Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do You Support the Success of Jason Campbell?

[[ghost]]

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Since when did one mans success contribute to the success of a team? I guess when we won those 8 games last year it was because of JC and no one else? Some of you just amaze me. JC can fail and the team win 12 games, there is so much talent on this team besides an average QB to make this happen. You all need to stop saying that if JC fails the team does too. That's just not true

If this was a court of law, the defense attorney would object to this question as leading:hysterical:.
The odd thing is that in reality all questions that a lawyer will ask are "leading". The attorney aready knows the answer to the question he's asking - he just wants the witness to either give him the answer he knows is going to be coming or have the witness not answer truthfully - therefore the attorney knowing the correct answer can turn back around by asking another questions. It's a terrible lawyer who asks questions he doesn't know the answers too...

Leading the witness is when you give the answer in the question you are asking:

• You were at Duffy's bar on the night of July 15, weren't you?

It suggests that the witness was at Duffy's bar on the night in question. The same question in a non-leading form would be:

• Where were you on the night of July 15?

I like JC. I think he has a great work ethic and always seems to have a positive attitude. I hope he improves this season and scores some TDs. However, I think Dan and Vinny are investing in the defense because they have seen how successful it has been in Pittsburgh and Baltimore. JC = Trent Dilfer?

I like JC. I think he has a great work ethic and always seems to have a positive attitude. I hope he improves this season and scores some TDs. However, I think Dan and Vinny are investing in the defense because they have seen how successful it has been in Pittsburgh and Baltimore. JC = Trent Dilfer?
I've wondered this myself actually.

Not that it counts, but I personally want all of the Skin players to be successful. I want them to have monstrous careers, and eventually head to the Hall of Fame.

But, isn't that what all fans want?

I do want JC to succeed ... But, I am holding my breath based upon the what he has shown thus far.

It all depends on how you define success for JC. Some saw JC as being successful last year inspite of all the obstacles he faced (i.e. poor o-line, poor play-calling, inadequate wide receiving corps).

I personally want him and the offense to improve to where he throws for at least 18+ touchdowns and the offense averages 20 points per game. This is the kind of success for JC I would support even if the team doesn't make the playoffs.

Yet, if he posts the same numbers as last year and the offense remains mediocre, but the team goes to the playoffs because of our defense, would he still be considered successful and worthy of a big contract? I'm not so sure.

Bottom line is I want the Redskins to succeed, make the playoffs, and win the Super Bowl no matter what kind of year JC is having statistically. He can be a Trent Dilfer or a Tom Brady. It doesn't matter as long as we're winning.

:point2sky

I want Campbell to succeed because his success would mean the Redskins would succeed.

I don't want Brennan to succeed. Nothing personal, it's just that if he would succeed, it would only come if Campbell fails immediately. An early benching would probably mean that Campbell had failed almost to the point where a successful Brennan may not be able to recover this season.

I want Portis, Moss, ARE, Hall, Haynesworth, Rogers, Orakpo, Carter, Monty, Fletcher, Landry, and all of our starters to succeed.

I want Jim Zorn to retire as Coach of the Washington Redskins. He'd only retire from this job if he kept it for a very long time. And no failed head coaches stay anywhere for a long time.

Again that is if you use JC in 2007 as the measure of comparison to what he accomplished in 2008. How do you measure "fairy solid season" ? I listed a number of stats comparing him to Patrick Ramsey, Mark Brunell and Todd Collins as a collective group. JC's numbers are vomit-inducing when compared to the numbers that group put up, yet you have no answer for them and search for a training camp fluff piece praising our coddled lame duck QB.

BTW, the "he really sucked last year and sucks less this year" comment was illustrating the argument you were using. I don't want any misunderstanding. JC has to prove that he sucks less this year, before I give him the accolades for it.

No, SoCal nfl.com isn't comparing JC's 2008 to his 2007.

"fairly solid season" is a comparison to the rest of the QBs in the NFL.

And No, its not a from a fluff piece its nfl.com's team by team training camp preview.

I really don't know about your comparisons with Redskins QBs past and to tell you the truth i don't really care.

Your comparisons have nothing to do with JC's play last year.

It seems like yet another well respected NFL outlet thinks JC is a good QB.

What expert supports your opinion that JC 'sucks'?

No, SoCal nfl.com isn't comparing JC's 2008 to his 2007.

"fairly solid season" is a comparison to the rest of the QBs in the NFL.

And No, its not a from a fluff piece its nfl.comcom's team by team training camp preview.

Please quote where they compare him to the rest of the NFL in that blurb. If you can't, at least admit your reading comprehension is as fraudulent as JC's play.

What expert supports your opinion that JC 'sucks'?

Josh McDaniels. Not in a hypothetical evaluation either.

];6578745']I want Campbell to succeed because his success would mean the Redskins would succeed.

I don't want Brennan to succeed. Nothing personal' date=' it's just that if he would succeed, it would only come if Campbell fails immediately. An early benching would probably mean that Campbell had failed almost to the point where a successful Brennan may not be able to recover this season.

I want Portis, Moss, ARE, Hall, Haynesworth, Rogers, Orakpo, Carter, Monty, Fletcher, Landry, and all of our starters to succeed.

I want Jim Zorn to retire as Coach of the Washington Redskins. He'd only retire from this job if he kept it for a very long time. And no failed head coaches stay anywhere for a long time.[/quote']

unless he gets injured what then?

];6578745']

I don't want Brennan to succeed. Nothing personal' date=' it's just that if he would succeed, it would only come if Campbell fails immediately. An early benching would probably mean that Campbell had failed almost to the point where a successful Brennan may not be able to recover this season.

[/quote']

Then you are not a true Redskins fan, hater!

Please quote where they compare him to the rest of the NFL in that blurb. If you can't, at least admit your reading comprehension is as fraudulent as JC's play.

Woah! Brah you are the one that said that implied that they are comparing JC's 2008 stats to his 2007 stats, remember?

Again that is if you use JC in 2007 as the measure of comparison to what he accomplished in 2008. How do you measure "fairy solid season" ?

That notion is absurd.

I don't need a quote to show you that they are comparing him to the rest of the league because its obvious.

NFL players are judged against each other its common knowledge, well to most people.

Josh McDaniels. Not in a hypothetical evaluation either.

We'll never really know what McDanield thought of JC.

But, even if McDaniels didn't want JC doesn't make JC a bad QB.

After all McDaniels is the same guy that got rid of Cutler to get Orton right?:doh:

To the almost 1 out of 10 who hope he fails, I pray that you are the cowboy/eagle/giant lurkers on here. Doesnt your team have its own message board for you to lurk on?

To everyone else, you should check out Gary Fitzgerald's interview with Zorn and what he says about JC. If that doesnt get you that warm fuzzy feeling all Redskins fans should be starting to get this time of year then I will pray for you too! ;^)

Dude wanted to ditch his up and coming star quarterback for a backup.

Well, a "backup" and 2 first round draft picks. A backup that he considered to be better than our starter.

So, just to be clear, in Josh McDaniels world:

Cutler > Orton > Campbell.

So if you want to dog Orton, just let it be known that he was considered better by at least one team than our guy.

Also, when we put JC out on the block, we had not takers.... including our own team who doesn't think he is even worth re-signing.

+1

I love how people talk about Josh McDaniel's opinion of JC like it means something. Dude wanted to ditch his up and coming star quarterback for a backup.

again, for the logically challenged, he couldnt keep cutler there, it was already too late for that.

big McDaddy comes in, flaps his wings in bellicheck fashion, tells everybody hes the big boss man. cutler doesnt like it, talks about the days of when old shanny was around. McDaddy tells the front office he wants to get cassel cause hes available and knows his system and he feels comfortable in it. probably mentions they can trade cutler and get some big pieces to start rebuilding their joke of a defense. cutler gets wind of this, cries mary, wants to get out. McDaddy whiffs on cassel cause his boy pioli pulls a fast one on him, now hes stuck without the guy he wanted and a super pissed off cutler. has to find replacement, and two teams are offering viable starters, one is orton the other is campbell. he picks orton, end of story.

common sense says thats how it went down. or if youd like to believe that he thought a 25 year old pro bowl QB was somehow worse than kyle orton, you can believe that all you want as well.

Well, a "backup" and 2 first round draft picks. A backup that he considered to be better than our starter.

So, just to be clear, in Josh McDaniels world:

Cutler > Orton > Campbell.

So if you want to dog Orton, just let it be known that he was considered better by at least one team than our guy.

Also, when we put JC out on the block, we had not takers.... including our own team who doesn't think he is even worth re-signing.

I was actually referring to his preference of Matt Cassel over Jay Cutler, which anybody should know is completely ridiculous. His talent evaluations of quarterbacks is obviously flawed.

And we put Jason Campbell on the open market? That's news to me.

I was actually referring to his preference of Matt Cassel over Jay Cutler, which anybody should know is completely ridiculous. His talent evaluations of quarterbacks is obviously flawed.

And we put Jason Campbell on the open market? That's news to me.

scott pioli just signed cassel to a 63 million dollar contract, so theres at least two smart football people who seem to think hes worth that kind of investment.

how much did we resign jason campbell for?

and there were reports we were shopping him for a 2nd or a 3rd. we were hoping the vikings were interested but nobody was interested.

again, for the logically challenged, he couldnt keep cutler there, it was already too late for that.

big McDaddy comes in, flaps his wings in bellicheck fashion, tells everybody hes the big boss man. cutler doesnt like it, talks about the days of when old shanny was around. McDaddy tells the front office he wants to get cassel cause hes available and knows his system and he feels comfortable in it. probably mentions they can trade cutler and get some big pieces to start rebuilding their joke of a defense. cutler gets wind of this, cries mary, wants to get out. McDaddy whiffs on cassel cause his boy pioli pulls a fast one on him, now hes stuck without the guy he wanted and a super pissed off cutler. has to find replacement, and two teams are offering viable starters, one is orton the other is campbell. he picks orton, end of story.

common sense says thats how it went down. or if youd like to believe that he thought a 25 year old pro bowl QB was somehow worse than kyle orton, you can believe that all you want as well.

Logically challenged? I guess you're talking about McDaniels because he wanted a freakin backup qb (Cassel, not Orton) to start over his up and coming STAR, FRANCHISE quarterback. His opinion of Campbell isn't worth ****.

Archived