Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If we kill the lions this week how will see your team

redskin301

After seeing the last 2 games I'll still feel there's much work to do with playing in sync... This is the Lions, were suppose to beat the crap out of them! This is the game where we go into the half leading by 21 and run the ball nearly the whole 2nd half to kill the clock just to save Det. the embarrassment of being a bad team...

At the same time this sure is a good opportunity to dig a little deeper in the playbook and start stretching the field to get ready for the following games...

Heh you miss the point. He (correctly I think) feels that no matter what the Redskins do up to and including going 14-2 that you'd still find something to gripe about. I'll keep rooting for my team. You stay miserable.

Yeah, I was really mad in 1991 when we finished 14-2 and then smoked Detroit in the NFCCG and Buffalo in the SB. The Philly and Dallas games were all I could think about.

You win. ;)

I dont see a good future for this team this year if we win a close game.....that will mean we are barely better than detroit.

If we kill them, we will have done our job for the wknd and can pray to keep it up.

I dont have alot of hope for us since we dont have an OL and when a starting OL does goes down we sign a practice squad RB to our roster.

Fire Vinny Now!!!!

As the best damn football team in the world...like i always do.

Aaaaaw,....isn't that sweet.

I'll be happy that they won convincingly for one week until the next game.

I'll still think they're an average team that will finish around 8-8, give or take a game, and will not make the playoffs. That doesn't mean I don't love the Skins (I watch every game), it's just my objective opinion.

Yeah, I was really mad in 1991 when we finished 14-2 and then smoked Detroit in the NFCCG and Buffalo in the SB. The Philly and Dallas games were all I could think about.

You win. ;)

i love when people pull that card. "youd still complain if we went 14-2."

how about wait until we go 14-2 to see if people are still complaining?

Agreed, I don't need a win against the worst team in the league to feel better. I just think It's silly that people think we are going to lose!

why is that silly? the lions are playing against a team that cannot score, and the game is in their stadium.

the lions definitely have a great chance to beat us this weekend.

Heh you miss the point. He (correctly I think) feels that no matter what the Redskins do up to and including going 14-2 that you'd still find something to gripe about. I'll keep rooting for my team. You stay miserable.

This is a thought that I don't understand. Why do people asume that you are miserable because you are unhappy with your football team? It's football, no one is miserable. Does fooling yourself with unrealistic expectations make you happy? I'd rather be realistic, and have realistic expections, than look foolish at the end of the day.

i still think we'll win like 17-13.

i like the optimistic side of you, im hoping youre right!

I'm hoping your wrong. Last week was tough with the 9-7 win. This place will go nuts again if your score is right. Heres to the Skins winning 35-7!!!!!!!!!!!:helmet:

I'm hoping your wrong. Last week was tough with the 9-7 win. This place will go nuts again if your score is right. Heres to the Skins winning 35-7!!!!!!!!!!!:helmet:

i think my prediction last week was 17-14 or something? this team doesnt score points no matter how much we want it to. it hasnt scored points for a long time. scoring 35 points would be pretty nuts for this team.

Three out of the next four games will not predict our season. The Rams, Lions, Bucs, and Chiefs should all serve as sacrificial lambs to our defense. The real question remains as to whether we can score enough points to win these games. The second half of our schedule will be brutal and points will be even more of a premium. And then the real burning question: Starting with the Eagles on Monday night, do we continue the win streak or do we fade off into the sunset like last year? To answer the question, the lions game is a must win, rather it be by a margin of 20 or by 3. A two game win streak and coming back home to the Bucs has to be a good thing. We will build momentum from there.

If the Redskins kill the Lions this week, the I will see them as murderers?

Best answer by far. Read with an upward inflection to really feel the answer.

I'll be happy. I'm happy when they win. I'm annoyed when they lose. That's the way it is for me, no more, no less. I'll be over it by Monday night.

I do, however; fear for Redskins nation. If the Skins only win by 6, everyone is going to freak out even more. I almost feel bad for the players at this point. Do you think the players in Green Bay are getting this kind of treatment? They LOST to the Bengals, and Green Bay is actually considered a playoff contender. Were the Redskins considered playoff bound by anyone other than Redskins nation? No.

I think the mentality so many people have right now is a culmination of almost two decades of mediocrity. Shame it had to come so early in the season...

There is a solid chance the Redskins start off 5-2. Nobody will be satisfied because of what happened last season. There's just too much negativity around here (and Redskins nation in general). I wish everyone would just take a step back and relax...

Three out of the next four games will not predict our season. The Rams, Lions, Bucs, and Chiefs should all serve as sacrificial lambs to our defense. The real question remains as to whether we can score enough points to win these games. The second half of our schedule will be brutal and points will be even more of a premium. And then the real burning question: Starting with the Eagles on Monday night, do we continue the win streak or do we fade off into the sunset like last year? To answer the question, the lions game is a must win, rather it be by a margin of 20 or by 3. A two game win streak and coming back home to the Bucs has to be a good thing. We will build momentum from there.

I don't agree that a 3 point win is acceptable. Zorn's offense has to score points now before the team starts pointing fingers, if they haven't already.

I don't care if they go to that deep sideline pass to Kelly the first 3 plays of the game, and then go deep to Moss and Thomas/Mitchell on the next series, and then pick them apart with Cooley and RE in the open middle of the field with Portis breaking off 10 yard runs after that, but they have to open it up and be successful on something that is not a 10 play 6 minute drive that ends in 3 wrong play calls inside the 10 and a field goal.

Winning 13-10 games is only going to further demoralize every player on the offense and it will get ugly later when we aren't playing Rams, Lions, Chiefs, Panthers, Bucs. If we can't open it up and be successful on the bad defenses when Campbell has 3-4 seconds on most plays then have fun expecting a win against even Oakland late in the season.

We expect our defense to give us a pass rush and create turnovers? It would help to score more than 9-16 points a game and actually force the other team to pass the ball to keep up and allow our defense to go away from the run defense. We currently allow any opponent to run whatever they want to run on offense for 4 full quarters because we put no one in a hole. Then we complain about no turnovers, no sacks, and a 13-10 win/loss.

In order for the defense to do the things we want to see we need to create an imbalance, we need to give them an advantage. Currently, and last year, our defense has to play it straight for 4 quarters.

Remember 2005? We had 17 Sacks in the final 5 games, all wins. We scored a lot of points in those 5 wins, 28pt avg. We had 17 sacks in the first 11 games combined, with 5 of those coming in the 52-17 win over San Fran.

Need I say more?

It's the same defense with better players, except we are without ST now but this defense could be much better.

For example:

1985 Bears

Game 1 their offense put up 436 yards, lost the turnover battle 3-2, and scored 31 points on offense

Game 2, 369 yards on offense, 20 pts on offense, won turnovers 4-2

Game 3, were down 17-9 at the half, McMahon threw 3 TD passes in the 3rd and the Bears won.

Game 4, they beat us 45-10, we led 10-0 in the first, Mc Mahon threw 3 TD's, Payton threw and received a TD.

Did the Bears offense not contribute to their season? They had Walter Payton, McMahon threw some picks but their defense was allowed to stay aggressive because they scored points. That is the difference IMO. We try too hard to not throw an INT and prefer a FG to taking a chance which kills all value of having a defense first team, which we do have. We've spent a lot of money on that defense.

We play to lose, big time.

Archived