Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Hate Lavar and Chad

riggo4ever

hands down, Dan Lebtard is the funniest sports radio show.  Rome was great, but it’s been so long since I have heard him.

Dan does not talk  much sports, but I’m okay with that. I’ll go to 980 for that.  He had Noel Gallagher on the other day, freaking great. 

Chad is ok, he’s just not funny. He’s a freak show. 

I don't like Dukes because he is on opposite two guys who played the game and have more knowledge of sports in their little fingers than he has in his entire family, among other reasons. 

Why would anyone listen to Dukes for sports when Doc Walker is on?

Mitchell i can give or take,, but Doc,, he's the man.

~Bang

Chad is not paid for his vast sports knowledge.  He's a fan like you and me,..he just happens to be a broadcaster and personality that a lot of people like to listen to.  He's a D.C. sports fan, and has a good working knowledge of the teams here and finger on the pulse of national sports news.  He does good interviews with local and national sports celebs, writers, bloggers, coaches, etc,...and he interjects his personal commentary and humor into the show.  He's a radio guy,..he's constructed a show, has built an audience and has been successful so far.  If you don't like what he does then so be it, don't listen. 

I like Doc Walker when he's talking Skins, especially with B Mitch, but why am I going to listen to him for anything else?  There's a reason he doesn't host an everyday radio show on his own.

I have to agree with Boss on this.

Draw listeners in by being relevant and interesting and good, not by trying to turn this into a race war.

This^^

The quote about the Junkies having the "white audience",...well, sure, but they also have a lot of black listeners of their show.  I've listened to them for years. 

I have to agree with Boss on this.

Draw listeners in by being relevant and interesting and good, not by trying to turn this into a race war.

Unfortunately it's not the way the world works. Race matters to many people for some stupid reasons.

I still think Reid sucks and I'm not sure I'm going to like the show, but I would love to see them hurt the junkies ratings wise. Between the way they handled this and the way they handled the crashed airliner yesterday I'm about fed up with their nonsense.

Unfortunately it's not the way the world works. Race matters to many people for some stupid reasons.

I still think Reid sucks and I'm not sure I'm going to like the show, but I would love to see them hurt the junkies ratings wise. Between the way they handled this and the way they handled the crashed airliner yesterday I'm about fed up with their nonsense.

What did they say about the crash?

HTTR!

ESPN in Richmond also does weird ant-Snyder promos. The tagline I hear all the time is "Redskins coverage from people not on Dan Snyder's payroll." I find it a little bit odd.

Anyone who like Jim Rome's show should check out Jay Mohr. That recently started airing down here on ESPN radio. It's like a softer, cuddlier version of Rome. Mohr is pretty funny running his own show. I think I like it better than Rome.

What did they say about the crash?

HTTR!

They spent all morning throwing around wild speculation. They brought on experts and they'd throw these theories at them and they all pretty much said "no... no one is thinking that right now" and then they'd get off the phone and go right back to their theories.

Which, to be completely honest, is not exactly out of the ordinary for them. That's kind of their shtick. I guess it's just worn on me and I'm tired of it.

It's bad enough listening to someone spew bull****, it's worse when you know they're aware that what they're saying has nothing to support and they're just doing it for shtick. It makes me feel like a requirement for enjoying the show these days is to be dumb.

ESPN in Richmond also does weird ant-Snyder promos. The tagline I hear all the time is "Redskins coverage from people not on Dan Snyder's payroll." I find it a little bit odd.

Anyone who like Jim Rome's show should check out Jay Mohr. That recently started airing down here on ESPN radio. It's like a softer, cuddlier version of Rome. Mohr is pretty funny running his own show. I think I like it better than Rome.

You sure you don't have CBS and ESPN mixed up? That was The Fan's tag line, pretty much verbatum.

It's bad enough listening to someone spew bull****, it's worse when you know they're aware that what they're saying has nothing to support and they're just doing it for shtick. It makes me feel like a requirement for enjoying the show these days is to be dumb.

man, I'm going to come off like a jerk, but the junkies and their popularity are a scary indictment on the people in this area. I will get a random chuckle here and there from their stuff, but I'm just not sure,  how they have sustained so long, I don't think I want to know. 

being a howard stern fan, that might come off as hypocritical, but with stern, you get the crazy amazing interviews he does and honest to goodness funny bits mixed in with the trash. 

Junkies, nothing, it's trash. trash radio. 

Live in the northeast ... have Sirius ... I find myself listening to Stern 45% of my commutes (ever morning), NFL Network 45% of my commutes (home) and then there's about 5% in there for CNN to catch up on news (like days when there's a catastrophic plane crash) and 5% for the Junks when I want to tap in for some reaction to Skins stuff ... but I can't take it that much these days.

it's amazing ... I put on Stern and before I know it my 45 minute commute is gone and I haven't touched anything. I put the Junks on, chances are it lands when there's a commercial, and chances are if there isn't a commercial, within 3-4 minutes there is one, and I'm switching back over to Sirius. If I were to keep it on the Fan for my morning commute, I'd likely get 20-25 minutes of discussion and schtick and 20-25 minutes of commercial (and because I'm streaming on the app, it's the same 3-4 commercials over and over and over and over).

Even on commercial radio portions of Sirius like NFL Network, for every 20 minutes of discussion there's maybe 3-4 minutes of commercial? On Stern, there's almost never a commercial while I'm listening.

how they have sustained so long, I don't think I want to know. 

Appeal to the lowest common denominator.

It works everywhere. News, music... A recipe for success. It's not just our area, it's the entire country.

People don't want to learn interesting stuff. If they did the history channel would show actual history, national geographic/discovery would show more nature stuff.

Instead we get swamp people and alaska state troopers and all kinds of nonsense.

Live in the northeast ... have Sirius ... I find myself listening to Stern 45% of my commutes (ever morning), NFL Network 45% of my commutes (home) and then there's about 5% in there for CNN to catch up on news (like days when there's a catastrophic plane crash) and 5% for the Junks when I want to tap in for some reaction to Skins stuff ... but I can't take it that much these days.

scary how damn similiar our radio habits are! :D  that's so exactly right. I would never, ever go to the junkies if they didn't have a skins beat reporter come on periodically. 

You sure you don't have CBS and ESPN mixed up? That was The Fan's tag line, pretty much verbatum.

I stand corrected. It's neither. It's Fox Sports Radio. The other option down here is ESPN, for 'official Redskins coverage'. It's decent for local radio here, especially during training camp.

man, I'm going to come off like a jerk, but the junkies and their popularity are a scary indictment on the people in this area. I will get a random chuckle here and there from their stuff, but I'm just not sure, how they have sustained so long, I don't think I want to know.

being a howard stern fan, that might come off as hypocritical, but with stern, you get the crazy amazing interviews he does and honest to goodness funny bits mixed in with the trash.

Agree with all that, including the Stern stuff.

One thing that's gotten old is the total lack of prep that seems to go into their show. Whether it's the name debate with amanda blackhorse or discussion of the previous days game, none of them seem to know anything about the subject matter.

Kinda like lavar and dukes talking about the skins a few months after they won the division. They were ranting about what a failed season it was for a while til they were reminded. I believe lavars exact words were "what did they win- 7, 8 games last year?"

Oops.

Agree with all that, including the Stern stuff.

One thing that's gotten old is the total lack of prep that seems to go into their show.

Yes, this really kills me. I know they can't live and breath sports, but I hate when they say that not only did they not watch an important sporting event but didn't care to. I mean that's your freaking job man.

As in Jim Rome?

Yep, the man not the City.

man, I'm going to come off like a jerk, but the junkies and their popularity are a scary indictment on the people in this area. I will get a random chuckle here and there from their stuff, but I'm just not sure, how they have sustained so long, I don't think I want to know.

As a guy who really used to like the junkies, I agree with you. At one time they were actually good but they've sort of mailed it in for awhile now. Not to mention the grown men who call in using their annoying ass lingo. Cakes is still awesome in my book though.

My problem is my truck has my Sirius subscription in it and my daily commuter doesn't so I'm stuck with local radio.

Appeal to the lowest common denominator.

It works everywhere. News, music... A recipe for success. It's not just our area, it's the entire country.

People don't want to learn interesting stuff. If they did the history channel would show actual history, national geographic/discovery would show more nature stuff.

Instead we get swamp people and alaska state troopers and all kinds of nonsense.

Preach. Effin' preach

I listen to the Junkies on the way to work in the morning...mainly from 8:30-9am.  They get on my nerves, but no chance I listen to Mike and MIke ever again.  It's annoying that the Junks refer to everything as a "bit."  Not sure why that grinds my gears so much.  Bickel is a moody chick and JP is out of touch with reality and tries to use stats for every single argument he has.  He knows nothing about sports!  Cakes and Lurch make me laugh though. 

I've never liked Jason Reid's writing or even his opinions on that Redskins show on channel 4 during the season.  I seriously doubt anyone has ever said "I yearn for more Jason Reid." 

Our local sports radio options are pretty much terrible these days.  Some are better than others and everyone has their own preferences...but this is like comparing which minor leaguer had the best career.  No matter who you choose, you're not talking about the best pros at all.  I do like Czaban and think the show with Cooley and Galdi is getting better.  I listen to them on the way home.  Chad Dukes is flat out unlistenable.  If you disagree with his opinion, then he gets his panties in a bunch and will block you on social media or hang up on you and call you a moron on his show.  If I'm trying to explain to someone what a douchebag is...Chad Dukes is what comes to mind first.

With all of that being said, Dan Patrick is by far my favorite sports radio show.  How in the heck is he not on air in the DC area?  I DVR his show and listen at work when I can.

Our local sports radio options are pretty much terrible these days.  Some are better than others and everyone has their own preferences...but this is like comparing which minor leaguer had the best career.  No matter who you choose, you're not talking about the best pros at all.  I do like Czaban and think the show with Cooley and Galdi is getting better.  I listen to them on the way home.  Chad Dukes is flat out unlistenable.  If you disagree with his opinion, then he gets his panties in a bunch and will block you on social media or hang up on you and call you a moron on his show.  If I'm trying to explain to someone what a douchebag is...Chad Dukes is what comes to mind first.

With all of that being said, Dan Patrick is by far my favorite sports radio show.  How in the heck is he not on air in the DC area?  I DVR his show and listen at work when I can.

Ken Beatrice..."You're Next!" 

Fond memories...

HTTR!

I guess Dan Patrick's show is only on Fox Sports Radio? He's on in Richmond too. You guys need a Fox affiliate up there. My two favorite radio shows here are on it. Dan Patrick and Jay Mohr. Rich Eisen is also on it. I wonder why there's not one up there.

Archived