Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs. Giants Prediction Thread

Toe Jam

Cannot see the Redskins offense able to score more than 20 points. That's two touchdowns (neither will be passing TDs btw) and two field goals. And 20 points is probably asking too much. Jason will have little time and the crowd will interrupt the rhythm this offense so desperately needs.

The defense will have to be unbelievable. Albert needs to be in there for more than 40 plays. The d-line HAS to create pressure this time, no excuses if they don't. The Giants will still be looking to figure out who's their go to guy and will rely on Brandon Jacobs.

In the end, the Redskins will win 20-17. I believe the defense WILL show up this time. There will be twenty call out threads on Monday telling all us naysayers how stupid we are and how the team is going to the playoffs. Buckle up boys and girls, it's time to ride.

Giants - 35

Deadskins - 3(maybe)

Jeanette(or is it Jason?) Campbell is going to be looking up at the the NY sky because he's going to be on his back again. Remember last year? He was running for his dear life.

Hey I didn't know they have internet access on the short bus now!....Put your helmet on and sign in...your welcome here.

I hate to say it, but Eli has looked really good this preseason. The Giants defense has not looked as strong as in the past, and the Giants have lost a couple of really good receivers. The Skins have looked alright on offense and the defense has looked suspect in the secondary in the preseason. Our special teams have been horrible. My prediction is that Eli starts with a short field almost everytime and with Jacobs running, the play action is going to kill us. It is still going to be a hard fought battle. My score prediction is Giants 21 and Skins 10.

Giants Oline > Skins D Line

Giants RBs > Skins LB

Giants WR = Skins DBs

Giants QB > Skins defensive captain

Skins OL < Giants DL

Skins RBs = Giants LBs

Skins WR < Giants DBs

Skins QB < Giants (MLB defensive captain)

Giants Coaching > Skins Coaching

Results Giants 27 Skins 13

You did get some of these right, but you are wrong on quite a few.

Giants Oline > Skins D Line: The addition of Haynesworth and Orakpo may even give the Skins the Edge. Due to an unseen regular season performance from the new line I have to give the edge to the Giants O-line.

Giants RBs > Skins LB: The Loss of Derrick Ward will prove to be devastating to the Giants. Bradshaw and Jacobs are injury prone, but for one game the do have a slight edge. This is due to the Rookie Orakpo, he may just prove that can can tilt this "match-up" in the Skins favor.

Giants WR < Skins DBs: Pro-Bowl caliber CB's (Hall is a Pro-Bowler and if rodgers can hold on to INTs he will be one this year) and safeties (Landry will more than likely make the Pro-Bowl this year and Horton will improve on his breakout performance last year. Giants WRs are unproven commodities.

Giants QB < Skins defensive captain: Fletcher vs E. Manning. Eli gets flustered easily and without his favorite target Burress he is average at best. Fletcher is possibly the second most underrated player in the NFL (Andre Johnson is #1).

Skins OL < Giants DL: This is a definate edge for the Giants, no disputing this fact.

Skins RBs = Giants LBs: I can agree with this as well. This is ONLY because Portis > Giants LBs, The Rest < Giants LBs.

Skins WR > Giants DBs: The Giants DBs are atrocious and Moss has proven himself effective against the Giants.

Skins QB < Giants (MLB defensive captain): Agreed.

Giants Coaching > Skins Coaching: Agreed ONLY based upn what Zorn did last year. If he improves this year, he will be better than Coughlin.

Results: Skins 24 Giants 10

This is a very big game for a first game. The early schedule is favorable after this game, so a win in NY and the skins could be set to be 5-2, 6-1 in first 7 games.

It is also a big divisional game, I see the Eagles and Dallas slightly down from last year, the Skins better than last year (how much remains to be seen), so the competition for the division comes down to the Giants. Giants D will be a little better, offense slightly worse, overall still a very tough team.

Prediction; Skins 27, Giants 23. Skins score through the air more than expected, and keep Giants in check enough to get a tough road win.

I predict after the game we will hear this "I really felt we moved the ball well today, we just need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot with these penalties and when we get close we have to put it in and not settle for field goals" I know I know bold prediction huh?

how about predicting the inactives. It may sound strange but it's a good bet on who the Skins feel is ready to play or could help the team most.

I say Mason, Mitchell, Edwin and Mike Williams, Jeremy Jarmon, Byron Westbrook and Kevin Barnes will be inactive

Skins WR > Giants DBs: The Giants DBs are atrocious and Moss has proven himself effective against the Giants.

Not sure how this one pops up all the time. The Giants have a great secondary. Corey Webster was awesome last year. Just check this out.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showpost.php?p=6695968&postcount=103

2. Corey Webster, New York Giants

Season Totals: 66 attempts, 3.92 YPA, 65.15 Forced INC%, 1 TD, 3 INTs

My two cents: Did Corey Webster seriously not make the Pro Bowl? I have come to terms with the Pro Bowl being absolutely meaningless, but that is just ridiculous. There wasn’t an NFC CB to even come close to the level on which Webster played. He led all CBs with a 3.92 YPA, and a 65.15 forced incompletion percentage. The only TD he allowed was to Terrell Owens in a week nine victory.

The Giants have another player on the list, too. The Skins had two, but Springs is no longer a Skin.

With Kenny Phillips developing, the Giants secondary should be a force.

What up Skins fans?!

I was at the game week 1 last year, but couldnt make it this year.

Your D wont stop our running game with Jacobs and Bradshaw, Hit and Run all day long.

Hakeem Nicks is a WR to watch out for.

Our D is getting healthy for this game with Bernard and CAnty playing, along with Kenny Phillips. Ross and Boley are the 2 starters who will miss the game more than likely.

Heres to an injury free game and a Cowboys Eagles loss filled weekend.

GO GIANTS!

GMEN 24

SKINS 13

Giants-23

Skins-17

I despise the Meadowlands with a passion. Missfortune seems to dominate every time our Skins play there.

Skins must score more then 24 to win it. As stout as our defense will be all the Giants have to do is wait and watch our Skins screw up just enough and win at home by at least a field goal. As usual.

We'll see. :helmet:

28 - 13

Skins

Eli throws 2 picks, one returned for a TD.

(edit1: or 1 pick 1 fumble while being sacked, one of which is returned for a td)

(edit2: lol the guy above me picked the same score, and i didn't read it before i posted. go us, we'll be right)

Archived