Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs. Giants Prediction Thread

Toe Jam

Redskins v Giants and you think the game is going to be that high? I guess your taking the over...

17-10 Giants over Skins

Through burgundy glasses 24-17 Skins

Have we beat the Giants with Campbell as our starting QB? Not trying to bash, so don't get your panties in a knot but I am curious if someone knows off the top of there head

You think? I hope you're right though! My guess is Giants 35 Redskins 17.

Go Redskins! :logo:

Not to pick on you, but what makes you think the Giants could put up 35 on ANYONE right now, let alone our D?

I think this matchup really favors us in that our front 7 is the strongsuit of our D, which should help neutralize their running game, and force them to throw to a bunch of inexperienced WRs, which going against our secondary, once again favors us.

Holding them to under 20 points shouldn't be difficult. The question is can we get more?

I'm gonna take the Skins 17- 14 Giants.

Not to pick on you, but what makes you think the Giants could put up 35 on ANYONE right now, let alone our D?

I think this matchup really favors us in that our front 7 is the strongsuit of our D, which should help neutralize their running game, and force them to throw to a bunch of inexperienced WRs, which going against our secondary, once again favors us.

Holding them to under 20 points shouldn't be difficult. The question is can we get more?

I'm gonna take the Skins 17- 14 Giants.

I like the way you're thinking.

At the same time we probably aren't gonna put up more than 17-21... unless Portis beasts out or Campbell steps it up. I don't see that happening in the first game. :\

Hoping we can limit the Giants to 10-14 points, and get at least 14+ ourselves.

The Giants have no passing game now (though we have not passing defense, so maybe that's a wash :) ):

Redskins 24

Giants 17

Orakpo is allowed to line up behind Manning, since, eventually, the refs figure he'll be there once the play begins anyway. Before Eli gets knocked out of the game he throws 3 INTs, and after the game NY is set aflame by raging fans.

Normally I'd take the Giants over the Redskins at the Meadowlands, but this year I'm feeling much more confident about the Skin's chances:

1. LB Michael Boley is suspended for this game.

2. Chris Canty had that hamstring tear and the last I heard he probably won't play against us (if he does, he hasn't seen the field in awhile)

3. Giants receivers. No Burress and no Toomer? Those are the guys who I specifically remember having big games against us in the past years. Hakeem Nicks has looked very dangerous in the preseason games thus far, but I have a lot of confidence in our secondary to keep him in check.

4. LT David Diehl for the Giants has looked particularly unimpressive in my opinion and will be worked all game by Orakpo, Carter, Daniels... whoever they throw at him. Our D-line is nasty and should be getting pressure on Manning. Manning is very susceptible to making bad decisions in the face of pressure (most quarterbacks are to be fair, but I'd cite last year's game and the fact we should have had about 5 interceptions had there not been so many drops by our defense).

5. Campbell and our offense are much further ahead than last year going into the 1st game, and the first team has some momentum going into this week's game.

24-13 Redskins

3. Giants receivers. No Burress and no Toomer?

As ridiculous as it seems, I remember Toomer really being the thorn in the Skins side. The guy didn't make huge plays yardage wise, but it seemed like every 3rd down he'd catch a ball and move the chains.

I'm SOOOOOO glad he's gone.

As ridiculous as it seems, I remember Toomer really being the thorn in the Skins side. The guy didn't make huge plays yardage wise, but it seemed like every 3rd down he'd catch a ball and move the chains.

I'm SOOOOOO glad he's gone.

Nobody killed Bailey like Toomer did. He would torch Bailey every time.

I agree with everything the Skins backers are saying (Giants have no offense). I'll also add that losing Spagnolo will hurt them on D.

Skins 20

Giants 6

Skins - 24

The Other Team - 20

Ends In A Heart attack finish, Giants driving down the field for a TD then failing to convert on 4th down. And Campbell knees and we win.

God man.

Can't we wait until game three or something for that kind of finish?

My heart can't take 16 games of that kind of stuff.

Archived