Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Has the Haskins era ended, as quickly as it started?

Short of injury I am not sure he will be active again this year, unless Dan calls downstairs. One can only imgaine the sweeping changes that'll happen this offseason. I remain adamant that a new coach from outside the org is likely going to want to trade him unless he progresses significantly this year.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

Now you have to wonder was Haskins kept on the bench because Jay honestly believed the other 2 QB's could save his job or was Haskins kept on the bench because Jay wanted the hell out of here... 🤔

You don't honestly believe a head coach who values his job and is sitting at 0-4 would go on a bar hopping drinking binge and then expose himself in a drunken stupor through the streets hitting on college girls ? Do you ?

• Like 1

I haven't done much screaming at the TV this season, it's gonna be what it's gonna be. 

But as the Fins were driving at the end of the game, I damn near lost my brain. If they woulda converted the 2, it would be gone for sure...same way Shanny tried to beat the Falcons with Kirk...I was there, thinking we'd kick the PAT & get some free football & a chance to win. I was wrong.

It's good to be on the winning end for a change. :headbang:

• Like 1

I wonder what happened to Lou Spanos. Back when Jim Hasletthoff was our reviled DC, Spanos started getting a following on the board as a potential DC. That never happened, and he bounced around a few NCAA teams. Still, he had a little bit of a following around here. I miss the angry rabbit defense.

video_the_redskins_defense_has_a_bunnicu

Got another one. Marc Verica, UVA QB who went undrafted in 2011. He got cut after serving as a QB for us in training camp during the labor lockdown.

Turns out he wasn't such a loser after all. He went to France and got an award for being the best foreign player in one of their league's divisions. That's all Shanaclan coaching right there.

Edited by NickyJ

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Preston Smith is #3 in the league in sacks with 7.0 in 6 games. What a time to be alive! Where was this when we had him? 

Montez Sweat has been rather unimpressive in comparison. 

It was there the whole time...everyone just to stubborn to notice it..but I did..was I the only fan that wanted his contract extended?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

In the past I would have agreed with you 100% but now days I find it hard to watch other games. Seeing good play and seeing explayers playing well for their new teams

Ahh to each there own

.god damn zebras made it harder being a legit fan last night..god theres been some killer games this year..if ya didn't catch the rams hawks game a few Thursdays ago and ya can drag your self to watch a good football game, I highly recommend that game..and last nights game packers against the lions..aaaaand the cowpukes loss to the jets..and there loss to the saints and packers..all great games this year...

50 minutes ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

In the past I would have agreed with you 100% but now days I find it hard to watch other games. Seeing good play and seeing explayers playing well for their new teams

I have threatened to stop watching the Skins twice before. I'm actually following through this year. For me the Skins are the NFL. In the past I would watch other games if a divisional or conference rival. With not watching the Skins (and 6th year not buying merch) this is my only dose of NFL except for the Skins box score. I am getting a lot more done on Sunday and I am becoming a fan of baseball again.