Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do You Support the Success of Jason Campbell?

[[ghost]]

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I just want him to PUT UP or get benched simple as that.

This is different from saying you want him to fail, like the other poster said.

I'm not going to get into my 3,459,761 argument over JC. I don't necessarily think JC is the future star QB, but at the same time, I don't think anyone, ESPECIALLY anyone on ES, thinks they have seen enough from JC to give him a FAIR, FAIR being the key word, evaluation.

But I digress, all of our questions, concerns and worries will be answered this year.

Who in their right mind would WANT to see our franchise get set back a couple years by rooting for him to fail?

He's the best shot we have for a young, franchise QB. If he's NOT the one, we'll have some journeymen for a while (unless Colt is an absolute gift from heaven).

Whos to say wed be set back a couple of years? this is the nfl and the way our front office works you never know.

What if we do end up sucking,finishing last..and drafting another colt mcoy that is,or a tebow...and then they come in and were just like atlanta,or the ravens with rooks at the helm...or even better?

how will we all feel then? I would feel cheated,like i wasted too much time on this board,too much money at the games,too much embarassment in someone seeing me throw out my campbell jersey.

I apoligize if my patience is shorter than some of you with the current situation at the quaterback position for my washington redskins.

This question is stupidly worded and done so for disingenuous reasons: you are trying to characterize those who don't want JC as "bad fans of the team." That's BS.

I don't think JC is any good. I support going in a different direction. I do not support him keeping his job.

But I answered yes. Because I support the "success" of JC. That is, if you tell me that he will turn it around and turn into a legit franchise QB, then I'm all for it. I would totally support JC if he makes an enormous change and lights it up.

The key issue here is expectations. My expectations is that he is going to CONTINUE to fail. I don't want him to. I hope he doesn't. But I don't plan based on blind hope. I plan based on expectations. And I expect him to fail.

Look at it this way. I like Six Flags. I enjoy going there. I don't want them to close. But I'm not about to invest my money in Six Flags because I think it is going to go bankrupt. Now maybe it won't. And if it doesn't, then great! I like Six Flags! But as an investor, I'm not about to invest in something because I like it; I'm only going to invest in something I have the expectation will succeed.

Fans (and the team) are investors with respect to JC. We invest time and support. By sticking with JC, we are investing on him for the future, when we could spend our investment on looking for a better option.

I like JC. I hope he succeeds. But my expectations are firmly that he will not.

This is different from saying you want him to fail, like the other poster said.

I'm not going to get into my 3,459,761 argument over JC. I don't necessarily think JC is the future star QB, but at the same time, I don't think anyone, ESPECIALLY anyone on ES, thinks they have seen enough from JC to give him a FAIR, FAIR being the key word, evaluation.

But I digress, all of our questions, concerns and worries will be answered this year.

Of course. It has to be this year. The bossman came out and said..perform or you will not be on this team. Thats not a good sign from an owner who loves throwing out money,all he asks is that jason perform up to expectations and he fails miserably.

what would you think is fair? is it fair that we dwell the basement of our division every year?

they couldnt even trade the guy. and gave up when thy realized he might still be the best option...but def could be upgraded

This question is stupidly worded and done so for disingenuous reasons: you are trying to characterize those who don't want JC as "bad fans of the team." That's BS.

I actually like the title. It is trying to, IMO, bring those detractors out and really share how they feel. I think it does a better job of bringing those in disagreement together. It also gets those who say "NO", to share how they feel. Because after all, you would think someone has an agenda if they say "NO" to the question.

and also that the campbell supporters can finally face the facts that he isnt really that good.

So again it sounds like you want to prove a point rather than the Skins to succeed. I don't get that line of thinking and I guess I never will.

I just don't know how you KNOW that Campbell "isn't really that good".

I remember it took Drew Brees awhile to become the pro bowl caliber QB he is today. At one point people were saying he "isn't really that good". Now he's arguably one of the best in football.

I think we should all root for whoever the coaches have playing and hope that give us the best effort possible at their respective positions. Regardless if we believe they can give us enough to win.

If Colt at sometime becomes the starter I'll do the same for him regardless of how I feel about his play. I'm always on the side of the guy who is starting ... I was when Patrick Ramsey started, Mark Brunel ... hell even Tony Banks.

];6576298']This is my efforts in weeding out the character of this board.

Every single Redskins fan should WANT JC to succeed.

But for how many people is the failure of JC more important than the success of failure for the Redskins.

JC succeeds' date=' then almost certainly, the Redskins prevail.

Ergo, Go Campbell.[/quote']

I think your poll was much needed and long overdue. So far 13 have voted NO....and that is sad, but honestly I thought it would have been more. A poll awhile back had it almost 50/50 on JC vs Colt so this poll tells me that the Colt supporters are willing to put the team 1st and that is all that matters.

HAIL

Of course. It has to be this year. The bossman came out and said..perform or you will not be on this team. Thats not a good sign from an owner who loves throwing out money,all he asks is that jason perform up to expectations and he fails miserably.

what would you think is fair? is it fair that we dwell the basement of our division every year?

they couldnt even trade the guy. and gave up when thy realized he might still be the best option...but def could be upgraded

You are talking about an owner and FO who you have stated has done a bad job at evaluating talent. So now you use them to back up your claim to move on from JC?

Are you being serious about the Redskins being at the bottom as a direct result of JC? Seeing as how JC has only been the full time starter for 2 years, one of which he didn't finish because he was hurt. Lets not forget the several changes in coaching and calls made at the line. How about the poor play of the OL. I'm not saying JC would be a ProBowl QB, but he hasn't been given a FAIR shot.

They couldn't trade him for WHAT THEY WANTED. There is a big difference. You have to look at the market.

Why do I somehow get the feeling that the OP wants to expose people who support Colt Brennan in the mistaken belief that these fans somehow WANT JC to fail. I think that there is a significant group of people that would love to see the Skins win with Colt's exciting type of play.

I actually like the title. It is trying to, IMO, bring those detractors out and really share how they feel. I think it does a better job of bringing those in disagreement together. It also gets those who say "NO", to share how they feel. Because after all, you would think someone has an agenda if they say "NO" to the question.

No, it's BS. I'm a detractor. But I support his success for the reasons I stated above.

What this is a BS attempt to try to say that those who oppose JC want the team to fail. That is utter horse-hockey. It's an argument in bad faith. It's a pathetic attempt to silence people by castigating and misrepresenting their position.

"Do you think JC will succeed?"

"Do you want a change at QB?"

"Do you want JC to start all season?"

All of the questions would have been appropriate.

But to ask people if they want JC to succeed is a bunch of baloney. Everyone hear wants this team to be dominant, so we want all 53 players on our roster to be Hall of Fame category. Nobody wants someone to suck.

But some people think certain players are bad and need to go. That brings no sense of happiness. It's not something that is hoped for.

So to frame the debate as "Those who want JC at QB want the team to succeed, and those who do not want JC at QB want the team to fail" is utter, unmitigated BS. It's a bad faith attempt to change the issue and shut down opposing viewpoints.

I agree 100%. I don't care who the QB for this team is, but whoever he is I want him to succeed. I figure that's how most people would feel. As long as the Redskins are winning and the QB is playing well, why would it matter who it is? I like JC, but I also love Colt's style.

In the offseason go ahead and cheer for the QB to get replaced, there's no harm in that, but when it comes to game time if you're rooting for a starter to play like garbage then I have a problem with it. Not saying those aren't true fans, but what are you if you're cheering for your team to fail? I'm just saying it's all in priorities, winning first, your favorite player getting time second, IMO.

So again it sounds like you want to prove a point rather than the Skins to succeed. I don't get that line of thinking and I guess I never will.

I just don't know how you KNOW that Campbell "isn't really that good".

I remember it took Drew Brees awhile to become the pro bowl caliber QB he is today. At one point people were saying he "isn't really that good". Now he's arguably one of the best in football.

I think we should all root for whoever the coaches have playing and hope that give us the best effort possible at their respective positions. Regardless if we believe they can give us enough to win.

If Colt at sometime becomes the starter I'll do the same for him regardless of how I feel about his play. I'm always on the side of the guy who is starting ... I was when Patrick Ramsey started, Mark Brunel ... hell even Tony Banks.

im pretty sure i was there too man. But what has campbell done to justify that he is that good?

I have no agenda in this,and even if i did...who cares were all fans with voices and opinions none better than the rest. So i didnt even vote and i dont really care to,but even if i wanted the team to fail because of one lousy qb oh well...wake up tomorrow get dressed,goto work anyways and wait for sunday to do it all over again....meaning ill still watch and get happy when things are going well,but facts are facts and they havnt been going well since 1991 guys.

who cares about detractors. there people just like you. so your better because your more drunk on the kool aid?

You are talking about an owner and FO who you have stated has done a bad job at evaluating talent. So now you use them to back up your claim to move on from JC?

Are you being serious about the Redskins being at the bottom as a direct result of JC? Seeing as how JC has only been the full time starter for 2 years, one of which he didn't finish because he was hurt. Lets not forget the several changes in coaching and calls made at the line. How about the poor play of the OL. I'm not saying JC would be a ProBowl QB, but he hasn't been given a FAIR shot.

They couldn't trade him for WHAT THEY WANTED. There is a big difference. You have to look at the market.

Yes they have made bad decisions,but snyder is a hell of a businessman. Hes just out for a nice return for a former first rounder.

So if campbell puts up big numbers this year because his job security was threatned..what then? same system,when last season all we could talk about was how his best year in college he ran the west coast offense...but yet looked as lost as you and I.

ITs all hype every year but the same result. no wonder we get no airtime on espn or nfln,and people actually get angry.

im pretty sure i was there too man. But what has campbell done to justify that he is that good?

I have no agenda in this,and even if i did...who cares were all fans with voices and opinions none better than the rest. So i didnt even vote and i dont really care to,but even if i wanted the team to fail because of one lousy qb oh well...wake up tomorrow get dressed,goto work anyways and wait for sunday to do it all over again....meaning ill still watch and get happy when things are going well,but facts are facts and they havnt been going well since 1991 guys.

It's not about me justifying if Campbell is "that good" or not. The truth is I don't know and neither do you. In fact we are WAAAAAYY further away from being someone in a position to judge talent then the ones that are making the decisions of who should be the starting QB.

I'm sure San Diego fans KNEW Drew Brees wasn't any good and he should be shipped off immediately. They lucked out by getting Phillip Rivers but what if they didn't and they got rid of Brees. They would have looked pretty stupid for not finding out especially with Brees being a first round pick.

I guess we are in two different camps. I for one am sick of all the changes because it hasn't done us any good. All we do is change. Change has only gotten us the same results since 1991. I would love some stability therefore I vote to see what Campbell has for one more year. If he can't do it then we move on and I would give Colt or whoever the next QB the same patience I showed Campbell.

Whos to say wed be set back a couple of years? this is the nfl and the way our front office works you never know.

What if we do end up sucking,finishing last..and drafting another colt mcoy that is,or a tebow...and then they come in and were just like atlanta,or the ravens with rooks at the helm...or even better?

how will we all feel then? I would feel cheated,like i wasted too much time on this board,too much money at the games,too much embarassment in someone seeing me throw out my campbell jersey.

I apoligize if my patience is shorter than some of you with the current situation at the quaterback position for my washington redskins.

Right...but this thread is asking "Do you want Campbell to succeed" so why even wait a year for lightning to hopefully strike in the draft when you can have a successful starting QB now???

I read this question as: All things (success) being equal, do you want Campbell to be our successful starting QB or someone else?

The only reason to not support Campbell's success is if you don't like him personally which would be odd since he comes across as a very nice individual.

who cares about detractors. there people just like you. so your better because your more drunk on the kool aid?

No. I haven't drunk any Kool Aid. I'm do my best to look at it RATIONALLY.

Have you noticed that not one commentator or analyst has ever said the Redskins need to move on from JC. If anything, many of them questioned the Redskins move to unload him so eagerly this offseason.

Both detractors and kool-aid drinkers are the extremes. They are not looking at the whole picture, which includes learning from other teams mistakes of the past and looking to the future. All are just as bad as the Cult of Colt.

Archived