Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do You Support the Success of Jason Campbell?

[[ghost]]

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

as a fan, why on earth would anyone want your starting QB to fail? i dont get it.

Because, in the NFL, other QB's come in all the time and play better than the guy(s) they replace. Maybe some people think that another QB should be in there now.

If forced by a narrowly focused question such as posed by this poll to chose between support or opposition, some may chose opposition. That does not necessarily mean they are opposed to the team, or even the player for that matter. In fact, it could mean they are more committed to the team than many of the people voting "support."

"Do I support JC's success"?

This isn't a black or white issue.

It very much is a black or white issue.

Do you, or do you NOT, wish JC success?

I'm not asking if you like JC, or if you think he'll be a great QB one day.

I am differentiating between Washington Redskins fans, and Jason Campbell haters.

There are about 70 people who voted on this poll that are either supporters of another team, or simply want to see Colt Brennan be successful. And I can confidently say that I sincerely dislike every single one of them.

Stupid poll.

Do you support the success of Redskins players?

X Yes, I support Redskin players.

X No, I am against Redskin players.

I'm very happy that you've failed to understand the point of this poll.

When I made this, I really thought that everyone would catch on and not play along. But fortunately, I can confidently say that this board is still actively ran by Redskins fans, and not delusional Hawaiian supporters who simply want to see Colt Brennan succeed anywhere in the NFL.

he's the best qb we've had in a while. If he had protection and a target with anything at WR other then moss, hed be awesome. Seriosuly, Eli manning won a fregin super bowl. why? his oline was and is immaculate.

Thats what happens when the team drafts OL in the later rounds instead of freaking TE's, i mean seriously why did we draft another TE when we got CC and FD and Yoder:mad:

Because, in the NFL, other QB's come in all the time and play better than the guy(s) they replace. Maybe some people think that another QB should be in there now.

If forced by a narrowly focused question such as posed by this poll to chose between support or opposition, some may chose opposition. That does not necessarily mean they are opposed to the team, or even the player for that matter. In fact, it could mean they are more committed to the team than many of the people voting "support."

In no way does anyone who voted, "No," genuinely support the Washington Redskins.

This is a fact. You simply can not wish for the failure of any player on our team and call yourself a fan of this team. Anyone- ANYONE- who does not support the success of Jason Campbell does NOT support the success of the Washington Redsins. Therefore, they are in no way tied to this franchise and should **** off.

he's the best qb we've had in a while. If he had protection and a target with anything at WR other then moss, hed be awesome. Seriosuly, Eli manning won a fregin super bowl. why? his oline was and is immaculate.

Since we have such a poor o-line and wr's, and JC can't perform behind them, why continue to let him play? Do you want him to fail? Do you not support his success?

Calling for his benching might be the biggest act of supporting his sucess a fan can make. However, it seems most want to continue the status quo and watch him fail.

Since we have such a poor o-line and wr's, and JC can't perform behind them, why continue to let him play? Do you want him to fail? Do you not support his success?

Calling for his benching might be the biggest act of supporting his sucess a fan can make. However, it seems most want to continue the status quo and watch him fail.

So are you saying that JC can succeed, he just can't succeed here?

];6607461']In no way does anyone who voted' date=' "No," genuinely support the Washington Redskins.

This is a fact. You simply can not wish for the failure of any player on our team and call yourself a fan of this team. Anyone- ANYONE- who does not support the success of Jason Campbell does NOT support the success of the Washington Redsins. Therefore, they are in no way tied to this franchise and should **** off.[/quote']

Why dont you start your own message board and only allow people who support the success of Jason Campbell.

Though it is funny watching you get so angry at your own thread.

So are you saying that JC can succeed, he just can't succeed here?

We know he can't succeed here based on his performance thus far. Whether or not he can succeed elsewhere is yet to be determined. However, the longer he fails here the less likely he will be given a chance elsewhere.

Bottom line is that he has not had success here. The reaosons most posters provide is the o-line and other surrounding talent to an extent. Reality is that the offensive talent is about where it has been over the past 3 years without much change for this year. If the reasons that most feel have prevented him from succeeding have not been seriously remediated, then why continue? Trade him for anything of value and let's not go through a Kabuki dance that ends with his departure regardless at the end of the year. Let's move on to that reality now so we can move forward as a team.

I am a fan of the Washington Redskins. I would never want to see them fail, even for a draft pick. Some players can struggle and not have an overwhelming impact on the teams success, but the QB is not a position where you can have failure and expect to win. I always want the Redskins to win, so of course, while he is in there, I want JC to do great.

That said, I have been outspoken about my feelings on JC. I don't hate the man, I don't even know him personally. I just feel that he has had the opportunity (36 starts) to show what he has, and we aren't getting anything more from him than what we have already seen. He would make a good number 2, because he won't lose many games for you and he can manage a game to a point, but he isn't going to win any games for you.

I believe that JC is going to cost our starters yet another season because of mediocre play, which is why I am not a huge fan of the player, Jason Campbell. Can Colt get the job done? No one knows. People who say that he has no chance are being just as close-minded as those who think he will automatically light it up until he gets to Canton.

When I've talked about starting Colt, it isn't because I know he can do better than JC, it's just that I believe we will not be getting much out of/ go very far with JC, so, if we aren't going to pick up another veteran (and, God please no Vick), than we should see what we have on the roster in Colt, who COULD be the future unlike Collins, before we spend a first round pick and all that cap space on an unproven rookie QB next year.

My feelings are that JC's success lies in the success of his team mates. He's not a leader (just my opinion), he's not an exceptional QB and not much of a game manager either.

He has to have maximum protection because if you rattle him just a bit, it throws his whole game off. Remember those first 6 wins last year? They weren't won due to anything JC did, they were won on the ground, with our running game. Once Zorn let JC open it up a bit, that's when you saw all of those over thrown, under thrown passes, hence...the 3 and outs.

You can throw all of the blame on the O-line but a good QB can make things happen on the field and JC could barely muster a huddle much less rally the team to a win.

I hope he succeeds this year but if he does, it will be because the O-line gave him max protection or his receivers made spectacular catches or our running game dominated the opposing teams defense.

Let's face it, he's our starting QB and though I have minimal faith in him at this point in time, I hope for his success because that means the team is successful.

Mark Brunell in 05 was the best Qb we have had in a while. Eli was a part of winning the super bowl but his defense was the biggest reason they won the super bowl. There defense was going up against one of the best offenses to ever step on the field. They put so much pressure on Brady he was unable to do much and the Patriots never made adjustments for it.

];6607461']In no way does anyone who voted' date=' "No," genuinely support the Washington Redskins.

This is a fact. You simply can not wish for the failure of any player on our team and call yourself a fan of this team. Anyone- ANYONE- who does not support the success of Jason Campbell does NOT support the success of the Washington Redsins. Therefore, they are in no way tied to this franchise and should **** off.[/quote']

Wrong!!!

You should stop being so narrow-minded and rude. This isn't your message board, nor are you the king of all Redskins fandom, so you need to check yourself.

If JC does better this year, not stellar, but uses his motivation for a new contract to push him along, and the team gets a few breaks this year, and our defense leads us to the playoffs, JC might get resigned to a five or six year deal.

Now, the following seasons, we get the same QB play that we have seen for the past three years from him, simply mediocre. We are now stuck with him for at least three years because a the cap hit if we dumped him prior to that. That is not what I call what is best for the team overall and in the long wrong.

So, if I was someone who was thinking along those lines (which I generally am not, but I wanted to use an example to show how naive your post is), how would I not be a fan of the team hoping for JC not to do well so we are not stuck with him and his mediocrity draining our cap and keeping our team down for the next three to four years???

Archived