Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do You Support the Success of Jason Campbell?

[[ghost]]

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

scott pioli just signed cassel to a 63 million dollar contract, so theres at least two smart football people who seem to think hes worth that kind of investment.

how much did we resign jason campbell for?

Scott Pioli is a Patriots guy. McDaniels is a Patriots guy. If they could see past their blind homerism, that contract ridiculous contract would have never been signed.

Well, a "backup" and 2 first round draft picks. A backup that he considered to be better than our starter.

So, just to be clear, in Josh McDaniels world:

Cutler > Orton > Campbell.

So if you want to dog Orton, just let it be known that he was considered better by at least one team than our guy.

Also, when we put JC out on the block, we had not takers.... including our own team who doesn't think he is even worth re-signing.

-My favorite part of that whole debate has to be the fact that all these guys consider Zorn the ultimate evaluator of QB talent, because he was the QB coach in SEA with Matt H... McDaniels on the other hand works with arguably the best QB in the history of the NFL, and Matt Cassell who has quickly made a name for himself in the NFL..

-But when Zorn says Campbell is out starter over Colt, its because he knows sooo much... But when McDaniels takes Orton over Campbell, he doesn't know anything.

Logically challenged? I guess you're talking about McDaniels because he wanted a freakin backup qb (Cassel, not Orton) to start over his up and coming STAR, FRANCHISE quarterback. His opinion of Campbell isn't worth ****.
Scott Pioli is a Patriots guy. McDaniels is a Patriots guy. If they could see past their blind homerism, that contract ridiculous contract would have never been signed.

youre referring to the backup who went 11-5 his first year starting, threw 21 TDs 3600+ yards and had an 89.xx rating?

lol at both of your ridiculous comments. youre claiming he was signed because pioli is a pats homer? LOL he works for the chiefs, these guys arent fans, theyre businessmen. youre out of your mind.

-My favorite part of that whole debate has to be the fact that all these guys consider Zorn the ultimate evaluator of QB talent, because he was the QB coach in SEA with Matt H... McDaniels on the other hand works with arguably the best QB in the history of the NFL, and Matt Cassell who has quickly made a name for himself in the NFL..

-But when Zorn says Campbell is out starter over Colt, its because he knows sooo much... But when McDaniels takes Orton over Campbell, he doesn't know anything.

you and i know the real story here, people just cant handle hearing it. theres a reason mcdaniels wanted orton over campbell, because he obviously feels he can do better with orton.

or maybe some of them would really like to believe that a guy who worked with tom brady and matt cassel somehow doesnt know how to evaluate QBs and his opinion is somehow not worthy? LOL

youre referring to the backup who went 11-5 his first year starting, threw 21 TDs 3600+ yards and had an 89.xx rating?

lol at both of your ridiculous comments. youre claiming he was signed because pioli is a pats homer? LOL he works for the chiefs, these guys arent fans, theyre businessmen. youre out of your mind.

We'll see what Cassel does without Belichick running the show. Name one impact player, coach, gm that left the patriots and did ANYTHING worthwhile. Deion Branch, anybody? Drew Bledsoe? Its about the system, not the player. Cassel will prove this again.

We'll see what Cassel does without Belichick running the show. Name one impact player, coach, gm that left the patriots and did ANYTHING worthwhile. Deion Branch, anybody? Drew Bledsoe? Its about the system, not the player. Cassel will prove this again.

when have the pats ever had a legit impact player in the past 8 years other than brady? its the tom brady show featuring whatever scrubs they sign that year. not until moss showed up did they have any legit WR, and they never have a stable runningback.

by your logic, tom brady wouldnt succeed on another team, which is pretty outlandish if you ask me.

when have the pats ever had a legit impact player in the past 8 years other than brady? its the tom brady show featuring whatever scrubs they sign that year. not until moss showed up did they have any legit WR, and they never have a stable runningback.

by your logic, tom brady wouldnt succeed on another team, which is pretty outlandish if you ask me.

Wait, so Tom Brady won without any wide receivers? How did they get open? Did Brady just throw the ball in the air, run under it and catch it himself?

You just made my point. He had little talent around him, but the system made it work. Belichick won multiple superbowls with talent that other teams would find difficult making the playoffs.

Wait, so Tom Brady won without any wide receivers? How did they get open? Did Brady just throw the ball in the air, run under it and catch it himself?

You just made my point. He had little talent around him, but the system made it work. Belichick won multiple superbowls with talent that other teams would find difficult making the playoffs.

when you have a QB like brady, you dont need stars at other positions. see: eagles, philadelphia. mcnabb never has any targets yet hes constantly making the playoffs. good QBs elevate other guys around them.

and yes, tom brady won without any receivers. if you think deion branch is some great receiver, dont let me stop you.

all starts with the QB, and i highly doubt pioli would dump 63 million dollars into a QB because hes a "blind homer" LOL.

you and i know the real story here, people just cant handle hearing it. theres a reason mcdaniels wanted orton over campbell, because he obviously feels he can do better with orton.

or maybe some of them would really like to believe that a guy who worked with tom brady and matt cassel somehow doesnt know how to evaluate QBs and his opinion is somehow not worthy? LOL

Add me to the list. and the fact that the pats are a championship pedigree and will be untill brady is gone. Oh and that at least two teams were fighting over a so called backup qb, when we couldnt even get a nibble for jc.

when you have a QB like brady, you dont need stars at other positions. see: eagles, philadelphia. mcnabb never has any targets yet hes constantly making the playoffs. good QBs elevate other guys around them.

and yes, tom brady won without any receivers. if you think deion branch is some great receiver, dont let me stop you.

all starts with the QB, and i highly doubt pioli would dump 63 million dollars into a QB because hes a "blind homer" LOL.

I'm saying Tom Brady won without receivers too. Because of the system. I don't think Wes Welker was wide open all of '07 because Tom Brady was forcing balls through tight holes.

And as far as McDaniels goes, he is a blind homer if he thinks that Cassel is an upgrade over Cutler.

Why is it that some quarterbacks can come in and just produce?

then some are given more than enough chances and actually regress.

Denver is a pretty proud franchise and they wanted Kyle Orton over JC. I almost couldnt believe it myself...Kyle orton was he even drafted? what has he ever done? aparantly enough for them to not fleece us in another trade.

Well, a "backup" and 2 first round draft picks. A backup that he considered to be better than our starter.

So, just to be clear, in Josh McDaniels world:

Cutler > Orton > Campbell.

So if you want to dog Orton, just let it be known that he was considered better by at least one team than our guy.

-My favorite part of that whole debate has to be the fact that all these guys consider Zorn the ultimate evaluator of QB talent,......-But when Zorn says Campbell is out starter over Colt, its because he knows sooo much... But when McDaniels takes Orton over Campbell, he doesn't know anything.

Mahons, stop no one has even mentioned Zorn.

I asked what support did SoCal have for saying that JC 'sucks' and the only thing he came up with is that McDaniels was rumored to have favored Orton over Campbell.

My point is simple.

You JC detractors and in SoCals case hater, hinge your entire belief that JC 'sucks' from 1 OC's supposed evaluation.

An evaluation that in no way means that JC isn't a good QB, it only would show that McDaniels prefers Orton to JC and Cassel to Cutler.

Troy Aikman, Bill Cowher, Ron Jaworksi, Brian Billick, Steve Maricucci and many other speak highly of Campbell.

I don't know but to me it would appear that are more NFL experts and analyst agree that JC is a good QB.

;)

I'm saying Tom Brady won without receivers too. Because of the system. I don't think Wes Welker was wide open all of '07 because Tom Brady was forcing balls through tight holes.

And as far as McDaniels goes, he is a blind homer if he thinks that Cassel is an upgrade over Cutler.

welker plays in the slot, hes tough and very fast.he also got open alot because of the respect that moss demands. welker still gets most yards after the catch,or alot of quick outs that move the chains.

Mcdaniels just wanted his guy. Trust me if im a first time head coach and i risk it over a pro bowler like cutler i think i would know he was pretty good.

But then to not even want jc..Im not sure his judgement is that far off.

Logically challenged? I guess you're talking about McDaniels because he wanted a freakin backup qb (Cassel, not Orton) to start over his up and coming STAR, FRANCHISE quarterback. His opinion of Campbell isn't worth ****.

Scott Pioli and McDaniels opinions are worth a hell of a lot more than Jim Zorn's.

Zorn's only credit to his resume is that he was stuck as a position coach for a decade and got credit for making Hasselbeck into a decent starter (although Holmgren probably deserves a decent amount of that credit).

McDaniels was a stud QB coach, went to be a stud OC, coached up a sure-lock Hall of Famer in Tom Brady, and then took his backup, Cassel into a franchise QB who is at least as good as Hasselbeck. And McDaniels' skills were so obvious that he was a head coaching prospect (including people wanthing him here) with a couple of seasons (while Zorn had no offers for a decade).

But McDaniels says Orton is better than Campbell, and you claim his opinion is meaningless. Yet Zorn says nice things about JC, and you think they are the Bible?

Yuck.

Fact: No team is interested in acquiring Jason Campbell as a starter.

Fact: The Broncos thought Kyle Orton was a better starter than Jason Campbell.

Fact: This team does not want to sign Jason Campbell to any contract and refuses to even discuss it with them.

Now you can hope that JC is getting better, but you cannot deny that he has absolutely no respect in this league--a league that will give lots of backups shots at starting (ala Orton, Cassel, Schaub, etc.)

Troy Aikman, Bill Cowher, Ron Jaworksi, Brian Billick, Steve Maricucci and many other speak highly of Campbell.

I don't know but to me it would appear that are more NFL experts and analyst agree that JC is a good QB.

That's BS.

Those guys compliment some skills that JC has and you take those and turn them into opinions that he is "a good QB"?

That's hogwash.

They say nice things about EVERYONE. They say nice things about Rex Grossman. They say nice things about Colt Brennan. They say nice things about Tavaris Jackson. They say nice things about ALL QBs.

Complimenting aspects of a player's game does not mean that they say he is a good QB.

All that has ever been said of JC is that he as POTENTIAL. Of course, that's all JC has ever had.

Scott Pioli and McDaniels opinions are worth a hell of a lot more than Jim Zorn's.

Zorn's only credit to his resume is that he was stuck as a position coach for a decade and got credit for making Hasselbeck into a decent starter (although Holmgren probably deserves a decent amount of that credit).

McDaniels was a stud QB coach, went to be a stud OC, coached up a sure-lock Hall of Famer in Tom Brady, and then took his backup, Cassel into a franchise QB who is at least as good as Hasselbeck. And McDaniels' skills were so obvious that he was a head coaching prospect (including people wanthing him here) with a couple of seasons (while Zorn had no offers for a decade).

But McDaniels says Orton is better than Campbell, and you claim his opinion is meaningless. Yet Zorn says nice things about JC, and you think they are the Bible?

Yuck.

Fact: This team does not want to sign Jason Campbell to any contract and refuses to even discuss it with them.

Now you can hope that JC is getting better, but you cannot deny that he has absolutely no respect in this league--a league that will give lots of backups shots at starting (ala Orton, Cassel, Schaub, etc.)

Booyah grandma.

Yuck.

I never said anything about Zorn. All I said was McDaniels' opinion is meaningless. Trying to trade Jay Cutler for anybody short of Peyton Manning right now is insane, much less for a one year wonder who succeeded in the best offensive scheme in the nfl.

Regardless, McDaniels hasn't proven anything either. Everyone considered Mangini the next Vince Lombardi, and he didn't do ****. Romeo Crennel didn't do ****, either. Charlie Weiss? He can't even win at the college level. Players, coaches, all who leave New England don't do ****. The common denominator is Bill Belichick.

Just don't use McDaniels' opinion to judge Campbell. There's others who consider him a good qb. That doesn't mean he is or he isn't, but Josh McDaniels' word isn't scripture. Far from it.

what impressd me about Cassel is that wesaw him grow before our eyes this past season where he went from Randy moss wanting to ring his neck,into a hair short of making the playoffs.

Not get worse against the bengals.

Mahons, stop no one has even mentioned Zorn.

-I brought up Zorn because many of you claim JC is much better than Colt because Zorn says so... However when McDaniels, who has worked with much more successful QB's than Zorn, says Campbell isn't good, he doesn't know squat

I asked what support did SoCal have for saying that JC 'sucks' and the only thing he came up with is that McDaniels was rumored to have favored Orton over Campbell.

My point is simple.

You JC detractors and in SoCals case hater, hinge your entire belief that JC 'sucks' from 1 OC's supposed evaluation.

An evaluation that in no way means that JC isn't a good QB, it only would show that McDaniels prefers Orton to JC and Cassel to Cutler.

-I have never said Jason sucks, I have said he has underperformed since he has been here

-I don't hinge this belief on McDaniels opinion either, I base it on what I have seen from Jason since he has been a Redskin

All I said was McDaniels' opinion is meaningless.

That's hogwash. His opinion does have meaning. You just don't like it, so you are trying to diminish it.

It certainly has meaning because it was his opinion that kept us from landing Jay Cutler when he chose Kyle freakin Orton over Jason Campbell. That's a pretty damn important opinion.

Interestingly, it's also only one of the two opinions we have re: Jason Campbell from the league.

We have his opinion that Orton is better than Campbell, and we have our team's opinion that JC is not worth even discussing an extension with. That's all we know in the league. So that's 2 for 2.

Regardless, McDaniels hasn't proven anything either.

Oh, really? Coaching Brady and Cassel to their seasons is a HELL OF A LOT more impressive than Jim Zorn's resume.

And when we were looking for a coach, lots of people wanted McDaniels. He's a hot coaching prospect around the league.

You won't be able to sell that he is a nobody.

Just don't use McDaniels' opinion to judge Campbell. There's others who consider him a good qb.

Who? Besides commentators who compliment every QB on parts of their game, what NFL person thinks JC is a good QB? (Some guy on TV saying he has "poise" and "potential" is not saying he is a good QB.) Show me some team in the league that think JC is a good QB.

We only have knowledge of 2 opinions: the Broncos and our's, and both of those teams don't think he is worth going with for the future.

That's hogwash. His opinion does have meaning. You just don't like it, so you are trying to diminish it.

It certainly has meaning because it was his opinion that kept us from landing Jay Cutler when he chose Kyle freakin Orton over Jason Campbell. That's a pretty damn important opinion.

Interestingly, it's also only one of the two opinions we have re: Jason Campbell from the league.

We have his opinion that Orton is better than Campbell, and we have our team's opinion that JC is not worth even discussing an extension with. That's all we know in the league. So that's 2 for 2.

Oh, really? Coaching Brady and Cassel to their seasons is a HELL OF A LOT more impressive than Jim Zorn's resume.

And when we were looking for a coach, lots of people wanted McDaniels. He's a hot coaching prospect around the league.

You won't be able to sell that he is a nobody.

Who? Besides commentators who compliment every QB on parts of their game, what NFL person thinks JC is a good QB? (Some guy on TV saying he has "poise" and "potential" is not saying he is a good QB.) Show me some team in the league that think JC is a good QB.

We only have knowledge of 2 opinions: the Broncos and our's, and both of those teams don't think he is worth going with for the future.

Lots of people wanted Crennel, Weiss, Mangini, etc. All of those guys have proven to be great talent evaluators. :rolleyes: And in case you haven't noticed, our front office doesn't have the best talent evaluators either. I don't need to name names to prove my point.

These people's opinions are not the letter of the law, ESPECIALLY McDaniels'. He has already shown that in his short time in Denver.

Lots of people wanted Crennel, Weiss, Mangini, etc. All of those guys have proven to be great talent evaluators. :rolleyes: And in case you haven't noticed, our front office doesn't have the best talent evaluators either. I don't need to name names to prove my point.

These people's opinions are not the letter of the law, ESPECIALLY McDaniels'. He has already shown that in his short time in Denver.

So in other words, no one's opinion about JC's matters but your's?

I'm done discussing this with you. It's clear you are just going to ignore everything.

Archived