Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do You Support the Success of Jason Campbell?

[[ghost]]

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Doesn't matter who the qb is you dont want them to fail on your team. It isn't going to matter anyway with the d that we have. Once they stay healthy they will win half of the games for us anyway. JC will do just fine. By the way Colt has to beat out Todd for the no.2 job before you speak of him being no.1. I support JC.

How do you call yourself a Redskins fan if you wish to see the team fail?

Greatness often comes from failure. The Redskins have been mediocre for many years now, nearly as long as some posters on Extremeskins have lived.

I think the big problem we are having here relates more the how people define success and failure.

For example, I would rather see Jason Campbell fail by trying to win a game late in the fourth quarter than succeed by completing six straight passes and running out the clock. I would have more confidence in him if he gave it a real shot.

At least then I would know that he is willing to lay it on the line and maybe the next time, success could be his and ours. He just didn't do that often enough for me last year.

Seriously, failure is a requirement for extraordinary success. Many of us don't want moderate success.

Sure, I want Campbell to fail so he can be great. i want him to be great, but I want him to prove that he wants to be great.

Jason has great potential, but he is an underachiever.

Maybe for many people, being a fan means support without reservation. That's fine. But it would be wise to withhold condemnations of others who may be even more committed than ones self.

Since I have been a season ticket holder for 31 years, I can tell you I have never booed a Redskin player. I have put my money, heart and soul into the success of the Redskins. I can even claim to have been responsible for Redskin wins, one for certain.

When it comes to quarterback play, I do have high expectations. Often, I think my expectations of Jason Campbell are higher than his own. I can only support the success of Jason Campbell to the degree that his goals are in line with mine.

My goals are for the Redskins to win the NFC EAST first, then go the the Super Bowl, and then win the Super Bowl. What are Jason Campbell's goals?

];6607461']In no way does anyone who voted' date=' "No," genuinely support the Washington Redskins.

This is a fact. You simply can not wish for the failure of any player on our team and call yourself a fan of this team. Anyone- ANYONE- who does not support the success of Jason Campbell does NOT support the success of the Washington Redsins. Therefore, they are in no way tied to this franchise and should **** off.[/quote']

While I agree in principle with the above, what right do you or I or anyone else for that matter have to judge someone's level of support for this team if they don't fully back a player they may feel, based on his career to date, will never amount to anything more than he's shown; and his level of "success", and the team's in general, could be bettered by A N Other?

Without naming names, an example that comes to mind was a poster who got slammed for putting forth his hope that Jason got injured so we could see what we had in Colt going forward. Now, I wouldn't condone that view in the least, but I can appreciate the sheer desperation of what is, outside of the brief flurry of Green and Johnson, with flashes from Scott in '05, entering a 19th season of constant mediocrity from the position since the last championship, with little to suggest that's gona' change anytime soon.

Now doe's that view, born out of utter despair at what's gone before, and a longing for ANY spark to ignite this stagnant offense, make that poster any less of a fan than you or I who wouldn't go to such extreme measures?

Outside of wanting to antagonize and vent when someone inevitably put up an answer like the one you reacted to above that you didn't agree with, why in the heck would you put up such an asinine thread to begin with?

This may not be this threads intention, but this general assertion that everyone who questions the current starting QB of the Washington Redskins, or anyone else connected to the B&G for that matter, is a "hater", or somewhat less of a fan than those who back him 100%, is arrogance in the extreme, and is equally as bad in many cases as those that it's intended to condemn.

For the record, as to the OP; I, along with the VAST majority of 'Skins fans, want Jason Campbell or whomever happens to be leading this team at the time to have all the success going. Whether I believe he ever will bring us the success we so crave is a totally separate matter.

Where this whole thing turns ugly a lot of the time is with those that can't accept ANY criticism of #17's play to date, and think there a better fan for it.

Hail.

Archived