Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do You Support the Success of Jason Campbell?

[[ghost]]

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Ahh, the running joke that is SoCal. Nothing to contribute, so let's distract by bringing up other threads from months ago, and while were at, let's distort what really happened, you do it when discussing football, so why should now be any different.

Grow up, and until then, keep me on ignore and don't respond to me.

You can put me on ignore. I don't bury my head in the sand like some of you. I have no problem debating facts. Everyone can search your posting history and decide for themselves. When you make comments regarding posting behavior instead of football related comments, you better expect to be called out on your own posting habits and history.

-Im sorry, but this is a message board and not english class... I thought people understood that when reading anothers post, they would understand it as that being there opinion... Its not as if I was pretending to be some fortune teller.

-I give the team lots of credit, however I don't think this offense will be able to average about 20 ppg under Campbell, which I believe will be necessary to reach 10 wins.

-Certainly our team would have done better down the stretch without injuries to the o-line, but our o-line is now a year older and that much more injury prone... What gives you such confidence they will remain healthy for this entire season? Which seems to be necessary for us to come close to a 10 win season

-While the added defensive pressure will help create shortfields, in my opinon it won't have a large impact on our redzone efficiency, which really is where our offense struggles

-Sorry I just haven't seen you call out any of those who support Campbell when they bash our defense and offensive weapons... Not saying you haven't, thats just what I have seen thats why I generated the opinion I did

-Completely agree, however when your problem is you simply can't get in the endzone, that needs to be addressed.

-Your secondary need to be as good when you have such a dominant pass rush obviously, but there secondary isn't exactly awful and many expect Phillips to emerge as a stud this season

-They also drafted a WR in the 1st round to make up for the loss of Plax and possible weakness in there receiving core

-I personally don't look at every weakness, what I disagree with, is people who claim we can't accurately judge Campbell's performance so far because he hasn't had enough of a supporting cast... That is what really irritates me

This is a message board where people use facts to support their opinion, so there needs to be a distinguishment from the two in the language you use. Some do it accidentally, I've done so myslef as well, but there are those who do it intentionally, for example people saying that no team would trade for Campbell. This isn't true. The team said JC was never on the trade block. Yet some keep parroting it, as if it will eventually come true if they keep repeating it.

I think w/ shorter fields, a better line, and better WRs that Campbell has the ability this season to improve ppg to 20+. But that's a simple difference of opinion, and both sides of that argument have valid points. I personally lean towards the side that believes he can. I have no problem with those that disagree, I have a problem with those who do it to the point of overkill, like BLC.

I have more confidence in the OL because Chris Samuels is back fully healthy, we have Dockery instead of Kendall, Randy Thomas is healthy, and Rinehart will be pushing him for his spot, and then we have Heyer back on the right, but having to fight w/ Mike Williams and Bridges for the spot. Our depth this year is younger than last year as well. I still think Randy Thomas is an injury concern, but I fully expect Rinehart will be ready to step in should the unfortunate happen to Randy Thomas.

I think Devin Thomas will supplant Randle El as the #2 WR, and that bolsters the redzone attack. If we have Moss and ARE as the primary WRs in the redzone, we're screwed this year. Kelly hopefully stays healthy, and Davis is expected to see more time to. Who knows if either will actually see more time, but Zorn has said they will and I'm hopeful that it happens.

You may not have seen me call out those who bash certain aspect, mostly because I haven't been arpund much recently.

However, I can tell you that I've defended our defense after the '06 debacle, even putting my sig on the line that they'd be top 10 again in '07. This past season I said that we had a good defense, but they weren't as good as the #4 ranking would indicate, mostly because of their deficiencies in turnovers and sacks, as well as them giving up a few long drives late in the game which set the other team up for the win (Rams and 49ers come immediately to mind). That's why I'm excited about Haynesworth and Orakpo being here now, and how they could help not only the D, but the O as well.

Cool on the other stuff.

Lst part- I personally have only said that I believe we haven't seen enough from Campbell to tell for sure whether he is a franchise QB or a bust, and that is due in part to the problems we've had with the OL, as well as inconsistentcies in schemes, etc. I, like most, believe it's do or die this season for Campbell. Even if the OL collapses this season again, he has to show more, he to continue to improve. If he doesn't I have no problem with the team going in another direction.

You can put me on ignore. I don't bury my head in the sand like some of you. I have no problem debating facts. Everyone can search your posting history and decide for themselves. When you make comments regarding posting behavior instead of football related comments, you better expect to be called out on your own posting habits and history.

Your whole perspective has its head buried in the sand.

I used to think putting people on ignore wasn't a good idea, but boneheads like you consistently spew out tripe like that above, and it's difficult to ignore unless it's already blocked. I already had you on ignore, but I decided to look at your post anyways because I knew there was a good chance it was a response to me. It was, and all it was was you trying to distract from the real topic and stir up a bunch of crap.

You obviously do have a problem debating facts seeing as you posted in a thread completely off topic.

Just to clear it up, once and only once have I said I believed someone was talking in a racist manner, and that was because they were using words like slow to describe Campbell's demeanor. That person then clarified what they meant, and I kindly apologized. The only ones who haven't been able to let it go are a-holoes like you who'd rather cause a bunch of arguments than actually discuss something.

But oh no, you're right, something that happened one time is clearly indicative of who I am and therefor you were right in bringing that up as if it's something I do all the time.:doh:

Like I said, grow up, child.

-Analyzing a players statistics and performance is not ****ing and moaning, its debating

-Again this is a message board, I assumed most people understood what poeple are expressing is there opinion... This isn't college paper... I'll work on that when im dicussing something with you though, apparently you need to see the words "in my opinion"

-See above quote

-For myself? Earlier today, yesterday, this weekend... I guess you didn't check it.

-Those who support Campbell often speak with lots of negativity, look at how Passizle talks about our receiving core, look at those who complain about our defense... Yet you don't share your opinion about negativity in those threads

Yeah, statistical analysis isn't ****ing and moaning. Creating a sig that you think is funny, meant solely to demean a player, and then repeating the same stuff and making jokes at the expense of the same player, in every single thread which mentions him, clearly is ****ing and moaning. I thought I already made this distinction.

Would you mind providing a link to where you posted something positive? Like I said, go check the post history of those agreeing with you in here, and tell me if you have as much luck. That's a very telling sign right there, but can you understand the message?

And like I said, this is a message board where facts are used to support opinions. There needs to be a distinguishment between the two, but a lot of times people don't. Some are accidental (myself included), some are intentional.

Well, I don't see Passizzle in every thread about our WRs saying "they are terrible, they'll be replaced by week 11" nor do I see him creating a sig to express said displeasure, nor do I see him repeating the same stuff in every thread that mentions a WR, nor do I see him taking cheap shots at the WRs in every thread. See the difference?

-My favorite part of that whole debate has to be the fact that all these guys consider Zorn the ultimate evaluator of QB talent, because he was the QB coach in SEA with Matt H... McDaniels on the other hand works with arguably the best QB in the history of the NFL, and Matt Cassell who has quickly made a name for himself in the NFL..

-But when Zorn says Campbell is out starter over Colt, its because he knows sooo much... But when McDaniels takes Orton over Campbell, he doesn't know anything.

McDaniels' judgment on QBs is questionable because he had a higher opinion of Cassel, who was worth a second-round pick in trade, than he did of Jay Cutler, who netted the biggest trade return for one player in NFL history.

Jim Zorn probably knows more about QBs than any man alive.

You know, there's been accusations back and forth across many JC/Colt threads. But I don't think even the most ardent Colt Brennan supporter wants to see JC fail, because that means the Skins are failing.

Amen to that. I mean, what the heck are you REALLY asking?

You know, there's been accusations back and forth across many JC/Colt threads. But I don't think even the most ardent Colt Brennan supporter wants to see JC fail, because that means the Skins are failing.

There were a few last year that said they wouldnt mind us going 0-5 if it meant Colt would start. Hell one guy even said it would be great that with every loss, it means Colt gets closer to starting.

Frankly, I think Colt nut-huggers and Jason nut-huggers hate each other more than Colt and Jason probably do.

and also that the campbell supporters can finally face the facts that he isnt really that good.

I couldn't let this go. So, it's ok that the team fails so that you can prove your point?

Wouldn't the opposite also be true: You want him to fail so that you can say "I Told You So!"

That's a really bad attitude. It's selfish and mean spiritied.

-----------------

I always root for anybody wearing the uniform. Period.

I hope that JC succeeds. Because he's on the field. When he's not on the field, then I'll root for the guy who's on the field to succeed.

I hope Colt Brennan wins the backup job from Todd Collins. I don't think he will, but I hope he does.

Somebody stated that they hoped JC would have a great year, put up big numbers, then get signed elsewhere. I can't fathom this. If you finally have a QB who does that, why in God's name would you want to start over? (I know, some people just don't like JC and would rather get rid of him than see him succeed. See the 50 no votes above.)

This is not a question of whether you think JC will or will not. The question is, would you prefer to see him fail or would you prefer to see him succeed. I don't wish to see anybody fail. Unless they wear a star on their helmet.

On the "more people want Colt Brennan to fail" comment, bullpucky. He can't fail. Because he's not playing. And nobody should want any player on their team to fail so that they are right and others are wrong.

It's ok to be wrong. If you don't think JC can hack it, but he does, it's ok to say, "wow, didn't think he could do it, glad he did." Or, "I thought JC could do it, he couldn't, bummer. Time to see what the next guy can do."

The "I told you so" mentality is just so 2nd grade.

--Again this is a message board, I assumed most people understood what poeple are expressing is there opinion... This isn't college paper... I'll work on that when im dicussing something with you though, apparently you need to see the words "in my opinion"

I don't want to pile on, but i've had this same problem with you before.

Representing your opinion as fact.

I'm glad to hear you'll work on it.

HTTR!

HTTR!

-So you call me out in a different thread, realize your wrong, though you make a piss poor attempt at actually admitting you are completely incorrect. Then just leave and find another thread where you can whine about my posts, its really pathetic

-So you call me out in a different thread, realize your wrong, though you make a piss poor attempt at actually admitting you are completely incorrect. Then just leave and find another thread where you can whine about my posts, its really pathetic

No Mahons i didn't call you out i was being civil.

I think you need to RELAX.

This is what i posted:

HTTR!

I was agreeing with elkabong82 because i've had the exact same problem with you remember?

Also,^^ you're confusing your OPINION for fact.

You assume JC doesn't know, because he didn't throw the ball.

But, there is no way to know with certainity what happened.

-How am I confusing opinion for fact? In my opinion he needs to get rid of the ball at the end of his drop....

LoL, you didn't couch your statement with "imo" and you didn't only say that he needs to get rid of the ball, which btw is obvious

this is what you said:

-However on other 7 step drops Campbell is unable to get rid of the ball because he does not know who he is throwing to

This is an example of confusing your opinion for fact.

How can you possibly know that JC doesn't know who he is throwing to?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So you call me out in a different thread,.

What are you talking about?

Why do you feel like i called you out?

Because i take the time to sift through your posts and challange some the garbage you spew about JC?

And for the record you are the one calling me out in this thread.

I make an attempt to be civil and you post this unsupported nonsense

which you have tried before and had to apologize, here is an example remember:

In your previous post you accused me of discrediting Colt by pumping up Collins.

Now you are accusing me of discrediting every player on the team?

I'm gonna have to call BS on this bro,

Where is the proof ? Use the search feature.

Lets's see it?

I challenge you to produces these plentiful instances where i 'discredit' a Redskins player.

You should either admit that you are wrong/mistaken or show actual show proof.

There is thing called SEARCH use it or stop lying.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showpost.php?p=6559781&postcount=611

-I may have been mistaking you with another Campbell supporter my mistake, I didn't know you spoke so highly of Colt, though I doubt it is anything more than you playing politics.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now you call me out with this:

[you] realize your wrong, though you make a piss poor attempt at actually admitting you are completely incorrect

What?? Seriously dude what are you talking about?

I realize that i was wrong??

Really? You are telling me that i realized i was wrong?

That's news to me, what praytell was i wrong about that i supposedly attempted to admit?

You are flat-out lying again and it just ain't cool bro.

Use the quote feature and stop lying

I voted no. I want him outa here ASAP. He sucks and is holding the Skins back. BTW, this is the dumbest thread I've ever read on this Board. I just want to live long enought to cheer for a Skins team that has a top-5 QB, beats up on the teams in its Division and is in the hunt for the SB. There ... I feel alot better now.

I voted no. I want him outa here ASAP. He sucks and is holding the Skins back. BTW, this is the dumbest thread I've ever read on this Board. I just want to live long enought to cheer for a Skins team that has a top-5 QB, beats up on the teams in its Division and is in the hunt for the SB. There ... I feel alot better now.

Right. Good to see you would prefer to see the team struggle than succeed. Noted.

If JC succeeds, will you still want him out of here? Forget what you think he can do. Let's pretend for a second you're wrong.

Let's say that he passes for 3700 yards and 28TDs, makes the pro bowl and the 'Skins get to the NFC championship game. Would you still say he sucked and wanted him out, or would you concede that you might have been wrong, and want him to stay? Really, just curious.

NOTE: I'm not predicting that he will do this. I'm asking a complete hypothetical.

Campbell will never bring us a super bowl. He is not the guy. He just doesn;t have it in him and you can tell by how slow he's been progressing. Now this is not to say that he can;t have a good year. What i'm afraid of is that he will have his one good year when it matters. Just enough to make us rationale keeping him which will in turn hold us years back from having an actual super bowl calibur qb in our starting lineup.

Campbell will never bring us a super bowl. He is not the guy. He just doesn;t have it in him and you can tell by how slow he's been progressing. Now this is not to say that he can;t have a good year. What i'm afraid of is that he will have his one good year when it matters. Just enough to make us rationale keeping him which will in turn hold us years back from having an actual super bowl calibur qb in our starting lineup.

Devil's advocate, I submit the same scenario that I submitted above: Forget what you think he can do, let's say that he passes for 3700 yards and 28 TDs, the 'Skins go to the NFC Championship game.

What are your thoughts? Still think that he doesn't have it? And therefor the 'Skins should not resign him and take their chances with either Brennan or somebody not on the roster? Or admit that maybe he does have it, or he developed it late...

I don't honestly know the answer to this question. Personally, I think that I would stick to the known assuming the known was what I suggested above rather than venturing into the unknown. But that's me.

NOTE: I'm not predicting that he will do this. I'm asking a complete hypothetical.

Your hypo is premised on fantasy. JC is going to somehow turn around his 0-8 record against teams finishing with 10 or more wins over the past two years and take us to the conference championship?

He has had enough of a sample to judge him and it is time to bench the lame duck. He will very likely not be here next year, so why waste anymore time with him. We have had plenty of failures at QB, JC probably being among the worst in terms of amount of time wasted on the player.

So 48...SoCalSkins, BLC, Soup, wvtbred, Hunter R and Emohag...that makes 42 Hawaiians on this board then?

I actually voted yes, but it's a loaded poll question.

What makes you think that we all love Colt because we don't think Campbell is any good? Personally, I don't the the qb of the future is on the roster.

Right. Good to see you would prefer to see the team struggle than succeed. Noted.

If JC succeeds, will you still want him out of here? Forget what you think he can do. Let's pretend for a second you're wrong.

Let's say that he passes for 3700 yards and 28TDs, makes the pro bowl and the 'Skins get to the NFC championship game. Would you still say he sucked and wanted him out, or would you concede that you might have been wrong, and want him to stay? Really, just curious.

I didn't say I want the team to struggle ... quite the opposite ... if Campbell were gone ... the team WOULD NOT struggle ... only improve drastically. Did you see Campbell play aginst the 49ers in last year's last game? ... he was dreadful ... an embarassment. This is what we have to look forward to if he stays ... more of the same dreadful play at QB. Please spare me with your hypothetical ... its merely conjectural. There is no speculation with Campbell ... he stinks.

I couldn't let this go. So, it's ok that the team fails so that you can prove your point?

Wouldn't the opposite also be true: You want him to fail so that you can say "I Told You So!"

That's a really bad attitude. It's selfish and mean spiritied.

-----------------

I always root for anybody wearing the uniform. Period.

I hope that JC succeeds. Because he's on the field. When he's not on the field, then I'll root for the guy who's on the field to succeed.

I hope Colt Brennan wins the backup job from Todd Collins. I don't think he will, but I hope he does.

Somebody stated that they hoped JC would have a great year, put up big numbers, then get signed elsewhere. I can't fathom this. If you finally have a QB who does that, why in God's name would you want to start over? (I know, some people just don't like JC and would rather get rid of him than see him succeed. See the 50 no votes above.)

This is not a question of whether you think JC will or will not. The question is, would you prefer to see him fail or would you prefer to see him succeed. I don't wish to see anybody fail. Unless they wear a star on their helmet.

On the "more people want Colt Brennan to fail" comment, bullpucky. He can't fail. Because he's not playing. And nobody should want any player on their team to fail so that they are right and others are wrong.

It's ok to be wrong. If you don't think JC can hack it, but he does, it's ok to say, "wow, didn't think he could do it, glad he did." Or, "I thought JC could do it, he couldn't, bummer. Time to see what the next guy can do."

The "I told you so" mentality is just so 2nd grade.

Yea so? Jason is bad enough that sometimes i just cant even watch.

You realize this is just a game right? If the redskins win the superbowl this year what you will be happy and have a few extra bragging rights...possibly party it up. But like me and the rest of the world still must go on with life and make it to work that monday or tuesday.

Im not saying you dont work..ect,but what I am saying is your not a redskin,you certainly arent going to sit here and tell me im not a fan,or a hater because of what I said.I have every right to an opinion as you do be it second grade or not. Obviously I along with everyone want the TEAM to do well,but I dont care that much. we go 0-16 or19-0 its just a game,its something to pass the time,its entertainment.

Maybe its just that jason has given me no reason to support him.

Maybe id rather the team suck just so he can be shipped out.

The reasons i love watching football are these....

1.sacks-we dont get many

2.interceptions-also lacking

3.Bombs down the field-something jason does maybe 1 or twice a season and only against teams like the aints<--not a typo

4.big hits-thanks london and laron.

5.touchdowns/points on the board-yet another thing lacking.

Now this is my take,others may differ and that list is not in any sort of order. I feel like we are lacking in all those catagorys because of jason campbell. I feel like if we had a comfortable lead in games,the picks and sacks will come alot easier,the quarterback if he were a leader would get it done. NO player in there right mind wouldnt want to take it to the house on every play. The big hits i think every team has those.

We hear stories about how the qb changed the play at the line..even about jason last year,well why doesnt he do that more? why is there an entire cult,it seems like the majority of this board at times wanting this guys head? I dont understand the excuses provided for jc and never said colt is the next brady only that he deserves a shot at least due to the complete inability ive seen from jason.

When i said the quoted statement,I took into consideration that i went to 4 games last year and watched all the rest,wasting my whole day to watch our awesome but lackluster defense,top 5 runningback who puts it all on the line to block for a guy that holds the ball forever,and recievers that were getting seperation...all for nothing because of 1 man holding them back. Not once did i see a throw to a destination where a reciever could catch it in stride and just run with it. I saw screen pass after screen pass,cooley line up as fullback,motion out catch it drag 2 or 3 guys and go down. I saw horrible clock management,the worst 2 min drill possible and a team that lacked a leader down the strech.

Manning,brady,farve,mcnabb...i can name 15-20 others that would get right in the face of there team and say we win this or were going home. HOw many times have i heard sounds of the game saying,we need to put the ball in the endzone..plenty...how many from jc...0. Maybe he does and if thats the case its not good enough,not for me at least.

As a redskins fan he is not good enough for me untill he can prove he can live up to being called a former first round pick,a starter,and pro bowl canadiate. thats what i want to see. thats what we all should want to see,not flashes,not potential...results.

Archived