Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do You Support the Success of Jason Campbell?

[[ghost]]

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

LMAO @ the 54 people who would prefer JC perform poorly and drag the entire team down than have him on the roster at all.

I'd say it should have been made a public poll, but then we would end up with 3/4 of the people who voted that they didn't support Campbell not voting at all so they wouldn't be called out...and the rest would just be the usual suspects.

On the "more people want Colt Brennan to fail" comment, bullpucky. He can't fail. Because he's not playing. And nobody should want any player on their team to fail so that they are right and others are wrong.

Not playing in this context, to those that do not like him, is the same thing as failing. Just without an actual implosion that may or may not occur is he ever gets the chance.

Let's say that he passes for 3700 yards and 28TDs, makes the pro bowl and the 'Skins get to the NFC championship game. Would you still say he sucked and wanted him out, or would you concede that you might have been wrong, and want him to stay? Really, just curious.

As for me I would officially say, Colt Who? (But I aint gonna hold my breath waiting for it to happen)

HTTR

So if Todd is that bad what does that say about Jason. Forget about the system for a minute. Did you even see those games? The offense looked like a totally different team from the second Todd went in there. They looked younger, faster with an attitude and all I want is to see that again. We will not see that as long as Jason is behind center. Energy will be high for the first game but as Jason shows he is the same old Jason the team will sink back losing it's edge etc. just like last year.

At what point did I say Todd Collins was, "That bad?"

I'd welcome a Todd Collins campaign if it came at the expertise of Al Saunders. Otherwise, he's a good backup at best.

];6586076']At what point did I say Todd Collins was' date=' "That bad?"

I'd welcome a Todd Collins campaign if it came at the expertise of Al Saunders. Otherwise, he's a good backup at best.[/quote']

If he is a back-up at best then Jason shouldn't even be on the roster IMO.

I'd say it should have been made a public poll, but then we would end up with 3/4 of the people who voted that they didn't support Campbell not voting at all so they wouldn't be called out...and the rest would just be the usual suspects.

And so?

How many people replied with the answer I support anyone who dawns the burgundy and gold I just dont think jason is the guy who will lead us to that success?

Thats all the public you need right there.

Since I've seen a report a few months back of Collins actually improving and Zorn making it fairly clear that he will be the #2, he should be fine as backup QB this year. Last year was a question mark because he too was learning the new scheme and its nomenclature, progressions, etc and he had to unlearn whatever muscle memory he had developed during his time with Al.

So 48...SoCalSkins, BLC, Soup, wvtbred, Hunter R and Emohag...that makes 42 Hawaiians on this board then?

Emoshag

Born: Fairfax County Hospital, Falls Church VA 1979.

Raised: Sterling VA

Ethnicity: 100% Irish

Years following Redskins: 25 and counting

I love long walks in the park, laughing babies and ice cream. I am a Virgo/Libra...

You know, I couldn't think of anything else snide to add because I just realized there is a photo of me in my signature. Do I look ****ing Hawaiian? Do Hawaiians typically ice skate or play hockey? Do Hawaiians generally even play in snow?

If you are going to be a jackass.... at least make a "funny" from time to time. Its gets boring when most remarks on the internet are droll... :)

This is a stupid question. Why would you want someone on the team you love to do poorly?

Exactly why this is the easiest poll to answer ever.

He will be our Qb it would be nice to have a good season. Yet notice there are plenty of voters who are straight up not Skins Fans!:cool2:

Anyone who supports the team want the players to succeed...

Your question about "supporting the success" of someone means that there was success to support. That can't really be said of JC. He has looked good sometimes, OK many times, and sometimes he has been awful. For example, his 2008 3rd down passing stats that were shown on nfl.com are horrible. On third down for the entire 16 game season he had 5 passes of 20+ yards and 0 TD's over 20+ yards ... that's not success at the QB position...

People who support the Redskins want a solution at QB. If JC is able to elevate his game, he can be that QB. Up to now, JC has not been a consistent playmaker at QB. That's just a fact, so it is very understandable that redskin fans are concerned about the production of our QB.

This is a question along the lines of 'Have you stopped beating your wife?' It's a lame question. Of course everyone wants to see JC have great success. A better question would be, If JC doesn't have success are we going to come up with a new excuse or fall back on 1- The OL sux or 2- He's still learning the system.

I believe JC is mediocre and underperforming right now. Can be change? Sure. Can he surprise us with great play, sure? Can he be a total bust? Sure.

I want to see us groom other QB alternatives. That doesn't mean I want JC to fail.

I'm not sorry that I didn't vote. This poll bites because it is a total BS on the way it's worded. Any fool can see that to vote is a total setup for "HATER" stamp placed on your forehead. I want the Redskins to succeed, but I don't believe that Jason is the answer at QB. Until he proves it to me, he is an average QB that has reached the mediocre status of Game Manager. I've stated it before. I used to love watching this team, when I was a kid, play Dallas. They would smile in anticipation of a battle of 2 teams expecting to win. They would make you pay through the air and the ground. They didn't want to win, they expected to win. This team used to not just beat you, they would kill any hopes that you even had a chance in hell of competing against them. Stop the BS people and smell the coffee of a real championship team. No excuses are needed. Either you get the job done, or you find someone that can.

"Do I support JC's success"?

This isn't a black or white issue.

Let me elaborate.

1) I don't wish him failure, let's make that clear -- as a true Skins fan -- this is like cutting of your own nose to spite your face. He is the starting QB, and as such, deserves and demands our support (if not our respect).

2) The larger issue / question is, simply put, "is JC the answer?" or "can JC step up and lead the Skins to a championship?" Now this is, to me, frankly, a different answer (and does not necessarily contradict the answer to question no. 1).

As an example, I may not have voted for President Obama (and I may not support his policies) -- but having said that -- he is the President of the United States. To wish him to fail is, to an extent, to wish the failure of the United States. I may believe that there is another leader that would do a better job, but I don't have a choice for another 4 years.

The Skins situation is similar but different. JC is the starting QB. Fine, let's get behind him. Let's support him. Let's wish him success. But that doesn't mean that I don't have my doubts. That doesn't mean that he automatically "earns" my loyalty. He needs to prove himself and prove that he belongs in that position every game (if not every day). In the NFL, anyone can be replaced (for any number of reasons). Because my loyalty is to the Washington Redskins vs. any single player or individual. No one person is greater than the team. If JC doesn't get the job done, then we have to consider our options. This is the nature of the game. This is the business he has chosen, and he knows this full well.

Take a look around the league (and its history). Plenty of precedent for QB controversies (in fact, I'd argue its probably THE default "go to" story for the media). No one's job is safe in the NFL. You produce or you are out. No other position is as high profile or as important (in sports) than the guy under center. He is by default the team leader. When the team goes into battle and they are in the huddle, they want a guy who exudes confidence, understands the situation, is calm under pressure and most of all, produces results -- short of that -- things can come apart at the seams. Do you think the Vikings QBs are bent out of shape due to the Favre situation? Of course they are. But they aren't going to come out and express that publicly. They just got to come out and produce. This isn't intramurals. This is professional football. Feelings will get hurt.

Now perhaps the critics have been unfair (including our own fans). But fair or unfair, the beauty of the game is that JC has the ability to shut all of his critics up. Nothing is a better cure for doubt, disrespect and criticism than winning. If he notches up wins and continues to produce much of that noise goes away (not all mind you, but you can't please everyone all the time). If you can lead us to the playoffs and beyond, what is there to complain about? Now I'm not saying that if we don't win the SB this year, he should be out, but there needs to be some tangible, identifiable progress --> e.g. winning record, winning division, winning conference, SB appearance, SB win.

Let's look at the JC record (or progression):

Last time Skins made the post-season and finished with a winning record (9-7) and 3rd in NFC East. Now recall that TC was under center when we went to the post-season -- and TC took over and led the Skins to 4 straight wins over the Bears, Giants, Vikings and Cowboys (including 2 NFC East opponents and frankly we crushed Dallas 27-6), earning a Wild Card berth into the post-season. Prior to TC, the Skins had lost 4 straight games and were at a losing record (5-7) -- now mind you this is not to get off on a tangent nor is this a post-TC argument -- these are just the facts.

This is the first full year with JC under center. The Skins do not finish with a winning record, finish last in the NFC East and miss the playoffs. Not a promising trend, is it?

So, in short, 2009 is the year for JC to prove himself. It is as simple as that.

Just win baby.

"Do I support JC's success"?

This isn't a black or white issue.

Let me elaborate.

1) I don't wish him failure, let's make that clear -- as a true Skins fan -- this is like cutting of your own nose to spite your face. He is the starting QB, and as such, deserves and demands our support (if not our respect).

2) The larger issue / question is, simply put, "is JC the answer?" or "can JC step up and lead the Skins to a championship?" Now this is, to me, frankly, a different answer (and does not necessarily contradict the answer to question no. 1).

As an example, I may not have voted for President Obama (and I may not support his policies) -- but having said that -- he is the President of the United States. To wish him to fail is, to an extent, to wish the failure of the United States. I may believe that there is another leader that would do a better job, but I don't have a choice for another 4 years.

The Skins situation is similar but different. JC is the starting QB. Fine, let's get behind him. Let's support him. Let's wish him success. But that doesn't mean that I don't have my doubts. That doesn't mean that he automatically "earns" my loyalty. He needs to prove himself and prove that he belongs in that position every game (if not every day). In the NFL, anyone can be replaced (for any number of reasons). Because my loyalty is to the Washington Redskins vs. any single player or individual. No one person is greater than the team. If JC doesn't get the job done, then we have to consider our options. This is the nature of the game. This is the business he has chosen, and he knows this full well.

Take a look around the league (and its history). Plenty of precedent for QB controversies (in fact, I'd argue its probably THE default "go to" story for the media). No one's job is safe in the NFL. You produce or you are out. No other position is as high profile or as important (in sports) than the guy under center. He is by default the team leader. When the team goes into battle and they are in the huddle, they want a guy who exudes confidence, understands the situation, is calm under pressure and most of all, produces results -- short of that -- things can come apart at the seams. Do you think the Vikings QBs are bent out of shape due to the Favre situation? Of course they are. But they aren't going to come out and express that publicly. They just got to come out and produce. This isn't intramurals. This is professional football. Feelings will get hurt.

Now perhaps the critics have been unfair (including our own fans). But fair or unfair, the beauty of the game is that JC has the ability to shut all of his critics up. Nothing is a better cure for doubt, disrespect and criticism than winning. If he notches up wins and continues to produce much of that noise goes away (not all mind you, but you can't please everyone all the time). If you can lead us to the playoffs and beyond, what is there to complain about?

Just win baby.

Dude. Great post. Right with you all the way.

I know he's going to be the QB no matter what anyone here thinks so yea, I want him to do well. I can't imagine why anyone would be hoping he fails because that means we will have to be losing games horribly and half the season would be over before we dared throw in a raw QB or Todd Collins outside his element. If JC fails, nothing good will come of it.

I should add, by "success" I assume we mean he becomes a legit franchise QB with very little doubt.

Archived