff.

I read what you said about them building another exit way, though. How was the trip out?

We parked at the Morgan Blvd metro station for $25 and I was home in Fredericksburg by 630. It did take us longer than usual to walk from the Stadium back to the metro though... there had to be 20k people walking on that sidelwalk.

We will for the Falcons game. We were running a little late because we wanted to watch the end of the Liverpool vs ManU match.... ****ing Robin van Pelt....lol... and we didn't want to try anything new and risk missing the kickoff.

I read what you said about them building another exit way, though. How was the trip out?

We parked at the Morgan Blvd metro station for $25 and I was home in Fredericksburg by 630. It did take us longer than usual to walk from the Stadium back to the metro though... there had to be 20k people walking on that sidelwalk.

I was unloaded and watching late games at 6:15. But we fed our 2 yer old in the lot before rolling. We literally drove out of the lot without stopping, was on 202 in 30 seconds, route 50 in 5 minutes, on 295 in 10 minutes, and on 395 in 20. Hit some Nts traffic on 395, added about 15 minutes to the drive.

• 3 weeks later...
Just remember, take MD RTE 202 to Barlowe Rd. You can't get to the Copper Lot off Brightseat.
You sure about that? I haven't parked in that lot in a while but back in the day there was a back way in. You could turn on Harvey Drive at the light. Take the first right on Allendale Drive. Follow ‘til the road ends and turn onto Barlowe Road. Take your first right and enter that way. (My tip for the Redskins Faithful in case it still works.) Hail!

You sure about that? I haven't parked in that lot in a while but back in the day there was a back way in. You could turn on Harvey Drive at the light. Take the first right on Allendale Drive. Follow ‘til the road ends and turn onto Barlowe Road. Take your first right and enter that way. (My tip for the Redskins Faithful in case it still works.) Hail!
I meant you can't turn directly off Brightseat into lot. Yes, you can take surface streets off Brightseat. But why turn on Brightseat when you can go 1/8 of a mile further/shorter on 202 and turn directly onto Barlowe?

I meant you can't turn directly off Brightseat into lot. Yes, you can take surface streets off Brightseat. But why turn on Brightseat when you can go 1/8 of a mile further/shorter on 202 and turn directly onto Barlowe?
Cause I'm coming from the other direction.

• 1 month later...
Are there any cash lots within a short distance (1 mile) of the stadium that I can get for 20 bucks or so?

If so, could you please post? Thanks.

The old Copper Lot, now back to being the Tailgate Park & Walk lot. Enter at the corner of 202 and Barlowe Rd. $25/game, and a leisurely 15 minute walk to the gate. If you bust it, you can do it in 10.

Archived