Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

If Mark Rypien had stayed healthy in 1990, the Redskins would have won the super bowl.

---------- Post added July-14th-2012 at 12:25 AM ----------

I imagine our first game against the Saints will include us facing a very highly motivated Drew Brees (and the whole team) now....

I was at the game in 2010 when the skins had them beat but choked. I think they're in trouble this year.

---------- Post added July-14th-2012 at 12:29 AM ----------

Another random thought: Ricky Sanders' 1988 season was very underrated. 73 receptions, 1148 yds, 12 tds.

Is expecting 20 td's from the passing game and 20 more from the run game realistic?

It might be a little too optimistic, given we don't really have a workhorse running back for the goal line. We also can't expect Griffin to duplicate the 14 rush TDs Newton had, which IMO is the only way the team would be able to close in on 20 rush TDs.

Twenty pass TDs is definitely reasonable, though. Maybe 20 pass, 12-15 rush. Put us in the middle of the pack in the NFL.

It might be a little too optimistic, given we don't really have a workhorse running back for the goal line. We also can't expect Griffin to duplicate the 14 rush TDs Newton had, which IMO is the only way the team would be able to close in on 20 rush TDs.

Twenty pass TDs is definitely reasonable, though. Maybe 20 pass, 12-15 rush. Put us in the middle of the pack in the NFL.

Yeah a VERY optimistic look on my part LOL. Actually i was considering that20 without RG's rushing td's. Something like Helu 10, Royster 6 and Morris/Young 4.

I realize it's a passing league nowadays but boy i love watching a running game that's clicking on ALL cylinders.

As long as Kyle doesn't get too pass happy like the first half of last season i see us running a pretty wide open offense.

I just saw the new RG3 Adizero commercial. It's not the "what light can do" one that's on youtube, it's BAD as mother. It gave me goosebumps.

Basically it shows this football player going through his prep, riding the bus to the stadium, getting taped up, waiting to charge the field and the guy is so worried about the game that he keeps imagining RG3s face on the people he comes in contact with (the trainer in the training room, a band member when they're about to storm the field) and the whole time RG3 is talking about how scary "light" is, in reference to the shoe they're advertising.

I only got to see it once, but I'm trying to find it

Edited by FSUSkins24

RG3 is working out with the vets offsite while his agent & Bruce finish his contract.

Figured if I drop this here it'd have a better chance of being seen then in the two OMG FREAKOUT JUST GIVE HIM WHAT HE WANTS THREADS. :)

as a pretty rabid skins fan this has been the most "tuned out" off season for me ... weird considering RG3's arrival ... I wonder if the Nats success has anythign to do with that. I haven't watched this much baseball since the days off Ripken, Boggs, Brett, Cecil Fielder, Rob Deer, etc. etc.

Just saw the Around the Horn guys talking about the Redskins and RG3 and him not signing. Yep they're idiots,(this just in). Should rename the show. Around the ES Stadium Forums.

There ya go.

That sounds about right. :ols:

Edited by STBonecrusher21

Just saw the Around the Horn guys talking about the Redskins and RG3 and him not signing. Yep they're idiots,(this just in). Should rename the show. Around the Ass,(more like out our up).

Yeah, I saw that too. I can't believe how stupid they sounded.

You gave out money to Albert Haynesworth but can't pay your best draft pick ever??

They criticize us when we don't pay, they criticize when we do pay, they need to just shut up and actually do some research.

I must have missed something last year, I didn't know that RG3 punted 3 times. In his sophomore year he had a 59 yard punt. If you want to know just how incredible that is, you go to a football field and try to punt the ball 59 yards. :ols: