Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's up with men and beards

MissU28

Seriously....it's like some competition. Being half-Italian, my boyfriend can grow some CRAZY facial hair....and I hate it! His friends all love it and it's like they try and outdo each other. He goes into work with a bigger goatee and they high five and go crazy.

A few months ago, when he had this freakishly insane goatee (which he has since shaved, thank God), some dude came up to him in public just to compliment him!

In one of his ID badges he looks like a freakin' terrorist!

So....what is up with you guys and facial hair????? Does growing it make you feel manly? My boyfriend says he does it because he had to shave every single day for 5 years for the marines.

I have a goatee, and here's why:

I'm a red-head (waiting for everybody to flee in fear from the ginger.......aaaaaaaaaaaaand, ok). In high school, I went to a private school and was not allowed to have facial hair. This worked out well for me, as it today takes me a week to grow a noticeable beard between shaves, when in high school that timeframe was about a month. Unfortunately, without facial hair, I look about 4-5 years younger than I am. I'm sure I'll appreciate this in about 10-15 years, but being under the age of 25 makes that a slight disadvantage. I've had my goatee since my freshman year in college so I wouldn't look like a high school freshman my junior year of college.

So to sum up: I grow facial hair because I don't want to look like a college freshman at the age of 24.

I grew the ultimate, ****ed up terrorist beard a few years back. Don't want to get into the why or how but it was/is truly unrivaled. Back then my mustache didn't fill out the same way so it looked all kinds of stupid. But it kept me safe so whatever.

beard250x188.jpg

Now I just rock a 3 day stubble and look like a normal human being.

I grew the ultimate, ****ed up terrorist beard a few years back. Don't want to get into the why or how but it was/is truly unrivaled. Back then my mustache didn't fill out the same way so it looked all kinds of stupid. But it kept me safe so whatever.

beard250x188.jpg

Now I just rock a 3 day stubble and look like a normal human being.

Well done sir, well done.

Is this awesome and manly to you? Not a full-on beard (though he has had one), this was when it was at its worst (in my opinion). This is what got him tons of compliments from dudes:

The coolness factor of that is in line with...well...

a mullet.

Some people think mullets are cool too.

haha he got crazy compliments on it from guys, though

Listen, in Tennessee, Mullets are the shiznit. They get all kinds of compliments. Doesn't make them cool. As a matter of fact, some probably comment them sarcastically. :evilg:

Ponytails are cool in some circles.

I wouldn't have expected you to be with a bearded gentleman. I bet he grows a mean key west tickler too. :cool:

Just say no to the chin fro.

I don't get it, either. I could easily grow some serious facial hair, myself. But I just don't think its a good look. Not for me, anyway. And I think alot of dudes do grow it because they think it makes them more manly. Some just end up looking like total douchebags. I can also see why ex-Marines do it. That would suck having to shave every single day.

I tried it back in college in various forms. I just don't grow it thick or dark enough to make it look good. Since then I've decided to go with sideburns and that actually looks decent on me.

I tend to get a little scruffy on the weekends, mostly because blades irritate my skin and I kinda need a couple days off. The wife seems to like the stubble...

I always thought the goatee look kind of douchey

I don't think I could grow a decent beard. My brother had one for a while. In order to make it look good, you have to trim it properly. So you may as well shave.

I always wondered what chicks thought of the "slightly unshaven" look? Seems like some guys can get away with it.

Archived