Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do You Support the Success of Jason Campbell?

[[ghost]]

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

This is exactly how I feel. I hope every member of the team from Daniel Snyder on down to the part-time waterboy does well and is successful. Getting that drink to a thirsty Clinton Portis on time could make all the difference. Seeing how most of us on here are "extreme" Redskins fans, how could you not feel this way.

The question pertains to the fact that often times, a lot of fans relate anything and everything to Campbell and his shortcomings.

What I'd like to know is, do you support the success of Jason Campbell?

As I understand it, if JC succeeds, this team will succeed. That is the most important thing to me, so I would like to see Campbell succeed.

I support the success of the Washington Redskins, not just Jason Campbell. By no means do I want JC to fail, but I want the Redskins to succeed more than anything.

But one can make the argument that if JC is holding the team back then he should be replaced when it is apparent he is not going to help the team.

];6576350']The question pertains to the fact that often times' date=' a lot of fans relate anything and everything to Campbell and his shortcomings.

What I'd like to know is, do you support the success of Jason Campbell?

As I understand it, if JC succeeds, this team will succeed. That is the most important thing to me, so I would like to see Campbell succeed.[/quote']

To answer your question, Yes I support Jason Campbell and hope he does well. We need a franchise QB and Campbell stepping up into that role would be awesome instead of having to draft another QB and starting the process all over again. Then again we might have that QB on our bench, but id rather not be in the position of finding out because it probably means our 2009 season is over.

There's been some "curious" questions being asked here lately lol..."Would you be disappointed if an injury happened in the preseason that changed the season"..."Do you support the success of our starting QB"..."Which would be more surprising: going to the Super Bowl or losoing 2 more games than last year"...It's like the GED of football quizzes lol :D

I prefer us to go in the direction of Colt, simply because I believe his upside is 5x greater than we will ever see out of Campbell.

I think if Colt is given all of the attention and opportunity that JC has had, that he can develop in the mold of a Brees, Favre, Cutler, Montana type of passer.

Having said that, I pull for whoever the qb may be.

I prefer us to go in the direction of Colt, simply because I believe his upside is 5x greater than we will ever see out of Campbell.

I think if Colt is given all of the attention and opportunity that JC has had, that he can develop in the mold of a Brees, Favre, Cutler, Montana type of passer.

Having said that, I pull for whoever the qb may be.

I actually feel the exact same way you do about Colt. I'm looking forward to seeing him in preseason because he was red hot the first two preseason games last year. That being said it's Campbell's job and i hope he plays well.

I'm not a Campbell supporter but I still understand the fact that if he sucks this franchise is screwed. We will either end up trading picks for an average veteran QB (Brunell caliber) or have a rookie and go through the same cycle.

I am rooting for him to succeed but I'm not getting my hopes up high. Based on what I've seen, I don't think the chances of him being more than a game manager are high in this league. If he does well, then I'll be GLAD to be wrong.

Of course I support the support of Campbell for the sole fact that he is the current Redskins starting QB and his success will help the Redskins. I support the success of any Skins player because it leads to team success. Even if Tony Romo sits to pee or Terrell Owens was on this team or any player I do not like I would support their success because it would most likely help the Redskins.

Nobody who loves this team is going to want our starting QB or anyone for that matter to fail. I want to see Jason do great, but the fact is he hasn't even came close. Hopefully this season he will turn into that elite QB that's been expected since he arrived in Washington.

You know, there's been accusations back and forth across many JC/Colt threads. But I don't think even the most ardent Colt Brennan supporter wants to see JC fail, because that means the Skins are failing.
One would think that, and then, just two posts later:
Jason must go! He does not have the IT FACTOR!!!!

With all of the Jason Campbell bashing/hate, I'm again surprised at the poll results thus far...I actually feel a bit better about some of our fan base, that certain personal hate or agendas don't totally cloud or overshadow the ultimate prize of wanted success and winning.

Why is it when you think JC isn't a great QB you get accused of being anti-Campbell or a hater? If Jason is good, than step it up. If he isn't than replace him. Bottom line is the want for this team to win and not limp along being bottom tier. I want this entire team to have a swagger like the old days. I want a "We're gonna beat you on the ground and through the air." swagger. Sorry, but I really want to crush all opponents and any idea that they might have a chance in hell of winning.

My sig has the public poll done by ESPN. I made it part of my sig just for the ardent Colt fans who always start their post with "all the fans want Colt to start" or "everybody knows Colt is better".

well of course your poll is wrong, most of us would like Colt Brennan to get a shot. Cole Brennan is a guy who works at Five Guys in Herndon, and somehow even he got 25% of the votes. LOL

Why is it when you think JC isn't a great QB you get accused of being anti-Campbell or a hater? If Jason is good, than step it up. If he isn't than replace him. Bottom line is the want for this team to win and not limp along being bottom tier. I want this entire team to have a swagger like the old days. I want a "We're gonna beat you on the ground and through the air." swagger. Sorry, but I really want to crush all opponents and any idea that they might have a chance in hell of winning.

Amen. So well said. At the end of the day it really doesn't even matter who the QB is....the real fans just want to see the team win. Oh, and for all of the big-time Campbell lovers, what do you have to say about all of the terrible comments made AGAINST Colt Brennan? Yeah, the door swings both ways, so some of you shouldn't act all innocent about supporting the team and a particular player.

I'm a big fan of Colt Brennan, but I still wanna see Campbell succeed. If he has success, the REDSKINS will be winning games, baby! I pull for EVERY player wearing that Skins jersey on his back!!!!

Hail!

+1 I don't love or dislike any one player more than the TEAM. So of course I'll be rooting for EVERY REDSKINS player to succeed this year.

Why is it when you think JC isn't a great QB you get accused of being anti-Campbell or a hater? If Jason is good, than step it up. If he isn't than replace him.

LoL-

When you think JC isn't GREAT??

I call BS.

Those that are accused of being anti-Campbell never say JC isn't great.

The 'haters' are those are convinced that JC 'sucks' or 'is holding the team back' or 'isn't good'

That is much different from JC 'isn't great'

At least be honest.

And just for the sake of clarity don't you think that Colt is better then Jason?

-In another thread some people posted that if JC does well this year they would want to trade him anyway.

What's that about?

I'm not saying you are one of those anti-Campbell people.

But, please don't make it seem that those people aren't out there.

Archived