Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If we kill the lions this week how will see your team

redskin301

The media is just hyping Detroit to try to create drama and interest...its their job. COME SEE THE SCRAPPY TEAM THAT COULD NOT TURN INTO THE TEAM THAT DID...Detroit Lions over the Redskins. Skins get pissed and steam roll the Lions and it they use this as motivation to go on a great run of wins. Although if the Skins do not score touchdowns in this game, anything could happen.

It is funny how people are really crapping on Marinelli in a big way, saying the coaching is so much better this year and that the team has suddenly become much better.

One game doesn't mean anything. I remember watching the Redskins stomped the 49ers 52-17 and then got blown out the following week 36-0 to the Giants. I know the Bucs aren't the Giants but still, one game doesn't mean anything.

To all that want to counter my post about one game, the Redskins are playing the exact way, in fact worst than they did when they went 2-6 at the end of last season.

it's the lions, but i'll take the W.

i would definitely be excited about 4 touchdowns though...and i'd hope like a homer that these games against scrubs are gonna build up the teams confidence and allow enough cohesiveness to develop, such that our team can be a contender when they play the big dogs of the league...

but lets just say i won't get my hopes up.

fool me once, shame on you, fool me 10 times...just a damn shame.

that said, hail skins, hail victory! :helmet:

I am stating emphatically to you that if we win or we lose, it will not change public opinion of the Redskins.

If we lose then the story will be about the Lions getting their first win on the hapless Deadskins.

If we win, then the story will be about the 20th straight loss for the Lions even though they played the hapless Deadskins. TWO pitiful teams playing each other.

It will be impossible for the Redskins to gain any respect even by beating the next 4 opponents because each one will have a losing record. The ONLY way for the Skins to gain some respect is by winning 10 games and making the playoffs. Not sneaking into the playoffs, but EARNING the playoffs. If lack of respect bothers you, got root for the Giants because everybody is all up in their a**.

I think a 20-10 SKins win is most likely this Sunday.

I fully expect us to win big in this game. 27-10.

We always spank the Lions, even Campbell has good games against them.

His 2 biggest wins are against this team. 31 points and 8 points. Never mind that it took a Moss punt return in the last game.

I picked us to not to win by more than 8 last week, but I do now. Campbell will be 2 of 39 winning games by more than 8 points.

After that, who knows. I'd be surprised if the team doesn't fall apart, but we gotta beat the Lions. Gibbs might come back again if we don't.

It's the Lions, lol. I think you're happy for a win and a good showing but let's not throw a freakin parade over it. If it boosts morale/confidence and gets it rolling against the upcoming teams so be it. My feelings wouldn't change much, professional teams, any given Sunday, the win isn't a given. We'll see.

I think we will kill the Lions this week. Usually, we play down to crappy teams, but I think after this nightmarish week, the team is gonna be looking for blood. And when we do kill the Lions by showing brief flashes of the potential this team actually has, the general tenor of this site is going to be "See? I told you so! Super Bowl, 2010!"

That seems to be what this site is all about these days: Violent swings between Super Bowl predictions and calls to boycott the ownership/coaching/quarterback/etc.

Who cares how much we beat them by as long as we win?

Because a 1 point win against the league's worst team won't mean much. It'll mean we're barely better than the worst team.

Put it this way- what would you think if you saw the Steelers, or the Pats, or the Colts or Giants beat the Lions by only one point?

As a team that should be at least 2-1 after three games. We are supposed to beat teams like the Rams and Lions.

Its too early in the season to say that if we beat the Lions we are playoff bound' date=' even if we blow them out.

:logo:[/quote']

+1

If we won by 1 point I'd be happy as long as we win. It's that W or L that matters to me damn the score.

Win baby win:logo:

Archived