Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If we kill the lions this week how will see your team

redskin301

I don't think the Lions will be like the lambs you can yell at and they fall over, which is really funny btw, but i'd be more concerned even if they do beat them soundly; yes, it could be a confidence booster which they really need, but it could also turn out to be a disappointing hang-over effect in week 4!

Many will look at it and say "we blew out the Lions, what happened this week?" So, IMO, a blow-out might not be the best thing, but a good 27-10 game would be better. Now, if we're leading comfortably going into the 4th qtr, if not sooner,then ring out Mitchell and let him get his feet wet, because I think he's gonna be a tremendous impact player for the Skins for a long long time.

Unless Z is afraid of making a decision of who to bench...:logo:

Until we hand someone a drubbing I'm concerned about our inability to close in for the kill. That is why I wasn't enthused about win 1 of this season. By most accounts we should have scored a lot more points than we did.

The killer instinct is missing and until it appears I'll be worried.

That doesn't mean I'm not rooting for the team. Go Skins!

Wow such....pessimism! Whilst a blowout would be awesome to see, how about just a good hard-earned win? So if they only win by a few points it just depends on how its won. A repeat of last weeks win (UGH) three times in the red zone and unable to penetrate would be disappointing. How about a good hard fought game down to the end! (with the Skins winning of course!).

[scenario] Its 22-21, Redskins, 45 seconds to go. Its been a close game, both offenses and defenses delivering punishing blows. Zorn opts for a two point conversion and Cooley runs it in. Campbell recieving the protection he needs (1 sack) and has 27/38 passes for 277 yards, no interceptions. Cooley and Portis having exceptional games with each over 100 yards. Lions ball on the Redskins 35, 2nd down and 6. Stafford back to pass, throws, intended for Johnson...INTERCEPTED by Hall!!! HTTR

Ok so, thats my story and I'm sticking to it. I'll be in Colorado Springs watching!

So if they win by that 1 little point, will that still be disappointing? :logo: In this case, Id take the win with a smile:point2sky

Before the season started, I looked at four early-season "easy" games (St. Louis, Detroit, Tampa, KC) and figured, okay, I'll be decently happy if we go 3-1 in those games. Well, we're 1-0, which leaves...

It's scary to ponder what happens if we lose this game. The media jackals and anti-Zorn crowd will be foaming at their mouths...

I will see the Redskins as an actual TEAM if they beat the Lions. Right now, they play as if they only care about themselves.

I hate to say it, but I'd actually rather the Redskins either kill the Lions or lose. I think the only thing that's good that could come from them losing is by proving to them they are not as great as they think they are and that they need to learn to play together. If they kill the Lions, as I said, it will prove to me that they can play TOGETHER.

I think the only thing that's good that could come from them losing is by proving to them they are not as great as they think they are and that they need to learn to play together.

So you mean that the last 10 games hasn't told them that already?

Should somebody make them a sign to spell it out?

Beating detroit means nothing in the grand scheme of things. In order for the Skins to be viewed as a good team, they have to actually BEAT a good team.

True.

Even beating them 27-3 doesn't tell us much. We'd still expect to get beat by the Giants and Falcons.

Remember when we beat SF 52-17, we lost to the Giants 36-0 the next week.

For me, if the Skins score 31 points & hold the Lions to 10, I'll say, "they were supposed to beat them like that."

But if they come out pissed off because of...well, everything that's been happening & it's a 48-0 game...or higher...then I'll be a little more satisfied. I'd like to see a little bit of a mean streak for once. Not in the physicality of the game, but in the scheming & gameplanning. No Mercy, Cobra Kai style. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qmhiHh7Hmk&feature=related

That's the kind of game I WANT to see. A game where we come out & are going for it on 4th & 1 on the 50 knowing your going to get the 1st. Continuing to pound out the touchdowns even though it is clear the game is way out of reach. What I want to see is us beat the Lions so bad, they don't even want to come out of their tunnel for the rest of the season.

What would that say about the Redskins? Beating the Lions 48-0. Would that be enough for people to say, "ok, we can score."? Here's the point though. Can we score consistently? One game does not a year make. Especially one game against the worst team in football. Losing to them could prove to be disastrous for this organization

Archived