Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do You Support the Success of Jason Campbell?

[[ghost]]

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

What?? Seriously dude what are you talking about?

I realize that i was wrong??

Really? You are telling me that i realized i was wrong?

That's news to me, what praytell was i wrong about that i supposedly attempted to admit?

You are flat-out lying again and it just ain't cool bro.

Use the quote feature and stop lying

In the JC highlight video thread:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=292021&page=8

You know what is real about you?

You don't like JC and it bother's you when Redskin's fans show support their QB.

This thread is about watching and enjoying some highlights from our starting QB before the season starts.

-After you realize I am not bashing Campbell but supporting the offensive line, after people have made outrageous claims that "everyone" had there way with our offensive line last season

My bad dude, i have to admit that i saw it was you and just figured you were doing your usual.

I was just hoping that this thread wouldn't turn into a homers/haters battle.

-Your pathetic attempt at admitting your wrong, still trying to put the blame on me

-How quickly you seem to forget

My handle says it all!

Jason's all heart and this will be his first chance in his short NFL career to enter a season in a system that he's familiar with. He will have a really good year, then keep getting better year after year until he masters it. Danny boy will be eating crow this season, and he'll be writing Jason a huge signing bonus check to go with his gigantic new contract.

Great post rubynj! ... hopefully the agony you feel (and me) will be over soon.:point2sky

Feel the same here and if the game is on the line with 2:00 to go I would rather have the defense out there because they have a better chance to score then we do with Jason in there.

This a valid question here! Sad but true. I have heard more bashing of Jason Campbell here than anywhere. Its a sad state of affairs when fans fail to see the value of a top-tier QB like Jason Campbell, yeah, TOP-TIER!

This kid is an absolute diamond and many of his homers treat him like a lump of coal. Its sickening! I'll bet these were the same clique that was screaming Pro Bowl last year when Jason Campbell lead us to one of the best mid season records in the league. I am a huge supporter of the success of Jason Campbell and my beloved Washington Redskins! I am 100% confident that Jason will lead us back to glory!

One request though, please, all ye of little faith, please don't start singing his praises after we win the East this year and march right into thick of the playoffs putting up huge numbers all the while. Please, have the fortitude to stay off the bandwagon and keep calling for his head. I'll be watching the highlights on Sportscenter....

HAIL

This a valid question here! Sad but true. I have heard more bashing of Jason Campbell here than anywhere. Its a sad state of affairs when fans fail to see the value of a top-tier QB like Jason Campbell, yeah, TOP-TIER!

This kid is an absolute diamond and many of his homers treat him like a lump of coal. Its sickening! I'll bet these were the same clique that was screaming Pro Bowl last year when Jason Campbell lead us to one of the best mid season records in the league. I am a huge supporter of the success of Jason Campbell and my beloved Washington Redskins! I am 100% confident that Jason will lead us back to glory!

One request though, please, all ye of little faith, please don't start singing his praises after we win the East this year and march right into thick of the playoffs putting up huge numbers all the while. Please, have the fortitude to stay off the bandwagon and keep calling for his head. I'll be watching the highlights on Sportscenter....

HAIL

Don't have to worry about me.

BTW first 8 games of last year I guess it was all him huh? He really looked sharp for all 13 TD's that's for sure.

Also if he is a diamond how come no one wanted to trade for him?

I just want a QB that when he walks out on the field behind by 4 points with 2 minutes to go you know you have a REALLY GOOD chance to score and win the game. Don't have that with Jason period.

In the JC highlight video thread:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=292021&page=8

-After you realize I am not bashing Campbell but supporting the offensive line, after people have made outrageous claims that "everyone" had there way with our offensive line last season

-Your pathetic attempt at admitting your wrong, still trying to put the blame on me

-How quickly you seem to forget

Dude, you are such a child.

You call me out in this thread for something that happened in another.

Where i graciously and needlessly apologized in an attempt to prevent you from hijacking another thread with your bile.

-A thread with Campbell's name in the title, and you expect the QB controversey not to come up? Wow, be realistic, this thread is about Campbell, so any judgement is his performance is clearly relevant
Yeah it's a shame that we know them by name...it could be a thread about baking a Redskin Cake and they would turn it into how if Campbell made a Redskin cake it would take him too long to crack the eggs or read the directions on the back of the box.
Any thread with JC's name it makes it a QB controversey thread?:doh:

You know what is real about you?

You don't like JC and it bother's you when Redskin's fans show support their QB.

This thread is about watching and enjoying some highlights from our starting QB before the season starts.

HTTR!

-Actually I haven't been bashing our QB in this thread, I tried to respect your wishes... Aside, from one joke

-What I have been doing is supporting our offensive line, someone made the statement that Campbell never has more than 3 seconds I proved it to be untrue. Had they not bashed our offensive line I never would have spoke up

My bad dude, i have to admit that i saw it was you and just figured you were doing your usual.

I was just hoping that this thread wouldn't turn into a homers/haters battle.

No I am sorry you have nothing to applogize to Mahons21 for . He is up to his usual and has hijacked yet another thread to bash the QB . A thread that was supposed to be positive.

There are a gazzilion threads you can talk about Campbell, the offensive line, WR, Jim zorn but no he has to bring his comments into this thread .

Now, look at the tone of your posts as compared with mine.

I don't want to pile on, but i've had this same problem with you before.

Representing your opinion as fact.

I'm glad to hear you'll work on it.

HTTR!

-So you call me out in a different thread, realize your wrong, though you make a piss poor attempt at actually admitting you are completely incorrect. Then just leave and find another thread where you can whine about my posts, its really pathetic

Look, dude.

People are on to you.

Call it whatever you want it doesn't change the fact that you often represent your opinions as fact.

I was pointing it out so you would know that elkabong82 is not the only person that has noticed.

I wish people on this board could disagree and keep it civil but with people like you in this forum that ain't the case.

How about this, try and post like we were sitting in a bar watching the game.

If you posted in that frame of mind i guarantee, it would change the way you post.

Also if he is a diamond how come no one wanted to trade for him?

You assume he was available for the highest bidder, when really there is no evidence that he was ever on the market by himself.

I just want a QB that when he walks out on the field behind by 4 points with 2 minutes to go you know you have a REALLY GOOD chance to score and win the game. Don't have that with Jason period.

No successful QB does it all by himself. (Except maybe in the 49ers game last year, where he did single-handedly score the go-ahead TD. Too bad the defense dropped the ball.) All QBs have a surrounding cast who help to make his job easier.

Fact is, this team has struggled in the red zone for years, before Campbell was even the QB of this team. There have been too many times when we've come up short on drives and have had to kick the field goal.

Bottom line.

This is the year,hes the guy and no more excuses. Pretty much everything on this team has been improved and that includes o-line.

2nd year in the wco

2nd year for "the weapons of the 08 draft"

contract year

20-25 tds the playoffs or bust.

You assume he was available for the highest bidder, when really there is no evidence that he was ever on the market by himself.

No successful QB does it all by himself. (Except maybe in the 49ers game last year, where he did single-handedly score the go-ahead TD. Too bad the defense dropped the ball.) All QBs have a surrounding cast who help to make his job easier.

Fact is, this team has struggled in the red zone for years, before Campbell was even the QB of this team. There have been too many times when we've come up short on drives and have had to kick the field goal.

too bad our kicker sucks too. swish is so unreliable.

once the opening kickoff in week 1 happens, i'll root like hell for Skins and JC to win that game and as many games as possible

the early part of the schedule is pretty easy this season, so we should be 6-2 or 5-3 in the 1st half

however, if the offense still can't manage to put up points (20+, which isn't a lot) and JC isn't doing his part, then at that point, i will root for a change in QB

Just like they did when Todd came in the last 4 games of '07? One guy seemed to make a hell of a difference then didn't it?

once the opening kickoff in week 1 happens, i'll root like hell for Skins and JC to win that game and as many games as possible

the early part of the schedule is pretty easy this season, so we should be 6-2 or 5-3 in the 1st half

however, if the offense still can't manage to put up points (20+, which isn't a lot) and JC isn't doing his part, then at that point, i will root for a change in QB

What about the whole winning attitude? If we're winning and JC isn't screwing it up, do you throw in Brennan because of the extreme potentials of him either thriving or failing miserably? What about sticking with the hot guy? Very few teams purposely change QBs when they are winning.

Just like they did when Todd came in the last 4 games of '07? One guy seemed to make a hell of a difference then didn't it?

Agreed. If JC struggles early on, I say let Todd Collins have at it.

...After we bring Al Saunders back.

];6585416']

Agreed. If JC struggles early on' date=' I say let Todd Collins have at it.

...After we bring Al Saunders back.[/quote']

Yea, I'm not sold on Todd Collins in this offense. I may be wrong but hasn't he played in Al Saunders offense his whole career?

Your hypo is premised on fantasy. JC is going to somehow turn around his 0-8 record against teams finishing with 10 or more wins over the past two years and take us to the conference championship?

He has had enough of a sample to judge him and it is time to bench the lame duck. He will very likely not be here next year, so why waste anymore time with him. We have had plenty of failures at QB, JC probably being among the worst in terms of amount of time wasted on the player.

So there is 0% chance that you're wrong? none at all? I mean, I guess I'm man enough to admit that I might be wrong about something.

And you didn't answer my question because you decided it was based in fantasy. So live in fantasy. If JC does well, which is possible, would you be willing to concede you were wrong? Or would you prefer for him to fail so that you can say that you were right?

I didn't say I want the team to struggle ... quite the opposite ... if Campbell were gone ... the team WOULD NOT struggle ... only improve drastically. Did you see Campbell play aginst the 49ers in last year's last game? ... he was dreadful ... an embarassment. This is what we have to look forward to if he stays ... more of the same dreadful play at QB. Please spare me with your hypothetical ... its merely conjectural. There is no speculation with Campbell ... he stinks.

Basically the same comment as above. There is absolutely no chance in the world that he could succeed. None.

These absolute statements one way or the other are just ludicrous. Nobody really knows until the season starts if he will stink this year or not. QBs have great years out of nowhere.

I am pretty sure that you all would have been on the bandwagon to get rid of Mark Rypien before the 1991 season. Even players were questioning him. Charles Mann didn't think he could get it done. He had been benched. Had wallowed around a bit. And didn't show a whole heck of a lot of promise. And out of nowhere, he puts together one of the best seasons a redskins qb ever had.

And I'm not saying that JC is Mark Rypien of 1991. But he might be Mark Rypien of 1989 and 1990. MIGHT BE. Might not be. Who knows? But there were a lot of people who thought MR stunk, and you couldn't win with MR, and there were MORE questions about him, because you couldn't deny the talent around him: solid Defense, one of the best O-Lines in the history of the game, and a WR corps that contained a future HOFer (Monk) and Gary Clark AND Ricky Sanders. So there was no way you could question anything other than the QB.

Just saying, everybody needs to chill out and just let it play out, and root for whoever's on the field. If JC plays well, that's good. Generally, good QB play means that the team is winning. Which, as a 'Skins fan, is good.

If he doesn't play well, then he won't be around, and somebody else can give it a go. Whether it's Colt or somebody else not on the roster, who knows...

];6585416']What about the whole winning attitude? If we're winning and JC isn't screwing it up' date=' do you throw in Brennan because of the extreme potentials of him either thriving or failing miserably? What about sticking with the hot guy? Very few teams purposely change QBs when they are winning.

Agreed. If JC struggles early on, I say let Todd Collins have at it.

...After we bring Al Saunders back.[/quote']

So if Todd is that bad what does that say about Jason. Forget about the system for a minute. Did you even see those games? The offense looked like a totally different team from the second Todd went in there. They looked younger, faster with an attitude and all I want is to see that again. We will not see that as long as Jason is behind center. Energy will be high for the first game but as Jason shows he is the same old Jason the team will sink back losing it's edge etc. just like last year.

Archived