Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who will be the Redskins Head Coach in 2010?

Monte51Coleman

Up until this point I am not unhappy with Zorn the HC. I am unhappy with Zorn the offensive play caller. I think he has done a good job as a head coach. He failings lie in his play calling ability.

That said, I still think he can turn things around regarding his play calling. I am still not sold on JC executing, but I will wait and see if Zorn can make the adjustment.

I hope it isn't Shanahan. We have some pieces in place on this roster, but we have some things that need to be addressed. Shanahan never struck me as a disciplinarian coach, and thats what I think this team needs. I want a coach who is by all appearances a gruff, strict, jerk. Mike Singletary is getting results. Bill Belichick has been getting results. Rex Ryan gets results. Bill Cowher did, Mike Tomlin does. I think that disciplined coaches make disciplined teams, and teams with attitude. I know the Redskins had attitude a few times under Gibbs in 04, 05, and 07, but they don't now.

I always felt that the reason Norv teams self destructed here was he didn't seem like he was the kind of guy who kicked his player's asses. Spurrier wasn't either. Schottenheimer took 5 games to finally get some attitude out of his team, and Snyder fired him like an idiot.

I just want a coach who doesn't take any ****, who starts camp first and ends it last. Who goes full speed and full pads every day and makes his players work hard. Teams like the Steelers do that in the pre-season and training camp and you don't hear their players complain at the end of the season about how they didn't feel "fresh" because training camp was so harrrrrrrd. Give me a break. You weed out the weak players. You weed out the injury prone players. They either grow up or show their true colors.

I don't know I just wish we had some old school ass kicking coaches. We need to hold training camp in Carlisle again also. We don't play tough because we aren't. We don't play as a team because we aren't one.

Can Dan live whit as HC Shanahan, this guy wants total controle of football operations.....Danny wants to keep a lot of controle. I don't see does two guys work together.

Gruden soundz like the most logical.....but I will cry wenn that happens, we then draft every year a QB and carry like 20 of them on the rooster. I don't like the guy.

But I say we get a coach whit experince........you just see that Jimbo is not a bad coach but he is a horrible play caller (sorry Jim, I like you as a persone but the playcalling run run run and run wen you are in the redzone, come on).

Qrazy idea, Urban Meyer and Tebow????

I hope it isn't Shanahan. We have some pieces in place on this roster, but we have some things that need to be addressed. Shanahan never struck me as a disciplinarian coach, and thats what I think this team needs. I want a coach who is by all appearances a gruff, strict, jerk. Mike Singletary is getting results. Bill Belichick has been getting results. Rex Ryan gets results. Bill Cowher did, Mike Tomlin does. I think that disciplined coaches make disciplined teams, and teams with attitude. I know the Redskins had attitude a few times under Gibbs in 04, 05, and 07, but they don't now.

I always felt that the reason Norv teams self destructed here was he didn't seem like he was the kind of guy who kicked his player's asses. Spurrier wasn't either. Schottenheimer took 5 games to finally get some attitude out of his team, and Snyder fired him like an idiot.

I just want a coach who doesn't take any ****, who starts camp first and ends it last. Who goes full speed and full pads every day and makes his players work hard. Teams like the Steelers do that in the pre-season and training camp and you don't hear their players complain at the end of the season about how they didn't feel "fresh" because training camp was so harrrrrrrd. Give me a break. You weed out the weak players. You weed out the injury prone players. They either grow up or show their true colors.

I don't know I just wish we had some old school ass kicking coaches. We need to hold training camp in Carlisle again also. We don't play tough because we aren't. We don't play as a team because we aren't one.

agree with you, no to mike s... for a guy who has 1 playoff victory minus elway and TD, he gets waaaaaay too much credit. hire him as the OC.

Jim Zorn...no way this could have fit in the 50 other threads on this topic

Thank you for your constructive criticism.

Would you please point out the other 50 threads about predicting next years head coach? I am here to learn from your insight and understanding of this site. I am your grasshopper, sensei. please educate me.

I'd say either Holmgren or Shanahan. Both of them are WCO guys with experience in building QBs and OLines. We have a good defense (talent wise) and our offense isn't actually THAT bad, they just need someone to call plays that will put them in the end zone instead of in front of the end zone.

I've been getting the feeling that Zorn really adheres to the, "never throw into the end zone" philosophy that previous coaches have believed. I think its a load of garbage, but that's what a lot of coaches believe. I think that's why we almost never pass the ball into the end zone (or at least when we do it looks uncomfortable). Zorn just calls plays too safe.

I'm pretty sick of it, even though we didn't have as many screen passes to RBs during this game.

I also think he's too concerned with creating a "rythym". That's the biggest load of **** ever.

Archived