Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If we kill the lions this week how will see your team

redskin301

Obviously, that would be better than winning 9-7, but aside from the win, I'll be looking at how we're calling plays in the red zone (would it kill us to pass on 1st downs when we're down close?), how well we run/pass protect to the right now that Randy's gone, and hopefully see a lot less mental lapses and missed tackles on defense. Above all else, though, I'd like to see a big play or two on offense.

If we're making progress and improving on these weaknesses, then I'm all :D

Well Zorn would like to pass on 1st down he really really would. But he looks down at his playlist placard and realizes he's on play call #53 and that requires a run to the left. What the hell is Zorn supposed to do!!?? NOT follow the playcalling order of operations!?!? :doh::doh::doh:

Edit: I really hope people caught my sarcasm.

My beliefs about this team currently going into this game are:

1. We are the worst in the devision

2. The Defense not very good because of schemes. We'd be much better attacking and playing closer to the line of scrimmage. We have the players but are missing a good cordinator

3. Portis is over the hill and we need a new work horse back

4. Jason Campbell is a backup QB and not a starter in the league and we need a new QB

5. Zorns is outcoached by pretty much the entire league and over estimates himself.

6. We have play makers on the team but don't have the right person in place (Zorn) to use them

7. Were going to win 4 to 6 games max this season

8. Zorn's going to be fired soon

9. Jason's going to get benched soon

10. The teams rebuilding. We need a new Offensive Line, new QB, new RB, and new Defensive and Offensive coaches

If we win this week which I don't expect us to I will revisit this because obviously I'm wrong about some of this.

i still think we'll win like 17-13.

i like the optimistic side of you, im hoping youre right!

I think the same, even if I'd like to see the distance greater. We just play everyone close, regardless who they are.

Improvement, to me, is hanging against the really good teams and obliterating the bad ones. Seems like we start in one place, get worse, have improvement in one area, then have people say "Look, we're improving!"

2. The Defense not very good because of schemes. We'd be much better attacking and playing closer to the line of scrimmage. We have the players but are missing a good cordinator

4. Jason Campbell is a backup QB and not a starter in the league and we need a new QB

5. Zorns is outcoached by pretty much the entire league and over estimates himself.

6. We have play makers on the team but don't have the right person in place (Zorn) to use them

10. The teams rebuilding. We need a new Offensive Line, new QB, new RB, and new Defensive and Offensive coaches

If we win this week which I don't expect us to I will revisit this because obviously I'm wrong about some of this.

Oh, I think many would say your not that far off the mark addicted man. :cheers:

The only one's I don't fully agree with would be 7 through 9.

Even given Blache under utilizing the talent on the defensive side, they don't give up points, and as such should take us to around the .500 mark this year.

I can't see Zorn going anywhere this year, unless we totally stink it up and maybe Danny's bucks persuades one of the big names here early.

Jason rolls as long as Zorn rolls. He's not making a change there, no matter how mediocre the production may continue to be. Zorn's nothing if he's not dogmatically stubborn in his beliefs. :(

Hail.

In my opinion:

1. We are far from the best but Philly may be in trouble if McNabb misses time. Dallas is playing fairly well but always fizzles late in the year. Hopefully this holds true in 2009.

2. Our Defense is currently ranked 10 overall in the league. We've allowed two offensive touchdowns in two games. Our defense is excellent.

3. Portis isn't what he once was but I believe he is still an upper echelon back. Not in the same category as Peterson but there isn't another back in the league that is.

4. I don't think JC is ever going to be a Brees/Brady/Manning, but I believe he could be the other Manning. I'm okay with JC if we're going to give him freedom. If that isn't an option then bring in someone they'll give it to.

5. That HB pass was retarded but it was ony a few inches out of Cooley's hands. Better execution and it possibly works. Outside of that we have 2 dropped passes in the endzone and another deep play that scores if Heyer(or was it Montgomery?) gets a better block.

6. Remains to be seen. Currently you're looking correct as far as the big play goes. As far as TOP WC offense, it seems to be working perfectly.

7. Very funny.

8. Hard to argue this if we don't make playoffs. I wouldn't fire him, but I can't say the same about Danny boy.

9. I don't see Jason getting benched without injury/multiple terrible performances/Zorn fired midseason.

10. I don't see it that way. Portis is on the downside but not in need of immediate replacement. If so Betts is at least good enough for a one season stop gap, and RB is the easiest postion to fill in FA or the draft. JC is probably on his way out without a big season. If Zorn doesn't get this figured out I'd like a new offensive coach he can lean on but Blache is doing a fantastic job. The OL should be addressed early and often this offseason.

If we win, I will be happy either way. At this point we are freaking under dogs in this game.

I havent heard 1 person other than redskins fans thinking we are going to win this game.

The media is just hyping Detroit to try to create drama and interest...its their job. COME SEE THE SCRAPPY TEAM THAT COULD NOT TURN INTO THE TEAM THAT DID...Detroit Lions over the Redskins. Skins get pissed and steam roll the Lions and it they use this as motivation to go on a great run of wins. Although if the Skins do not score touchdowns in this game, anything could happen.

Archived